Arrow First Look: Ray Palmer Suits Up, Diggle and Arsenal Fight Crime

Felicity is giving Ray Palmer a hand — with his hand.

In a fresh batch of Arrow photos from next Wednesday’s episode (The CW, 8/7c), the tech wiz is seen helping her boss with his A.T.O.M. exosuit.

Ray “is on a slightly different track” with his hero crusade “than the other members of Team Arrow,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim said recently during a Television Critics Association panel for the show.

RELATED CW Eyeing DC Comics’ Atom Series

Elsewhere in the sneak peek, Diggle and Roy (in his Arsenal costume) hit the streets to fight crime without Oliver and get a beatdown from guest star Vinnie Jones as villain Danny “Brick” Brickwell.

Flip through the gallery, then hit the comments with your thoughts on Ray’s mission.

1. Dmac says:

Seriously how much of Ray are we going to be subjected to?

• clarityjones says:

I know. I think there is an assumption more superheroes the better but personally I haven’t had enough screen time with the regular Arrow Team yet. They announced they are working on an Atom spin-off tv show for him so, like Flash, all this Ray stuff is really to introduce us to a character of an up-coming show.

• Rob Watkins says:

That’s not what they said. It’s not like the Flash. Ray was not brought on with the idea for a spin off nor have they had much development beyond preliminary talks of a spin off that won’t necessarily be with The Atom.

• wonderwall says:

I tried to like Ray, but he’s such a non-entity…

• Luis says:

The writers are using this opportunity to build up and flesh out some of the secondary characters while Oliver is MIA.

2. Jenay says:

Felicity is not looking happy in any of her pictures ahh I feel sorry for her.

• Gail says:

Well Ollie is dead or so she thinks for the next few episodes. I am sure she will be very unhappy. Nothing to do with Ray.

3. Ashley says:

I like Brandon and I like Ray, sort of, but I’m not sure how I feel about the implications of Felicity jumping from Oliver to Ray (in the hero sense, not romantically). I have faith in the writers, but I’m a little wary of where this seems to be going in Oliver’s absence.

4. blah says:

Why are diggle and Roy geting beat up when they have guns. Diggle used to be cool. He was the Agent Coulson (ironman era) of Arrow. Now he and roy are getting beat up by one guy despite the fact that one is a genetically enhanced supersoilder and the other has a gun

Also why is Felicity hanging out in Castle with Daniel Shaw. Did Anyone else think that?

5. Joey Padron says:

Good photos. Ray’s groves for Atom suit looks good. Hope Diggle & Roy can defeat Brick.

6. Zu says:

When will Diggle get a mask tho?…. When..?

• Brigid says:

Hopefully never, why does he need one?

• Luis says:

Why does he need one? He keeps hanging around with the Arrow and fighting bad guys. At some point, some bad guy is going to have access to facial recognition software, or the wrong person will realize they saw Oliver’s bodyguard running around with the Arrow. I think its a bit foolhardy for Dig not to least be wearing a balaclava on the streets.

7. Briggs says:

Poor Roy and Diggle. I heard from the panel yesterday at the TCAs they don’t plan on giving Diggle a mask, but he might show up once or twice as the Arrow, like he did in the first season. So, not bad. :)
    LOL And Felicity has this look of, “is he going to hurt himself? I hope he doesn’t hurt himself. I clean up enough messes without this…” I wonder if it ever comes out that Ray isn’t the first here she’s assisted….

8. This season is awful just awful and i think the only likeable people has been Ray and Roy

9. Arrowette says:

If Oliver missing |I will like to see Roy being a kickass guy. I mean he has always been under Arrow shadow and so far you havent really see him really kicking soem a*sS. He looks like a whimp and always letting Oliver finish what he can end by himself. I hope in the following epsides you can see a change in Roy. I mean at least 180 degrees of change,. I hope writers will do that with his character

10. Gail says:

Avoid IMDb if you don’t want to see spoilers about Ollie and what happens. Or if you want to know head on over to the episode descriptions.

11. brenna says:

I’ve loved Season 3 as much as, or more, than Season 2. Can’t wait for Jan. 21!

12. B says:

I like Ray Palmer! I think most of the fans complaining about him ship Felicity and Oliver and dont like the fact that he has become her love interest this season! I’m looking forward to seeing where the writers take this character and the others the character and actor was a smart decision! I don’t know if I like where they are taking the show with Oliver being resurrected by the Lazarus pit!

13. Alison Tabour says:

You have to wonder WHY the EP’s didn’t pay attention to the gold mines that fate threw at them: Sara as Canary and the Felicty/Oliver chemistry.
    Sara/Canary was fantastic.
    You put Oliver and Felicity in a love relationship, or in a bed together, and world peace will happen.
    Roy/Arsenal is terrible.
    Laurel/Black Canary is also terrible.
    Ray Palmer is creepy.
    The Hong Kong story line is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Luis says:

I am hopeful the Hong Kong story line will kick into gear once Oliver returns to the land of the living (obviously, flashbacks will be limited with Oliver MIA)

• Sasha says:

From what I understand we’ll still see Oliver so technically we might still seen Hong Kong.

Also I believe there will be about 5 eps of Oliver not being in Starling.

I hope that’s the max though