GH's Kristen Alderson to Exit

Kristen Alderson Leaving General Hospital

Daytime’s little girl has grown up, and now she’s moving on.

Kristen Alderson, whose 17-year run on ABC soaps began when she was 6 years old, is leaving General Hospital, TVLine has confirmed.

The Emmy winner will tape her final scenes soon, according to Soap Opera Digest, which first reported the departure.

Alderson started her career in 1998 as Starr Manning on One Life to Live, a part she played until the soap’s cancellation in 2012. She reprised the character on General Hospital later that year.

Her stint as Starr ended when Prospect Park, the production company that owned the rights to the OLTL characters after that show left ABC, became entangled in a legal dispute with the network about several characters — including Starr — appearing in Port Charles. So GH had Alderson portray a new character, Kiki Jerome, instead.

Alderson’s co-star and real-life boyfriend Chad Duell tweeted Saturday that the departure “was her decision.”

1. Absolutely nobody cares.

• TinLV says:

You are wrong about that. Kristen Alderson has a lot of fans who do care, having watched her grow up on the soaps. When Prospect Park forced GH to stop using the character of Starr Manning, she was cast as newcomer Kiki Jerome and has done the best she can with that considering the writers never really seemed to know what to do with the character and did a poor job of developing it. I wish her the best of luck and hope to see her in something else soon.

• Matty says:

I absolutely LOVED her on One Life To Live, but her work on GH just was never given a fair chance to develop.

• cdhaskell says:

I must agree with Tin LV about Kristen Alderson didn’t a chance to developed her role on Kiki Jerome. I don’t blame her for wanted to try something else. Good luck to the actress who will play Kiki Jerome.

• torah says:

Speak for yourself, you don’t represent anyone but you.I happen to like Kristen and watched her growp up on OLTL.I wasn’t fond of the KiKi character, but blame that on the writers more than the actress.I wish her the best!

2. I loved her as Starr, hated her as Kiki. I hope she continues to find success.

3. N says:

I’m glad for her!

4. Lana says:

Just a matter of time before Roger Howarth goes too.

5. leeanndemerest says:

1988?!

6. asianblair says:

i didn’t watch her on GH, but she was really good in her younger years as bratty Starr. i did like her with Brandon Buddy, despite Star Crossed Lovers. his exit was sudden and he never resurfaced.

7. Anna says:

Speak for yourself stupid. I know I’m in the minority but I actually liked Kiki and loved Starr so I will be sad to see her go. I wish her success in whatever she chooses to do next!

8. Usedtobecool says:

This must be the answer to the celebrity laundry blind item about the GH actress who desperately wanted out of her contract.

9. Ralph says:

Will miss her. Miss OLTL every day, and even though she was forced by the Propect Park crap to play another part, it was nice to see her on air.

Best of luck to this talented girl I have watched grow up.

10. wrstlgirl says:

Meh, doesn’t really matter, her role as Kiki was mediocre at best. Maybe Kiki and Ava can disappear together.

11. Rania says:

Never watched OLTL and resented the onslaught of their actors on GH. Hopefully, Michael Easton and Roger whathisname who plays Franco, will be gone soon too.

12. Asia says:

I haven’t watched GH since September but I loved Kristen as Starr. I could never understand why the writers refused to give her a good story line as Kiki. Oh well I wish KA the best.

13. Matty says:

Yeah, Kiki was never interesting or fully developed as a character. She can go and nobody will miss her… Now if only she’d take Roger Howarth and Michael Easton with her.

14. Zenobia Jackson says:

Roger Howarth and Michael Easton will both be gone soon as well. The One Life To Live character additions didn’t work and the re-working of the characters was even less successful. That, combined with the poor writing, horrible pacing, and the complete and obvious lack of interest by Easton and Howarth has really hurt the show.

The sad thing is that so many beloved characters were shafted to make this work and the whole show suffered for those character additions along with The Jeromes, Fluke, Nina, Rosalie, etc.

Time for a show runner change.

• Daniel says:

No way is it time for a show runner change. Ron’s kept the show afloat when #GH faced certain cancellation. The mix of old & new characters… Plus mining GH’s past is awesome. The fact that KA wants to move on after so many years is sad but understandable. If she still played Starr… She may still stick around in PC. Maybe not. As far Fluke… he pushed so much story over the past year, whether he was on show or not. You can’t discount that.

• Zenobia Jackson says:

I’m pretty sure RC will be out soon enough…the ratings have declined significantly and the critical beat the show has taken is significant. Last year’s failure to produce any Emmys with so little competition is very telling.

• Matty says:

I agree a new head writer makes sense. I also think its time for Frank Valentini to leave as well. I’d love to see Wendy Riche and Claire Labine back, but I doubt that would ever happen.

15. LJT says:

About 90% of the characters on GH need to go. They need to bring in new writers as well. How many times have we seen Carly and Sonny, as well as the fact that every woman is always the love of Sonny’s life..Lily,Connie, Olivia, Carly. It gets old really quick. The Nina storyline was a bust. Silas is just down right annoying, Rosalie who? they make her out of having this huge secret and we haven’t seen her. She must be hanging out with Sabrina, Felix, Brad, Lucas, TJ,Molly. I know they are all at Audrey Hardy’s house since we haven’t seen her in about 20 years. Please GH revamp your show with better writers!

16. I.R.E. says:

I wonder if that Molly character in GH turned 16 already?

17. James B. West says:

I do hate to see her go. I have watched her grow up on daytime. I remember the day she started on OLTL. she will always be remember as Starr Manning

18. bonnie says:

Happy to see her go she bought nothing to the show and her acting was sub par. Sorry for her fans but happy for the show.

19. Phil says:

Loved her as Star and may be the only one who loved her as Kiki. I was actually hoping for a Michael and Kiki reunion. I don’t care what other people say she and Chad have great chemistry. I do hope they recast the role because it makes no sense for her to leave right now. Too much potential, if the writers wanted to go there! Otherwise they better kill her off. As for Alderson, I wish her luck wherever she goes. If she wants to stay in daytime, I hope she doesn’t do what everyone will expect and go to Y&R; I hope she heads to DAYS instead. Perhaps as a Stephanie Johnson recast, or maybe Paige has a sister or recast Paige! Would love to see her and Kassir Depaiva work together again. Then DAYS could take Roger Howarth who has been written into a corner on GH and cast him as Eve’s ex! Reveal Howarth to be Mike Horton.

• Network says:

Those are good ideas. I was thinking if she lightens her hair, she could come on Days as Belle. Then she could return sans Shawn D which would trigger an actually story about what happened to Shawn and Bo (with Aiden having something to do with. ) the crazy part is when they find Bo it could be none other than Howarth or Easton should one of them decide to leave.

20. With younger kids, choose a time when they’re well-rested and
    not easily frustrated. One can find the recipe of all the variation on meatball on search engines.
    Use the Right Tools Just like a good car mechanic has the proper tools to fix a car,
    make sure your kitchen is stocked with items that will help you create dishes easily and correctly.

21. Few people realize that each one of us uses a simplified version of the scientific method every
    day. With a simple click of the mouse, you can create everything from pancakes to wedding
    cakes. Parents are apt to let their kids enjoy their spare
    time playing online games.

22. If your child has red hair in an A-line cut,
    let her give it to Barbie. So next time, you plan a party outdoors, make
    a sumptuous meal of grilled chicken and enjoy it with your family
    and friends. His extensive knowledge about the cleaning industry
    helps provide excellent service and value to his clients.

23. cdhaskell says:

I am glad that it was her own decision to leave the show. Let be honest that writer didn’t know what to do with her character in the first place. She was Franco’s daughter one episode and the next episode she is Dr. Silas Clay’s daughter. First she was Morgan’s girl-friend/wife and suddenly several episode later she become Michael’s girl friend. I hope that she will get a better role real soon. I wish that her old show OLTL was still on the air.

24. This really comes in handy for those who don’t like to stop shooting for an hour
    just to recharge their non-removable camera battery. I have two pairs and I am still trying to make my mind up.

The new Contour – ROAM seems to have more rounded corners and all
    over it’s a more refined design.

25. Voice over internet protocol transmits your own telephone
    chat over the web as being an electronic digital data file, in spite of sending through regular analogue land-lines.

I hope that in the same way that you are
    doing goodd business, rather than the “Monkey Business”.
    Be aware that it’s always a customer’s right to contact whenever he desires a few
    details pertaining to your products and services, consequently you should bbe
    there to response numerous inquiries and also
    info.

26. gopro hero 2 says:

Pull ups are one of the most popular ways to build the upper body, but, seriously, who has the time.
    The capability to keep uniform muscle stability in the forearms, higher arms, and shoulders stops overuse injuries.
    Recently 11 lives were lost on K2s deceptive slopes, in the most horrible incident since 13 climbers died over a two-week span in 1986.

27. Ivy says:

Good freaking riddance.

28. Becky Maples says:

I hate so much to see her go, I wish she would change her mind, but I wish her luck in whatever she does…I watched her grow up on OLTL and love her on GH…I’m just sad she’s leaving

29. Susan Sander says:

Kristen is a wonderful young actress. I watched her grow up on OLTL and now GH. I will miss her terribly, but she is going to do wonderful things with her life I believe.

30. Neato Botvac says:

Within these, you will also observe you can get a standard robot vacuum cleaner to a fully loaded model that literally takes a bite out
    of house cleaning. In fact, some companies there are a lot of choices, Hong Kong and the Mainland,
    in this respect is quite good. These people have discovered
    that their lifestyles should be attuned with the modern, fast-paced times.

31. she will be missed, she is very talented, she can sing and dance too,, hope she gets the word out where and what she is doing, I am sure she has a good size fan base,,good luck Kristen,

32. Unfortunately, once you start a recording, you can no longer see the live video stream.
    This mounting method is best suited to smaller, more
    streamlined, bullet-style cameras, such as the Drift HD.
    The brand offers a nice selection of shirts, t-shirts, shorts, pants and outerwear constructed
    with latest high performing fabrics for men, women and children.

33. Mahalla says:

This is so sad. I love her character. I started watching GH when Starr, John and Todd moved to GH. Now I’m stuck on it and never miss it. Sad to see her go. Good luck on your new adventure.

34. theresa says:

I wish her well on whatever she does next. She will always be Starr Manning to me. Good luck Kristen.

35. —-My dad is a self-made man from a small suburb of West Newton, Pa.

Completely waterproof, and shock proof this little guy will go anywhere and has a built in laser to
    know exactly where you are shooting. In the world of competitive extreme sports, a large enough fan-base can often prompt a company to sponsor the athlete in question.

• cdhaskell says:

I am sorry that Kristen Alderson is leaving GH but she make both her role come alive. I hope that the story she decide to leave the show on her own and is not being replace by another actress in her role.

36. If you wish to clean places which are difficult of access, robot vacuum cleaner will do this work perfectly.
    Most robotic vacuums can slide easily under furniture such as beds and even some couches
    to thoroughly clean hard to reach areas.
    The manual vacuum cleaner is good but requires high maintenance.

37. Unfortunately, once you start a recording, you can no longer see the live video stream.

Basically, all you need to do is mount it on your surfing board,
    which a fairly easy task and the camera will take captures of all of
    your cool moves and tricks. He is the creator of the ‘The Fin Project’, a photographic journey into the world of surf board
    fins.

38. bmkd.ru says:

Unfortunately, once you start a recording,
    you can no longer see the live video stream.
    When you want minimum vibration, and you don’t need to position it in a strange place,
    this is the best configuration to use. The Drift HD camera itself is a solid action camera and I had no problems with the
    camera itself or the mounts which are all durable and held the
    camera well in all my testing.

39. T.Nelson says:

Good riddance! I was so tired of them shoehorning this girl into scenes just so they could show her. I have hated having to see her long face since the day she stepped unto the canvas of gh!!

40. But since other countries are providing high quality wool also, the term has been broadened
    further. Obviously, you will also want to include food and water as well as sunglasses,
    sun block, first aid kit and camera, and tent and cookware.

Some may be cheaper than others because they’re printed on paper that’s of lower quality.

41. Liz says:

I watched her on OLTL since her beginning as Star and then started watching GH because of her character and the characters of Todd and John. She is so talented and as much as I hate to see her leave GH, I wish her the best in her career and hope to see her again on TV or in the movies.

42. Liz says:

I hope this means she will be returning as Starr Manning once the rights to OLTL characters reverts to ABC in March.

• cdhaskell says:

I hope that she will return as Star Manning if and when ABC get both right to AMC/OLTL in March. I wanted to wish the actress who will replace her on GH all the luck in the world.

43. The availability of 3D printing services is
    growing across the globe. However, if the temperature is below 20 Degree
    F, simply skip the idea of placing concrete because it will lead you nowhere as hydration stops completely at such temperatures.
    The primary objective of this alliance is to overcome the ink-jet printing technology, inkjet printing technology
    first used in flexible character and the solder on the
    board.

44. Sorry to hear that. She is sexy. I’d like to taste that!

45. Alan Jody says:

Not shocked that right after Allison Sweeny left Days and Michelle Stafford left Young and The Restless that Kristen Alderson is next. heck, her original show OLTL has been gone three years or two if you add the ill fated web show. But I must add that in some ratings ploy Sami may return to Days for a short stint like Kristen has been doing.

46. steven hardy says:

GH sucks now and it is should be canceled for good. The storylines are pathetic and TJ and Molly should be throw off the show. The male kissing scenes in bed do little t keep this rubbish around. RIP GH.

47. Afinia has emerged as a leader in desktop 3D printing when named “Best Overall Experience” over 15 manufacturers in Make: Magazine’s “Ultimate Guide to 3D Printing. Today it has been seen that 3D printing is very common as only you have to hit on the computer button after that it sends file to printer that produce small 3D object of plastic. Infrequent numbers of pollution amounts inside really hypersensitive environments will not be sufficient, the moment a modification of contamination amounts is observed it will be too far gone to manipulate this plus the contamination perhaps have extended.

48. Nancy Truax says:

Kristen will be greatly missed. I will always remember her as the spunky, capricious 6-year-old. It’s hard to believe she is 23. At her age I was teaching, and would occasionally get a chance to watch OLTL, my favorite of all the soaps. I think Kristen did a fine job as Kiki … the GH writing has not been on a high level for some time and certainly would not blame Kristen as some have re: her acting on GH. I will always feel as though I know her, just as I felt I knew “Dorian” and “Victoria” all those many years. I think it’s wonderful that Kristen now wants to try other opportunities … and I am sure she will be successful. GH and all the mobsters and the constant repetition of “Sonny” and “Carly” have become SO tedious. Eliminating OLTL was a big mistake. Good Luck, Kristen, and enjoy life to the fullest.

49. storretta says:

i don’t like that the old kiki is being played by some else it’s not the same

50. More and more, teachers are being called on to teach students about values.
    Usually the developers of a game are mentioned so that enthusiasts have some info on the
    company behind the game. On this menu, you will usually find an option to turn subtitles either off or on.