Exclusive

Last Man on Earth Key Art: Will Forte's Apocalyptic Survivor Seeks Same

If hanging a tear-off flyer is good enough for selling used couches and finding lost pets, it’s good enough for finding a fellow survivor of the apocalypse, right?

That’s the premise put forth in this exclusive key art for Fox’s upcoming single-camera comedy, The Last Man on Earth.

Will Forte (Saturday Night Live) plays the title character, Phil Miller, who mysteriously makes it through an event that wipes out the rest of humanity in the year 2022. Now, he travels North America in an RV, hoping to find other survivors.

The series’ cast also includes January Jones (Mad Men), Kristen Schaal (30 Rock), Mel Rodriguez (Enlisted) and Australian actress Cleopatra Coleman (Step Up Revolution).

The Last Man on Earth debuts with back-to-back episodes on Sunday, March 1, at 9/8c.

Peruse the series’ poster below, then hit the comments: Are you planning to join The Last Man on his trek?

The Last Man on Earth Key Art Poster Will Forte

1. Robby Horine says:

I’d thought this would be something like “Hell comes to Frogtown”, but funny. After hearing this.. I won’t be watching. And I think this show will die a quick and merciful death.

2. Ron says:

If the “event”…”wipes out the rest of humanity”, why are there other cast members?

3. eddie says:

i hate when networks place promising shows behind failing ones. does fox really think that this show will strive behind family guy? this show should really lead off its own night.

• Eric says:

I think placing it behind Family Guy, still one of Fox’s most consistent shows, might be its best bet. It looks to be pretty great, but I don’t know if Will Forte is a big enough name to draw in a large, mainstream crowd, beyond SNL fans or people who actually know who Lord/Miller are and the amazing things that they have created. (Great nod to the creators with the protagonist’s name by the way!) Then again, my point might be moot, since wasn’t Mulaney in that spot? We’ll have to see how things turn out. Hopefully this show’s quality will affect it’s shots at renewal, and not where it’s scheduled.

4. javadude54 says:

Tip #1 for surviving the apocalypse: Don’t step on your eyeglasses.

5. Sheldon W. says:

The extended trailer for his looked pretty good. I’ll at least give it a shot.

6. CGS says:

I feel I have to watch this just to see if they can actually make this premise funny. I like the people behind it but the concept seems very depressing and dramatic. Ha.