Broadchurch Season 2 Sneak Peek: Joseph Miller Pleads His Case

Broadchurch Season 2

In a courtroom, the words “not guilty” can be cause for immense relief.

Unfortunately, for those grieving in Broadchurch‘s second season, that is not the case.

BBC America has released a clip from Season 2 of the acclaimed crime drama, in which Joe Miller — accused of murdering young Danny Lattimer — pleads his innocence in front of Danny’s family and Detective Alec Hardy (David Tennant).

To say the scene is tense would be putting it very lightly.

Broadchurch Season 2 bows Wednesday, March 4, at 10/9c.

Press PLAY on the video below for a sneak peek at the new season, then hit the comments with your early thoughts.

1. Loved the first episode of season 2, can’t wait to see where it goes.

• Anna says:

Me too, it was really awesome. Tbh my expectations were pretty low after the amazing first season… but this is gonna be good!

2. Columbus says:

This looks great. Cannot wait.

3. Alimckenzie says:

Good reboot but not a gripping series. David tenant too good for this however bored for a few weeks so much better than usual fare in tv

4. Et al says:

I hope BBC America doesn’t mangle these episodes like they did with series 1.

5. montana3 says:

Great teaser…such tension..counting the days! Det. Hardy looks like he is still on the verge of a collapse and poor Ellie. Her reactions get me every time.

6. Drwhofan says:

I love anything David Tennant is in, so I’m sure I will love season 2 as much as I did season 1! Just annoyed Fox cancelled the American version! I thought that was great too!!!

7. Meredith78 says:

Way to spoil things BBCA. Haven’t succumbed to watching the first episode by other means but pals in UK who I begged for first impressions weren’t that impressed unfortunately. I guess by waiting until March at least we’ll know whether it is worthwhile watching. I hope it isn’t as bad as they are saying as I really liked the first series and managed to stay spoiler free but thanks to BBCA’s stupid scheduling, that has already been ruined. (Hope Arthur Darvill and Jonathan Bailey have bigger roles this time. Thought they, Olivia Coleman and Jodie Whittaker were the best actors in the first helping – sorry David, do love you as Doctor Who but just don’t think you are good in this).

8. Ron says:

As of a few months ago, I no longer have BBC America. This obviously is going to cause problems with me watching season 2 (it’s also gonna cause problems when Orphan Black starts again). What is the best way to get access to season 2 without BBCA? (Legally, because I have no problem paying for a great show.)

• DarkDefender says:

I heard about Broadchurch (season 1) way after the fact. I found it on iTunes.. downloaded it episode by episode.. I was hooked and had to see how it all played out. You can probably buy it there.. or on Amazon.

• wgsecretary says:

I bought season 1 on VUDU, which is a Walmart service. You can buy or rent movies, buy TV shows, and stream your UV movie collection, if you have one. I use VUDU because it’s an app on my smart tv and on most streaming devices. I recommend either using VUDU or Amazon if you have a decide that allows streaming because those are the most popular apps and make it easy to watch things right on your TV.

9. Runner says:

Holy crapola. Cannot. even. wait. to. see. this! Excellent acting, show, everything.

10. JUST finished watching the first season this morning. Never saw this one coming. I thought we were all over and done with Mr. Miller.

Shouldn’t think this turn of events will be helpful to Det. Hardy’s heart condition.

Looking forward to seeing how this story plays out.

11. bytemebill says:

The original is so much better than Gracepoint! I am looking forward to Season 2!