Minority Report Pilot Ordered at Fox

Minority Report TV Show

Fox has given a pilot order to Minority Report, a drama set 10 years after the events of Tom Cruise’s 2002 film, TVLine has learned.

The pilot will follow one of the three Precogs — humans with precognitive abilities — who could see crimes before they were committed as he attempts to lead a “normal” human life while still experiencing visions of the future. He meets a detective troubled by her past who might help him find a purpose to his ability.

Max Borenstein (Godzilla) will write and executive-produce, alongside Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank.

EP Kevin Falls will also serve as showrunner.

Any dream casting ideas for Minority ReportDrop a comment with all of your thoughts below.

1. Mia says:

They cancelled Almost Human Don’t have much faith in this happening or happening for long.

• Ben says:

I agree. They’d have been better off just bringing Almost Human back. Fox can drive you mad!

• prish says:

Well, just as with Almost Human, Terra Nova, etc., we’d better enjoy what they do get filmed while we’ve got it. I’d rather have a season of so many canceled shows than not have them.

2. Jerry says:

Wow. That description. Uh

3. Et al says:

i look forward to watching the unaired episodes on Hulu.

4. maria says:

Dream casting ideas? How about…someone who doesn’t mind looking for another job when Fox quickly cancels yet another new show.

5. Isobel says:

Max and Charlie Carver? The boys were twins called Arthur and Dashiell, unless the show suggests there were more precogs

6. VelvetBrown says:

Sigh. Fox – “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Idiots. PS Miss you, Almost Human

7. All of you mourning Almost Human, I have two words for you – Alien Nation.

8. krawhitham says:

Fox gave Minority Report a put pilot commitment back in Sept
    hxxp://deadline.com/2014/09/minority-report-series-steven-spielberg-fox-829426/

9. JD says:

Since they canceled Almost Human, I don’t have faith in Fox keeping it around. But, I would love to see Karl Urban back on my screen!

10. jimmy joseph says:

kevin zegers. 100% .

11. johnhelvete says:

Bunch of posts criticizing FOX for cancelling Almost Human or the network in general obscures the real issue IMO. Is it really a good idea to make a TV show based on the film.

12. Charissa29 says:

I usually don’t care about quickly cancelled shows but Fox deserves a cricket bat to its corporate face for canceling Almost Human. Luckily I have no interest in a show with this premise so it can live its five allotted episodes before being yanked, and it couldn’t matter less.

13. cerreno says:

No thanks, Fox should focus on cheaper character and story driven shows not flashy sci fi types that end up being very annoying.

14. Steven says:

I’m looking forward to the half-season Fox will give them very much. Should make for some excellent Sci-Fi…while it lasts. The moment it becomes clear that it isn’t going to be a ratings juggernaut–no matter how good it actually is–they’ll pull the plug.

15. chrisjroof says:

I’m obsessed with this movie so I’m all in regardless.

10 years later means a slightly older cast? I’d say Wentworth Miller. Easy.

16. !. Dont get attached.
    2. Bad, bad, baaaaaaaaad idea. (and I loved the movie, btw)
    3. Just get over your ego and bring Almost Human back, Fox. It would cost less and work more!!!
    4.: Could D.C. launch an Almost Human comic book? I bet it would come back to Fox and never ever get cancelled then…