Exclusive

Vampire Diaries First Look: Who Will Save Elena in the Winter Premiere?

Elena is desperate to escape Kai’s clutches when The Vampire Diaries returns Jan. 22 (The CW, 8/7c) — but to whom will she turn for help?

OK, confession: We don’t actually know who Elena is (or isn’t) speaking to in this exclusive first-look photo, but we do know quite a bit about the second half of Season 6. Here’s a li’l rundown of what you can expect from the rest of the Vampire Diaries crew in 2015:

* As Caroline attempts to find a supernatural cure for Sheriff Forbes’ cancer, Stefan will attempt to rebuild his shattered relationship with the former Miss Mystic Falls.

* While Bonnie fights to return to the present — she will be back with a “badass” new attitude — Jeremy will make several major life changes, including applying to art school.

* Annie Wersching (24) will join the cast as a “strong, beautiful” woman named Lily.

* Lastly, there there will be a Gemini merger, which means Jo, Kai, Luke and Liv are all in pretty serious danger of not existing anymore. (Is it bad that we’d save Kai first?)

Browse exclusive photos from other returning favorites below, then drop a comment with your hopes for TVD in 2015.

1. Rosie says:

KLAROLINE PLEASE!

• Kristen says:

I know- I miss them too😂. especially since it was a year ago we finally got to see them “together.” I think if there is any hope for a klaroline reunion it will have to be on the originals based on their “goodbye” scene. The originals probably needs the Klaroline fans more than TVD does at least based on the ratings.

• Rosie says:

I couldn’t agree more! I think it would help The Originals tremendously in the ratings department. Now I’m not saying that the Mikaelsons don’t deserve their own show, I love learning about their history, but when you think of all the potential KC, or the Klaus and Stefan dynamic had, it make me wish it never happened. I miss the Originals in Mystic Falls so much!

• Ally Oop says:

No way. I hated the Klaus-Caroline pair-up. Please never have her set foot in New Orleans. The only characters I can stand on VD currently are Stephen, Bonnie, Rick, Liv and Liv’s sister (can’t remember her name right now). I love The Originals the way it is. Klayley all the way.

• Lovely says:

They should just move Caroline to TO..Steroline is just so forced & Caroline is not doing much on TVD anyway

2. Merina says:

Why does somebody always have to be saving Elena? I hate that damsel in distress storyline.

3. marie says:

whats the point of this article? Its a repeat

4. Fx says:

Ugh, save Elena. I ditched TVD after this season. What a crappy show it has become. The Originals is way superior, how ironic.

5. jimmm says:

I want Kai to survive

6. Ally Oop says:

My answer to the question TVline posted in this article’s title: NO ONE. Please please please no one save Elena. Leave her in that place she is in. She is the most annoying whiniest character on VD and the major problem with the show. If she was gone, the various characters can get on with their lives.

7. Lovely says:

All I want to know is when will we get Elena & Damon back together…
    Not looking forward to Steroline, Caroline is such a bore and shes back to her s1 insecure, whiny, selfish nature. There’s nothing natural about Stefan and Caroline together.
    Kai is a breathe of fresh air, finally a worthy villain.

8. A says:

Why can’t Elena save herself? The whole damsel in distress thing is getting really old.

9. josy says:

Watch bonnie save herself because she just that bitch

10. Dani says:

Lease don’t watch the show if all you’re going to do is complain, Elena is the show’s glue, Carlone is the spark we need, Damon is the laughter we all need and Stefan is the charmer. ALL the charac are necessary. Oh and please spell all the characters names properly, if you watched the show then you should know how to spell their names. Bonnie is also needed because she was the one who had all the supernatural beings pass through her and she has continually had to save others so this is her time to save herself and we don’t know but maybe Elena saved herself. So shut the f up complaining.

11. bero89 says:

Yes. Save Kai please !!

12. Denise says:

Nope, stiil nothing here to bake me consider watching again. I check in occasionally to see if the writers have gotten their heads out of Ian’s/Damon’s ass and have stopped writing a show soley based on fan servicing the immature DE fans in the Twitterverse. Nope! I see from the ratings that both of Julie Plec’s shows are tanking – you think she would figure out that she needs good writing and stories and less fan service, but apparantly not.

13. Dayenzo says:

Tvd is one of the few shows that makes you adore all the characters (some more than others).They should make Enzo a long lost Salvatore brother, make a new love triangle Elena and Caroline and Enzo ;-)

14. 1927BugattiGirl says:

How about she saves herself and stops being a ridiculous, narcissistic victim all the time.

15. Guest says:

At this point? I care more about who is going to save Bonnie and if Damon will own it or not regarding their connection. If she must save herself and/or he pretends there’s nothing between them I don’t care enough to see if Caroline finally steals a Salvatore from Elena.

16. I want Caroline to have a real Storyline. I hope that dealing with her mom’s cancer will lead her to have a purpose in life and see her deal with her mom loss. I want her to deal with other personal trauma but if they are using her mom’s cancer to only bring Caroline and Stefan together as a couple then I will hate it. I loved Steroline FRIENDSHIP but as a romantic couple NO I can’t its stupid and akward. I loved watching their scenes but now I can’t because they also reversed caroline development. Season 6 caroline is similar to season 1 caroline and that is unacceptable to me.

I would love to see Caroline to have a storyline that will eventually lead her to New Orleans and run into Klaus. I love Klaroline chemistry and the way the writers have treated the klaroline fandom is dissapointing which has made some fans act out in anger.

I hate Enzo storyline in season 5 all of sudden he jealous of Stefan. It would of made more sense if he was jealous of Damon.

Matt is still useless

Jeremy is still boring

Caroline is annoying in S6 I love her character but she reminds me a bit of S1 but I hope her mom’s cancer will change that but if Steroline romance happens I will HATE I.

Bonnie Storyline is predictable she saves the day then suffers alot then comes back with a new acttituted and repeats the cycle.
    For examples:
    S1- Bonnie(Best friend/witch) helps Elena by getting her grandma to help open tomb for Damon but spells kills grandma she leaves mourn and comes back with a I hate vampires attitude.
    S2- Bonnie helps friends with Katherine, klaus and Elijah she temporally looses her powers but later gets powers back and helps save the day by almost killing Klaus.
    S3- Bonnie helps friends keep Elena safe which eventually will get her mom to be turned into a vampire. She goes distance from elena but comes back to save the day to stop Evil Alaric.
    S4-Bonnie helps Elena deal with becoming a vampire and Jeremy a hunter and get cure she becomes pawn to evil professor and silas which eventually gets jeremy killed and later herself but manages to bring jeremy back to life. She becomes a ghost.
    S5- Bonnie is a ghost suffers because she can see and hear her friends but they can’t except Jeremy but then she becomes the anchor and suffers every supernaturals death then the travelers destroys the other side and she will die but she doesn’t. She gets send to a prison with Damon.
    S6-Bonnie trapped in a prison with Damon. They figure out how to get out but a obsticle prevents both from getting out Bonnie again sacrifices her life and happines by freeing Damon. She then suffers with Kai but he gets out and now she is all alone but she will get out and she will have a new attitude AGAIN.

Elena obssessed with Damon
    Damon obssessed with Elena
    They both will deal with their toxic relationship

Stefan will be again lost in how he should live his live

Kai is a wonderful Villan way better than Travellers or silas/tessa

17. zed says:

Bamon PLEASE!!!!

18. Jessica says:

NO MORE DELENA PLEASE!!

19. Dayenzo says:

Yes !!! Bamon would be great. They should give bamon fans a little tease on what happened with damon and bonnie back in crazy 1994.Something like Damon comforting Bonnie while relaxing in his room.!!Carenzo please happen,Klaus wants to be Caroline’s ‘last’ so let Enzo be her very hot right ‘now’ ;-)

20. JJ says:

Been loving the DE scenes so far this season. Kai’s been an interesting villain aswell. I’m assuming its Liv and Luke that will merge since Luke seems like the most pointless character of the 4. Hope they explore more about the coven in general too.

21. I’m ready to see Delena Please!!!!