Girl Meets World Star to Embark on Adventures in Babysitting for Disney

Disney Adventures in Babysitting

Girl Meets World‘s gal pals are in high demand, having each booked leads in new Disney Channel original movies.

Sabrina Carpenter, who plays sassy sidekick Maya on GMW, will front Further Adventures in Babysitting, which is described as “inspired by the hugely popular 1980s film” that starred my teen crush, Elisabeth Shue. As told here, two rival babysitters (played by Carpenter and Sofia Carson, of Disney Channel’s upcoming Descendants) have an adventure in the big city as they race to find a misplaced kid.Rowan_Blanchard

Meanwhile, Rowan Blanchard aka GMW’s titular girl will star in Invisible Sister, a comedy-adventure book adaptation about a teen whose school science project goes quite awry, rendering her popular older sibling (Mighty Med‘s Paris Berelc) invisible.

Both TV-movies will film this spring (during the GMW and Mighty Med hiatuses), with an eye on fall 2015/early 2016 premieres.

1. I love the original Adventures in Babysitting. I think both girls have been cast well. I look forward to their projects and cross my fingers that they aren’t future Lindsays.

• kelly says:

I agree with you :) I think Disney casted well, I think people just have a tendency to hate anything new, but hopefully its good :D

2. Et al says:

Ah, come on Disney! Don’t f**k with the babysitter.

3. Jared says:

Sabrina Carpenter has been everywhere the past few months. If I didnt know any better I would have thought she was the star of Girl Meets World considering how many stand alone appearances shes made on Disney/ABC. She also seems to have gotten the better Disney movie in my opinion.

• T.W.123 says:

Well, she’s definitely the better actress of the two girls. Though perhaps that’s a Girl Meets World/ Boy Meets World tradition as a I would argue that Ryder Strong was a better actor than Ben Savage, especially early on.

• Wendy says:

She definitely the breakout star of the show. I find her the more likable of the two girls.

4. Chris G says:

“that starred my teen crush” – me too

5. Drew says:

Nobody gets out of this article without singing the blues.

6. Elly says:

OMG chill out, lol they didn’t say they we’re remaking fully, they said it’s “LOOSELY BASED” on the flick, which is why it’s not set in Chicago. Remaking the movie won’t effect the original in anyway. We will still have the original, if you don’t want to watch than don’t. It hasn’t even come out yet and people are already knocking it. Let the kids watch it and see if they like it. Geez, times are changing, let things happen before we say crap about it.

7. Somehow, I doubt a Playboy will be part of the plot in this version…

8. Hilary Scott says:

HOLD UP! I though Raven Symone was behind the remake. oh well…………………….