Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Recruits Battlestar Galactica's Edward James Olmos

Agents of SHIELD Olmos

Edward James Olmos is poised to frak up Agent Coulson’s world.

As first reported by Marvel.com, the Battlestar Galactica admiral is boarding ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the role of Robert Gonzales, a mysterious character whose arrival promises to have “massive repercussions for Director Coulson and his team.”

In addition to his four-season stint aboard the Galactica, Olmos’ TV credits include Dexter, The West Wing, American Family and Miami Vice.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. resumes its sophomore season on March 3; Olmos will debut sometime that month.

1. Jerri says:

That is frakkin’ AWESOME news! I hope he sticks around for a few episodes

2. Steve F. says:

Everything Edward James Olmos is in turns to gold! So say we all!

3. Tran says:

He was so great on one of my favorite shows of the 1980s: MIAMI VICE.

4. Ben says:

Well frak me, that’s awesome news

5. herman1959 says:

Question: Is AOS set in the 1940s (like Agent Carter) or in the present day? I wondered because some posters were discussing a possible TV crossover, but I’m wondering how that could work if the shows are set in different decades. Thanks.

• Maya says:

AOS is set in present day. The “crossovers” that happened with Peggy have been flashbacks to her as an agent tying into a cases AOS team is working on.

• lizo says:

and technically Peggy is still alive in AoS-timeline (as seen in Winter Soldier). So there’s narrative possibilities in that regard as well.

• herman1959 says:

Thanks for answering my question. It seemed like all of the AOS promos I’ve seen were set in the present day. Even though I enjoy the shows, It just gives me a headache when comic characters start time traveling, coming back to save themselves, etc.

6. lizo says:

oh this is AWESOME.

7. Amy says:

Thanks to HIMYM, I now refer to EJO as Jacob James Olmos…Love him and super happy for him to be on SHIELD.

8. Mike says:

there is a way might make a crossover between AOS Agent Carter possiable Time travel

9. murley says:

From one of my past favorite shows to one of my present favorite shows. This is awesome. Casting for Sheild has been so on point this year! I can’t wait for it to return. At least in the meantime we have agent carter.

10. arial2 says:

YES! And “So say we all!” It should be interesting because EJO doesn’t take a role unless it allows him to be true to his principles. I wonder how he will play this role. Will the role be just for fun or a character with “redeeming social value”? Any show he’s in, I’ll watch. A few years back he guest starred in CSI:NY in a role that sounded like it would be a typical bad-guy gangster, but turned out to be a former “gang” leader out to bring integrity back to a group he’d started just to keep his neighborhood safe. He’s very serious about his craft. And, of course, I miss BSG.

11. James D says:

Frak Yes, Can’t wait for this EJO is an incredible actor who brings a real intesity to any thing he’s involved with. Way to keep topping yourselves AOS. IMO this is without a doubt the most improved show this season and clearly they ain’t done yet.

12. Frakkin’ awesome love the show love EJO!

13. Stevie says:

let’s get frakkin’ james callis too!

14. dancmh says:

I remember being excited when they announced Lucy Lawless last year. They certainly blew that opportunity. I don’t trust them not to do the same here.

15. intodiapers says:

I am happy to see Edward James Olmos in another science fiction saga. And even if it’s 1 episode. I enjoy his unique talent as an actor. He really brings a special something to the genre.