Happyland Cancelled by MTV

Happyland Season Finale

After just one season, Happyland is closing its doors and shutting down.

The MTV drama, which followed the exploits — actually, make that sexploits — of the staff of an amusement park has been cancelled, TVLine has confirmed.

Happyland‘s now-series finale found the two main characters, previously thought to be half-siblings, engaging in a scandalous lip-lock, which was quickly discovered by their respective significant others.

TVLine’s Cable Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect the loss.

Are you bummed about Happyland‘s cancellation? Drop a comment with your thoughts on the departed MTV soap below.

1. Rachel says:

Boo! I liked this show and with Awkward coming to an end thought it would continue. But MTV seems to like they’re trashy reality instead…

• alistaircrane says:

You obviously don’t watch Faking It. It’s MTV’s best comedy.

• johnhelvete says:

They also have Finding Carter, which is a very good new drama. Eye Candy seems iffy based on the first 20 minutes posted online. They have several new shows on the horizon as well.

• Ally says:

Finding Carter is a really good show and I still watch Teen Wolf even though the last season was kind of iffy.

• johnhelvete says:

I am an on and off viewer of Teen Wolf, didnt watch it at all last season. Did you watch Happyland? I really liked Bianca Santos as the lead, and her relationship with her mom. Thought the brother of the main character was one of the most interesting characters on the show, with what he did and did not know, and how he tried to orchestrate things. Was not that keen on a few of the actors that played the friends on the show.

• Shontee says:

I love eye candy! And teen Wolf will always be my fav.

• James says:

I agree with You totally…..I Loved the show…..MTV is really going down hill…..

• Arlene Flores says:

It’s sad to find out two of my favorite mtv series (happy land and faking it)are being questioned to be continue and now find out one is cancelled…both series had unique plots and twists that had me guessing what’s gonna happy next…I can’t believe mtv continue series of 16 and pregnant and teen mom but decided to cut off good series without giving them a chance

• marie says:

When I first saw the preview I thought the show was going to he stupid but I saw that Shane harper was in it and I like his acting. So I watched the first episode, I was thinking it was okay and decided to watch episode 2 ,after that I just fell in love and waited every week for it to come on. I’m extremly disappointed that its not coming back. And awkwards ending MTV is really killing me right now. I hope they at least bring another good show to the screen one that will at least be as good as awkward and happyland. (No more Shane Harper or Beau Mirchoff.):(

• Vamp says:

True all they want is STUPID DRAMA… I want teen show please

• Alexis says:

Exactly

• addison says:

I honestly think that mtv has been going down hill now that awkward is ending and all the other shows are being canceled..

• dor says:

agree, first Awkward which was my first MTV crush was cancelled, then Faking It which was ,my second one and now my third….. im really disappointed

2. Mel says:

Too bad. This was the one MTV showed I ever watched.

3. GeoDiva says:

My 17-yr old daughter is bummed.

4. johnhelvete says:

I liked the show but it had low ratings, and MTV clearly did not believe in that much when they decided to air it at 11pm instead of allowing it to air at 1030 after Awkward. Not sure if I was that thrilled with the direction of the show with the final episode anyway, though it was kinda of obvious there was going to be an additional twist to the original incest twist in the pilot.

5. Jaks says:

They have Shannara coming which I hear is gonna be amazing!

6. Courtney says:

Loved this show! Really hope they change their minds it was so good!!!
    Had a great plot !

• Imani says:

Yes I know right they have to change their minds! All them actors were so good! I was lookin forward to some more Happyland…

7. laurenm775 says:

I’m not surprised with the ratings, but I am disappointed. I liked it. At least we still have Faking It.

8. Char says:

I’m not surprised. It really wasn’t very good. Faking it and Finding Carter are much better written and better acted.

9. militantgod says:

It’s ratings were absolutely dreadful. This was to be expected.

10. Rachel says:

I really liked this show, plus it had some good actors. I’m really sad that it got cancelled!

11. dasia says:

I hate when networks cancel a tv series after you get all invested into the show but what’s worse is when they leave you with a cliff hanger then end the show I wouldn’t care that much if they cancelled the show with a proper ending no cliff hangers

12. puck says:

No surprise.

13. chrisssypoo says:

I remember reading how bad the ratings were, but I actually liked the show!! I liked that the lead role was a Hispanic actress, which is something you don’t see too much, even for “young, fresh, progressive” mtv. Oh well…

14. melissa says:

omg seriously another show first slednecks now happy land im so pissed off at mtv… i couldnt of been the only one watching these shows! all mtv cares about is battle of the exes crap and ridiculous come on i used to be a fan of mtv programming and now its gone down the drain by getting rid of all the good shows screw this you have lost a loyal fan mtv good for you! i hope you reconsider but most likely not thanks for nothing.:)

15. It's Me says:

Don’t be sad. We”l have Scream.

Which won’t have Ghostface or anything really related to the films.

Just the share the name. AREN’T YOU EXCITED?

16. beldejournal says:

I started watching this show but quickly got bored. I was quite disappointed as the other shows I watch, Awkward, Faking it and Finding Carter, are all really good. I just think the storyline of this show was a bit iffy and it had nothing that drew me in.

17. Samantha Marie says:

That’s too bad. I really liked this show. Yes it was silly and completely out there, but come on most guilty pleasures are! :(

18. Alexys says:

Ahh !!! Boo happy land was such a show . It sucks cause they left on such a cliffhanger and I would have loved to know what was going to happen next.

19. Casey says:

I cant believe they canceled it im so bummed i loved this show. Felt like it kinda gave the people ensight into what it would be like behind the scenes at a place like disneyland or world. I thought it had good actors and a good plot. Alot better some of mtvs other shows thats been running for 10+ years that they keep trying to reinvent that they need to seriously let go like the real world. Like who actually still watches that same worn out crap. And they need to quit focusing on tying to recreate another reality show i.e slednecks, buckwild that will blow up and go big like jersey shore. Not gonna happen that show was all in the cast. And focus more on real shows like happyland.

20. Samantha Ducey says:

Are you serious right now?! I loved this show so much!! And they just left us hanging pretty much at the season final. Is there anyway that MTV might be able change their mind?

21. giovi126 says:

I am so upset, I loved this show and I’m a 24 year old in a graduate program, not exactly the demographic they were going for, which just shows you just how good this show was! lol. :/

22. Katie says:

Awh man! I was totally looking forward to season 2! MTV shouldn’t cancel it. :(

23. Jenni says:

Why DA heck would you cancel a show come true to me?

24. Kelly says:

One of my favorite TV shows are cut off. I really wanted to see what happened. This is just bogus!

25. Kasey says:

I would honestly like to know why Happyland will not show again. I really enjoyed the series I would watch Awkward then Happyland. I believe there should be another series becuase you left people wanting more and wondering about what’s going to happen next.

26. Eliana says:

I really like the show!!! Don’t shut it down, pleeeeeease

27. ashley says:

Yeah I’m Pretty bummed about happy land being canceled I became addicted to that show was so excited for it

28. dasharia says:

I really liked this show yall should really reconsider because this show was really good and it realm grab your attention I really watch all MTV show except the reality show’s and I didn’t watch teen wolf but yall should keep all yall shows at least give happy land one more chance I really want to know what happened when they walked in on them

29. claire says:

This sucks so much u should appreciate that ppl still watch mtv because aside from awkward happyland faking it and finding carter everything else sucks and u are going to loose alot of views peace out mtv bitches

30. Alena says:

Please don’t cancel!!!!every show I like has been cancelled don’t be another one.

31. Janet says:

Aww i loved this show

32. That’s stupid why would u guys cancel happyland when you guys leave it in a good part you guys are horrible you rather have stupid reality shows why don’t u cancel 16 and pregnant and bring back happyland

• Virginia says:

Honesty I agree take freaking sixteen and pregnant off and bring happy land back I watch what one episode of 16 and pregnant and got bored but then I watched happy land and always got so excited when it came on

33. samantha says:

I’m so bummed right now, I was looking forward to season 2. I wanted to know what was going to happen next!

34. Sidney says:

Why is happyland cancelled?

35. emma says:

OMG NOOO!!!! PLZ DON’T CANCEL THIS SHOW. IT IS BY FAR ONE OF MY FAVOURITES. I WAS ANXIOUSLY WAITING FOR PREMIER OF 2nd SEASON!!!! PLZ RECONSIDER

36. Sara mcdonald says:

I really loved this show. It pulled me in and wrapped me up. It made me want to jump out of my seat, you never really knew what was going to happen. These are all the reasons why I think it’s an amazing show and yea maybe it might not of gotten a lot of viewers but put it out there more and I’m sure you will see a difference in the views over time.

37. Lizzy says:

Bring happy land back!

38. Cynthea says:

That’s horrible!!! I love this show so much, and I’ve been wondering when it’d come back! So I finally looked it up on Google, only to see this!?!? OMG nooooo. It absolutely HAS to come back!

39. Tiffany says:

No! I really enjoyed happyland! It’s so much better to have series then reality TV… Bring it back!!

40. Nyla says:

They shouldn’t have canceled Happyland that was one of my favorite tv show.

41. Virginia says:

Honesty MTV comes up with some really amazing shows like I was so attached to their new series happy land and I just search to see when it aired again then to find out they cancelled it 😭😡 but awkward is another one I like and that’s coming to and end and yea awkward has been on for a while and I get all show must come to and end but MTV NEEDS TO STOP CANCELING SHOWS it really is coming to a point I going to stop watching MTV because I don’t want to watch a freaking one season and then to find out it was canceled I am so angry and mad and disappointed with MTV right now 😤

• Virginia says:

I take that back u can’t blame the producers or the people who created the show. This show may not have gotten a ton of views but I loved that show and so very wish it came back

42. Carol says:

Please bring this show back I loved it so much and many others also did. I’ve been egar to find out when the new season was going to come out to find out it was canceled most of the shows on mtv are pointless but I think this one just needs a little more time so it could get more ratings

43. Tara says:

This stinks I liked it. Sad to hear there won’t be a season 2.

44. Shay says:

It’s super upsetting cause this show was actually good ! The only reason not many people wat he’s it was cause it was aired during awkward and faking it ? But the show itself was AMAZING, I wish mtv would reconsider ):

45. Arianna says:

I loved happyland whu did they cancelled it

46. cant believe that it has been canceled heartbroken. wish that when they decide to cancel a show they would at least make one last episode so that it wasn’t left with such a cliff hanger

47. Amber Allen says:

It was a great show and you can’t just leave it with that big of a cliff hanger. The show still has a lot going on to be cut so soon would be horrific.

48. Ceanna says:

This is bull crap… what the hell is up with MTv? Eye candy sucks,LONG LIVE HAPPYLAND

49. Ceanna says:

I actually liked this show :(

50. Sasha jones says:

I am peed off I loved happy land I would watch it every Triple Crush Tuesday. Thanks a lot now it double crush Tuesday.