Exclusive

Girl Meets World First Look: Has Shawn Found His New Angela?

Girl Meets World Shawn

Love is in the air on Friday’s Girl Meets World (Disney Channel, 8:30/7:30c) — at least Cory and Riley hope it is when they scheme to set Shawn up on a date with Maya’s mom.

TVLine has a pair of exclusive shots from tomorrow’s episode, appropriately titled “Girl Meets Master Plan,” in which Team Matthews attempts to play matchmaker. But why is Maya tied up in the second photo? Could she be trying to put a stop to her mother’s rendezvous with Shawn?

Also, question for the group: Do we like the idea of Shawn dating Maya’s mom — and potentially becoming her stepfather down the line — or are we still holding out hope for an appearance from Angela?

Check out the exclusive photos below, then drop a comment with your thoughts.

Girl Meets World Shawn

Girl Meets World Shawn

1. Eric says:

Hmm. Mixed feelings here. I love the idea of Shawn becoming Maya’s stepdad, but from her mom’s first appearance, I also think that Shawn could potentially do better…

2. sarratiger says:

Angela all day every day.

3. Yvonne says:

Bring back Angela!

4. Sara says:

bring back angela!

5. Hannah Jane says:

Seeing as Angela was The Worst, I’m more open to giving Katy Hart a second chance, even though her initial appearance was beyond grating. Here’s to hoping for actual character development.

6. alistaircrane says:

I thought the Christmas episode was hinting that Shawn was Maya’s actual father.

7. Cassidy says:

Angela and Shawn need to be together in the end.

• Brooke says:

ANGELS AND SHAWN LOVE EACH OTHER. THERE FOREVER. SHE DIDNT WALK OUT ON HIM SHE WENT TO BE WILL HER DAD FOR A YEAR BECAUSE HE WAS STATIONED IN EUROPE. AND THEY NEVER EVEN BROKE UP SHAWN SAID GOODBYE ANGELA AND THEY BOTH SAID I LOVE YOU WHEN SHE LEFT AND ANGELAS WORDS WHERE “let’s not say goodbye, let’s just say I love you!” I personally will hate this show of him and Katy end up together……. Because I’ve always believed Angela was his sole mate. Sonics, lipgloss and all! :)

8. I am hoping Angela comes back in season 2.

9. Ian says:

Um, I think a lot of people, and especially the black fans of Boy Meets World back in the day, would consider it inconceivable and unacceptable for Shawn and Angela not to be together. I don’t know what’s going on with that actress, and I know she was considerably older than all the rest of them while the show was first going on, but they have to be together. That’s like having Cory and Topanga not be together.

• Lizo says:

Basically, the actress doesn’t look “appropriately Disney” anymore. She’s ridiculously beautiful, but she’s dyed her hair blonde and I think she had her breasts enlarged. Which, I mean who cares right? It’s her body, she can do whatever the heck she wants. But she doesn’t look “Disney”.
      And then, the racism of them not being comfortable with how a black woman is being expressive with her body.
      They should still bring her back. Lots of actors wear wigs, so they could do that. Cause I don’t know if Angela would ever go blonde.

• Sara says:

No one has said that she doesn’t look “appropriately Disney.”
        Michael Jacobs has told fans wanting to see Angela that “good things come to those who wait” and that’d she’d be brought up a lot more next season (She’s brought up in this episode airing Friday). They wanted spend the first season introducing fans to be Riley’s world and her friends. Now that the groundwork for that has been set, they’re going to have more of the original cast come back. Just be patient.

• Tomasina says:

She still looks like herself, Hence the saying Good black don’t crack. (Lol). I think they should be together because there are feelings there that have not been answered. They have a lot in common. Stating that black fans want her back is not true, She was Topanga’s friend and Cory’s eventually. Her color shouldn’t matter. She and Shawn fit well together, were as Mya’s mom is not a good fit for him.

• Tai says:

Not all black Boy Meets World fans. I never really clicked with Angela. I was kind of okay with them not being together. Would I like to see them have done scenes together on this show of course. But if they’re not together, it’s not a huge loss.

• Breanna says:

If cory and topanga weren’t together th Eden there wouldn’t be a boy meets world or a girl meets world because they wouldn’t have been able to have kids….. although you probably already knew that.

10. Amber says:

I’m okay with Shawn moving on and finding someone new. I liked Angela, but that was a long time ago. Besides, what makes Sean’s story interesting is that his life is a bit lonely and sad. So it makes sense for Shawn and Angela to not have worked out. That said, I’m not sure if Maya’s Mom is the one either. I just hope the writers give Shawn someone great!

11. Aly D says:

I want ANGELA BACK!!! They were so perfect together! And when the broke up…the amount of tears I shed could have filled a swimming pool.

12. Brittany says:

I can’t wiat to see it! But for the record Farkle looks totally HOT in this pic! But i think that i would be good with Katy and Shawn.

13. Television Watcher says:

Reblogged this on The Television Watcher.

14. Angela was okay, but I just don’t see her and Shawn working out this late in the game if it didn’t already happen anyway. I want him with someone his own speed though and I don’t think Maya’s mom fits the bill.

15. Amber says:

I never liked Angela, so I’m not upset that they are not together. I don’t really think Mayas mom is good enough for him though. I mean, it doesn’t sound like a good fit. She’s hardly ever around, and given the way Shawn grew up, would he even want to be with someone like her?

16. Cori says:

We don’t all marry our high school sweethearts. An Angela mention would be nice, but it makes sense they wouldn’t be together.

• NJMark says:

The one thing I hate about reboots is the endless parade of “bring back….” comments. As if it’s normal to have literally everyone from your past come into your life again, many years later.

Shawn and Cory were lifelong friends, so it makes sense to include him in the new show. But a girlfriend from high school? Not so much.

17. Kristina says:

I don’t know about that. I’d like him to find someone better, although I love the idea of him being her stepdad! As for Angela, her return might be the only thing that could ruin this series for me. She was horrible. Never liked her, never liked her and Shawn together, never want to see her on this show. I’d happily watch the actress in anything else, but couldn’t STAND the character.

18. Bri says:

Bring Angela back!

19. Ian says:

Whatever.

I wasn’t watching Girl Meets World anyway.

And if Shawn isn’t coming back as a regular, then they at least could have given him and Angela a child if Angela wasn’t going to appear physically on the show herself.

But like i said, whatever.

20. Asia says:

Yeah, I’m not interested in Shawn being paired with Maya’s mother. So, here’s hoping that this a ship that never sets sail. And I want to see Angela again regardless of whether or not they but her and Shawn back together.

21. It’s been 15 years. Normal people do not pine after an ex for 15 years.

22. Joey Padron says:

Weird they try setting up Shawn with Maya’s mom. Glad he’ll be back for another episode in season 1.

23. WMJ4520 says:

Way too much focus on Maya. Riley is almost becoming a secondary character. Its predecessor knew who was supposed to be the main focus and you never wondered whether Cory or Shawn was the “boy”.

24. Em says:

I’d much rather see Shawn get back with Angela, to be honest. I do like the idea of Shawn being to Maya what Mr. Turner was to him though. I think he could be good for Maya, but I don’t want Shawn and Maya’s mum together.

25. I am holding out for the original Angela’s return

26. animegirl31 says:

I don’t think its a good idea, I think Shawn needs someone that’s just his, though I would love to have him around more.

He can still have a step-dad type of relationship with Maya without being with Kitty, I mean. Does anyone remember Mr. Turner? (Really, does anyone? has he a mirage of my imagination? because no one ever mentions him) He was total father figure for Shawn in high school, even lived him and all.

27. lorna says:

I really dont think they need to bring angela or rachel on. Could care less about morgan.

28. kate says:

I would ❤❤❤❤❤❤LOVE to see Angela back!! Having the original cast is always the best! They were great together and i hope that they do end up together!!!

29. Rachel says:

Shawn doesn’t have to be with Angela but he’s way better than Maya’s mother from what we’ve seen.

30. Luli says:

What is Riley wearing? Do they realize they are like 12 years old? Why have her in high heels?

31. Andy says:

Sean for be for Maya what Mr. Turner was for Sean. I assumed that’s where they were going with this. Sean could and should be with someone much better than Maya’s mother.

Nice try Riley.

32. Susan says:

I believe everyone deserves happiness first of all so yes it could be a good storyline if they got together. I would say that Maya is probably upset with Shawn and her mom seeing each other because she gets Shawn’s attention and they “get” each other. She might be afraid or jealous that things might change as in the way they relate to one another.

33. Christian says:

I strongly do *not* want Shawn to end up with Angela. In real life, hardly anyone ends up with their high school girlfriend. Cory and Topanga ended up together, because they’re them, but that’s the one you get. Shawn’s a complicated guy, who doesn’t seem like the type to have found his true love so quick and easy. It seems clear he and Angela never got back together, and it’s been 15 years. They’re probably both completely different people.

I think Angela should appear in an episode, and she and Shawn should get some closure, but I also think it should be that she’s maybe long ago married and settled down with someone else, maybe giving Shawn the impetus to start looking to the future.

As for Maya’s Mom, I liked her in her one episode. I’d need to see them together to really make a decision though. I don’t like the idea though that Shawn’s surrogate fatherhood thing to Maya has to necessitate him marrying her mother though.

Anyway, I encourage people to check out my review of this episode (and my past reviews) at girlmeetsworldreviewed.blogspot.com

34. johnny says:

highly doubt Angela will be returning. Katy (Cheryl) is a GREAT actress and will evolve with this character…and remember the show is really about the kids not the parents so much (other than Cory and Topanga)

35. Hilarie says:

Noon I thin angela should come Back and should be shawn and angela it would be the same with a new angela

36. novella15 says:

I most definitely love the idea of Shawn becoming Maya’s step dad. As I watch the episode I released that when she made a wish she looked at Shawn and her mom before blowing out the candles! Hopefully Shawn ends up Maya’s step dad :)

37. Jeovana says:

Well … Can I Say I hum took fright when I saw this photo . And when I read a Matter THEN … But I liked the idea of the Mother of Maia with Shawn , but I aimda Hopes Angela appears, MAYBE happen The two.

38. Lynne says:

I’m not interested in Maya’s mother being with Shawn AT ALL. I loved him and Angela together. How lovely would it be for her to come back after X years, they give each other that look and there are fireworks again! Shawn would be a great mentor to Maya and I’d love to see that story continue. But Angela should be Shawn’s “happily ever after”.

39. liz says:

Well, I’ve seen the actress that played Angela on the set watching a taping, so it’s not like she has been there supporting the cast. I’d much rather Sean become Maia’s step-dad than see Angela.

40. grace says:

I think although the idea of Shawn and Mayas mom dating is not a bad idea but I still remember watching boy meets world and I really like the idea of Shawn and angela reunighting. I would rather Shawn and angela get back together than see Mayas mom and Shawn. Team angela.

41. Kayla says:

Maybe the return of Angela will be a source of tension for Shawn! He will have to decide between her and Katy! That would be awesome: the dream girl who left or the new girl who may or may not be perfect for him with a daughter…

42. Kiki Ly says:

I totally think Katy and Shawn should be together! Angela left Shawn…Katy, Shawn and Maya should be a family

43. Mary-Jo Roldan says:

Boo!!! HIss!!! He belongs with the old Angela!

44. Samantha says:

I just want Shawn to stay on the show don’t care who he is with but would be cool to see angela do a guest slot just to find out what happened to her. And Cory brother should come on show too. Old cast and new cast unite you will get more viewers from 80’s generation.

45. CreativeArtist91 says:

I would like to see him reunited with Angela. I mean their relationship is what set the show apart from other shows but race was never mentioned in the series and that’s what I like. I honestly only watch the show to see former cast members. I don’t want to see Shawn with Mya’s mom. I’m sorry but the way Angela and Shawn’s relationship ended on Boy Meets World come of been better so hopefully they give us what majority of the fans are asking for. Go Shawn and Angela!!!

• Khy says:

Exactly I feel the same way race doesn’t matter In this case I would love to see Shawn with another race. And they can have their old relationship back.and I honestly don’t think Shawn and Maya’s mom look right together they just don’t fit.

46. Ray says:

Angela left Shawn. Let it go! It was Riley’s idea to have Shawn be Maya’s dad. I think, if done right, Shawn and Katy would be good together. Shawn could settle down and Katy could get a better job. Remember the reason Katy hasn’t been on much is because Maya thought she “did something to make my father leave”. Since Shawn told Maya the truth about her father leaving and Katy admitted it, this may change Maya and Katy’s relationship. Besides, we were led to believe that Maya wished for Shawn and her mom to get together when she blew out the candles on her cake. Time will tell. Leave Angela as an appearance in a dream or something, telling Shawn to be happy. I don’t think she needs to be brought in as a recurring character.

47. christopher gladd says:

When well the new girl meets world start soon i love this show i whoch this shpw all the time

48. christopher gladd says:

Hi

My name is christopher gladd im 32 years old .i seen your shows all the time.i love this shows.

49. I drop a comment when I appreciate a article on a site or if I have something to add to the conversation. Usually it’s triggered by the sincerness communicated in the post I
    browsed. And on this article Girl Meets World Spoilers – Shawns New Girlfriend Is Mayas Mom
    | TVLine. I was actually excited enough to drop a comment :-P I do have a couple of questions for you if it’s okay.
    Could it be just me or do a few of these remarks appear like they
    are coming from brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are
    posting on other social sites, I would like to keep up with anything
    fresh you have to post. Would you list the complete urls of your shared
    pages like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

50. What’s up Dear, are you genuinely visiting this website daily,
    if so afterward you will definitely get nice knowledge.