Exclusive

Dallas Season 3: Deleted Scene Proves John Ross a 'Gentleman 'Til the End'

Loading video...

Dallas‘ premature cancellation prevented John Ross Ewing from nabbing that elusive redemption arc, but we think we’ve got something that’ll help.

It’s an exclusive deleted scene off Warner Horizon Television’s Dallas: The Complete Third Season DVD, in stores and on digital shelves Jan. 12, and it features the black sheep of the Ewing family in a much more positive light.

John Ross is even dubbed a “gentleman ’til the end.” How often did you hear someone call him that on the show?

Hit PLAY on the video above, then drop a comment below: How will you choose to remember John Ross?

1. Liza says:

I think John Ross was a gentleman, even though he made some poor choices. This show was awesome and I was devastated by its cancellation! Stupid move, TNT!!!!

2. kn1231 says:

I just wanted a John Ross and Pamela reunion. Them living happily ever after is the biggest thing fans were cheated out of seeing!

• Annie says:

I completely agree! They had a great chemistry and I wanted them to get back together. I would watch another show with them together as a couple. Sad TNT cancelled it.

3. I loved this show. This cancellation stung quite a bit.

4. Frank says:

This show should have never been cancelled. I just watched all 3 seasons on Netflix. I hope Linda Gray is back on TV real soon.

5. Drew says:

TNT sucks.

6. GuessWhat says:

Still cant believe no one picked this show up. Better than a lot of the crap on TV nowadays!

7. Et al says:

Did the creator ever release those 2 season 4 scripts as she said she might?

8. met says:

Still ticked off! Someone please bring this back to cable!!!

9. HRG says:

Nice! Thank you!!

10. Gina says:

I think it’s so Wrong to cancel Dallas It was a Very Good show, But they’ll keep other crappy foolish show on

11. Karin says:

Well that’s all good and well. But where’s the deleted scene of JR & Sue Ellen dancing from the season one BBQ?

All Dallas fans want to see that one, but it is yet to turn up…

12. Patrice says:

I liked John Ross and I liked Dallas. I wish this scene had not been cut from the show. I will remember what a talented actor portrayal of John Ross is to have played him so complicated and yet we could relate to him. I will miss Dallas and wish all the actors well in their future endeavors. I believe they left a part of history in Dallas that will always be important to those of us who followed the show.

13. Greg says:

Here”s to hoping that TNT would do a movie to wrap up everything. TNT has managed to
    delete DALLAS and produce some awful television in its place.

14. tracey says:

only 2 things I want to know ….

1- who fathered Elena’s baby (Christopher, Joaquin or John Ross)
    2- who is JR’s secret daughter .. my money’s on Elena …. we shall see

• SherryB says:

Unfortunately thanks to TNT we won’t have those questions answered..ANd so far no other network will opt on Dallas..Not even CBS, the home to the original Dallas…I just don’t understand why they pass on this good show and put on crap instead..

15. vickie says:

I am still in mourning for my all time favorite tv drama. A show that I have been watching since I was a teen. There will never be another show like it. I can’t understand why it was cancelled.

16. I sure hate the fact that this has been made and all the twists they are heading up… stupid TNT… what the hell! Come on… lets hope Netflix picks this up!

17. Laura says:

I’m angry that Christopher was killed and I’m beyond upset that TNT didn’t pick up season 4. I have deleted the TNT app off my phone and have quit watching that channel completely!

18. Lisa Matagaro says:

Why couldn’t they just have finished the season out instead of leaving us hanging like that n stopping the show aft only a few episodes

19. SherryB says:

I was totally gut kicked when I heard about the cancellation of Dallas..I still don’t understand their thought process and frankly deleted TNT from my channel lineup..They think so little of loyal fans so I treated them the same way..I liked John Ross, he was a good guy who tried to be bad and ended up hurting people he didn’t intend to hurt..I think he did love Pamela..Just sorry the show ended the way it did for all of us who loved it..Just not fair..

20. Adrian says:

Replace the white characters with black characters, move the setting from Dallas to say NY or LA, and change the name to Empire or some such thing and you’ll have a show Fox will broadcast.

21. Michael Allen says:

John Ross was a perfect gentleman to the end just like his dad.

22. Firmin Boon says:

Oh! What i miss Dallas. a part of my life!

23. Beth says:

Why did they cancel Dallas? I cannot believe this bad news. I was waiting for the show to resume, thinking they were just busy making more episodes. Dallas was one of only two TV shows I made the time to watch. It was great— absolutely great– and I hope another network picks it up immediately. CBS, are you listening?

No more TNT for me, unless they have a change of heart about renewing Dallas.

24. Elrond L says:

Thank you for this clip! I’m still beyond furious that TNT screwed us fans with a cliffhanger that will never be resolved, not even with a 2-hour movie. I haven’t watched TNT since the finale — not just out of anger, but also because there’s nothing good left on that clueless network. The great legend of Dallas deserved better, and so did this talented cast (especially Joss Henderson, Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray).

25. Trent Martin says:

TNT SUCKS #SAVEDALLAS2015

26. Neil says:

I have watched every single episode//
    Bring the show back..
    It was just getting good…
    If Larry Hagman was alive this would have never happened…
    He would have bought the rights to the show..

27. Gerri says:

The show will be missed. There is no one else like John Ross on television, except maybe Connor on HTGAWM. Both do great tv sex scenes ;)

28. Maria says:

I will remember John Ross as good guy at heart who desperately tried to follow his dad’s footsteps in business and in doing so kinda lost his perspective on things.But i will always believe that at the end of the day he had REAL love for his mama and his wife pamela.

29. marilyn yon says:

I cant believe Dallas was cancelled This was a great show

30. jeff says:

That ant right tnt for thaking dallas of tv that is the best show

31. christine collins says:

i cant believe it has been cancelled i have watched dallas from day one.A great show which kept you hooked.And the actors and storyline was good.Jose henderson was really good as jr and could of been like larry hagman going on till he was old and grey.A real shame in my eyes that it has been axed.Going to so miss it.x

32. I really love Dallas. I watched the original and I watched the new series. I was very disappointed when I heard it had been cancelled. Please bring it back as it was one of the best shows on tv.

33. Dawna says:

I’m so bummed about the cancellation of Dallas. I love this show and it’s more than irritating that TnT cancelled the show without a proper ending. This was one of my favorite shows!

34. Cocoa123 says:

This was a good show. I dvr’d all the episodes and watched some more than once. For those of us who are loyal Dallas fans from long ago, this show was a welcome pleasant surprise. So to cancel after 2 short seasons, it is really a disappointment. I realize with the passing of JR it would be difficult to overcome, but I thought the story line would include some of the people JR screwed coming back at the family. Bad move TNT, I will not be watching anything on TNT anytime soon

35. carrie a says:

im from wigtownshire scotland and i loved dallas since i was a kid i cant bellieve tnt got rid of one fantastic programe and keep the crap its an insult to the fans i loved john ross they were all great now for ever more were left in limbo wndering what happened please someone make a season 4 we fans deserve nothing less.

36. Connie says:

Don’t understand why cancel? It’s truly a good show and I look forward to each new season. Please don’t cancel, just because TNT soles the want it, put on another. Channel, that’s not fair to the fans.. Please continue the saga..