Lucy Lawless, Stuart Townsend Join Salem Season 2 — Watch New Teaser

Salem Season 2 Spoilers

WGN America’s Salem is beefing up its Season 2 cast, inviting a warrior princess and an extraordinary gentleman into the fold.

Lucy Lawless and Stuart Townsend will both recur in the supernatural drama’s 13-episode sophomore season, the network announced Wednesday. Lawless will play Countess Marburg, one of the last members of a line of powerful German witches, while Townsend will play Samuel Wainwright, an English doctor intent on exposing Salem’s secrets — while closely guarding his own.

Additionally, Joe Doyle and and Oliver Bell are joining the cast as series regulars. Doyle will play Baron Sebastian Marburg, the charming son of Lawless’ character, while Bell will reprise the role of Mary’s presumed-dead son.

WGN America has also released an unsettling new teaser for the second season, which finds Anne is a slightly unusual position — even for her. (Spoiler alert: I hope you like blood and rats!)

1. lizo says:

Where Lawless goes, I go. I’ve had Salem on my ‘to watch’ list, but probably wouldn’t get around to watching. It just got pushed up a few spots.

2. Kate says:

I just recently watched the whole season on Netflix and my goodness do I wish I got WGN around here (which I don’t) but on the other hand, I don’t know that I could not watch a few in a row (though to be fair, there were parts in there that I don’t know if I blame on the show or blame on the fact that I was marathoning it where I got distracted). I might actually watch it again.

• lechatnoir says:

Kate , you’ve overdosed on Salem. that’s no bueno. Marathoning is only good when you watch 2 episodes per day max , unless the cliffhanger to the next episode is too juicy and you can’t help but watch another ep.

3. bj says:

She’ll be a great addition to the show.

4. Cousin O'yaya says:

Awesome news this will definitely satisfy my witch fix after Coven ended and Witches of Eastwick got canceled ( season 2 was really good to me ). and I’m so fascinated by Lucy Lawless’s acting choices , from Action: Spartacus to Comedy: Parks and recreations to Indi: top of the lake to Comic Adventure: to Agents of Shield , Spy thriller: The Code now Horror with Salem. the Lady sure is divers

5. Ray says:

That’s nice, but the writers really need to up their game and fix the pacing issues. The first season was a complete bore, aside from the very last two episodes. And this is coming from someone who loves all things witchy.

6. tiffwilson says:

I wish I can meet her face to face some time to

7. Joey Padron says:

Good casting for new season. New teaser was pretty good. Can’t wait for show to come back!

8. Agent 86 says:

I’m very happy to read that Lucy Lawless will regularly be seen on the small screen again, although I really do wish that it was in a better show!

Now that she’s ruled our any further appearances in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, maybe she can be added to the DC Cinematic Multi-Universe? CW clearly likes casting actors from Spartacus, so she could join one of the TV series. I think she’d make a great Cat Grant on Supergirl. Lucy Lawless would also be a pretty awesome Hippolyta, Hera or Circe in the upcoming “Wonder Woman” film.

And I hope that we see Diane Lewis at least once more in Parks and Recreation’s final season!

9. judy winn says:

would really like to commend you for having Lucy on the show. Like the fan below, I will watch anything she is in. She is a tremendous actress & her fans are loyal to a fault. We have been waiting a long time to watch her on TV again, so thank you or allowing us to have our favorite lady back. She will be a great n an part she plays! Again, Thank You!