Outlander: New Trailer, Photos Preview Action-Packed End of Season 1

Outlander Season 1 Photos

Claire pointing a gun at a Redcoat’s head? Dougal aggressively taking down a candelabra? Randall looking like the big meanie that he is? Jamie putting in some serious between-the-sheets smoldering?

Och aye, this new trailer and set of photos from the back end of Outlander‘s first season has it all.

The bountiful eye candy, released by Starz as the series’ Television Critics Association press tour panel started Friday, illustrates how much the historical drama’s action — in every sense of that word — will pick up when it returns on April 4.

We get glimpses of Geilis (who seems to question Claire’s story); Jamie’s sister, Jenny (!), who’ll play a larger role in the episodes to come; an explosion; a duel; and Claire valiantly asserting, “I won’t give up on Jamie.”

Plus sex. A fair bit o’ sex.

Press PLAY on the video below, then click through the gallery for a smattering of images from the upcoming episodes. (And make sure to check TVLine later this afternoon for a report from the show’s TCA panel.)

1. beadrbop says:

Reblogged this on OutlanderDreaming.

2. 1mars says:

wow, wow, another 3 months, ugh. the most intriguing show on tv today.

3. Kat says:

Gotta say, I never cared for the “you’re tearing my guts out” line in the book. Whether or not it’s actually anachronistic, it *feels* anachronistic. Sam did the best he could though. The next episode has some of my least favorite stuff from the entire series, but once that’s done it’s all uphill. Can’t wait to see more of Jenny, she’s one of my favorites in the books.

• MelindaB says:

My least favorite part of the whole series (well, up through mid-book 5, which is where I admitted defeat) is coming up soon. Well, two least favorites-the circumstances between books one and two were painful for me. I recently got the whole series on Kindle, so should start re-reading.

• Alichat says:

Yeah….the moment at Doonesbury is when I threw the book down. Then I decided that with 8 books, perhaps the person that caused me to throw the book down redeemed themselves……..so I picked it back up. And then was floored with everything that happened toward the end. It’s going to be rough to watch those two uh…..incidents….for lack of a better term.

4. lori says:

Can’t wait and dreading it at the same time

5. Alichat says:

So about 30-40 seconds of the trailer are bits from the first half of the season. I have to say the duel is throwing me off. That’s something new…..and Geillis’ ceremony. I would have liked to have seen Ian…..unless he’s in there and I missed him. ;-)

• tsevca says:

I think it´s the one he talks about in book 2, his first duel. He came home after that. Maybe Jenny brings it up, so he remembers it early?

For me, I don´t understand the scene from the last trailer, I think. Probably Claire jumping to water.

6. Lissa Evans says:

I dont look forward to certain events in the upcoming shows, but I am so so glad its even on tv! I have been engrossed in these books for 5 years. My characters have real faces and voices now. Cant wait for april!!