People's Choice Awards: Betty White's Date, Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting's 'Apology' and More Key Moments

People's Choice Awards

The People’s Choice Awards on Wednesday honored the best most popular people and creations in music, movies and television. Now, TVLine is giving out our awards — for the craziest moments of the night.

From Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting’s “apology” (don’t call her a feminist!) to Viola Davis’ kick-ass speech (feel free to call her a feminist!), the two-hour ceremony was an embarrassment of memorable — and, at times, super awkward — riches.

And we wouldn’t choose to have it any other way.

Browse our gallery of the best show moments below, then drop a comment: What was your favorite interaction of the night?

1. Tony Villa says:

Great Event Start to Finish Great Participation and Excitement for Each Presenter. Is there a nine week break between show series?

2. Velocisexual says:

Im afraid to ask, but can someone inform me what “controversial” stuff Kaley Cuoco needs to apologize for?

• Sam says:

She said she doesn’t consider herself a feminist and enjoys looking after and taking care of her husband. She also admits that she has never faced inequality in her life due to the feminists that came before her.
      I don’t think she thought her comments out very well, but I also don’t think it is a big deal.

• Christy says:

The hilarity being that any actual feminist is happy for her because feminism is all about allowing women to make the choices that are right for them regardless of whether it’s a popular notion in society. If she wants to serve her man, that’s great! Whatever floats your boat. :)

• CK says:

I think the controversy is more over the fact that Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting is oblivious to the choice nature of feminism as you stated. The way she answered the question was in a manner that put being a wife and taking the roles that she does at home as being counter to the goals of feminism. It was classic “feminism means you either hate men or want to be a man” nonsense.

• Kait says:

She initially stated she doesn’t consider herself a feminist because “things are different now” and that she likes to take on the role of a “housewife” by cooking for and taking care of her husband in a way that she admittedly called “old-fashioned.” She also added that she never experienced inequality in her search for work.

Not going to state my opinion. She backpedaled a bit later but stuck by her views. I believe it was initially in either Redbook or W.

• Kait says:

She acknowledges that feminists allowed her to have her career, but because she enjoys being a homemaker and never experienced sexism personally she doesn’t consider herself a modern feminist.

• RICH says:

CUTTING HER HAIR

3. Britta Unfiltered says:

Whichever of you lovely writers had the idea to cross out the word “best” and put “most popular” is a genius, and I salute you.

• Cheeto says:

But if that is true, wouldn’t have NCIS won something…ever? lol

• m3rcnate says:

NCIS is popular in middle america, tons of 50 year olds and stuff watching that show….not a crap ton of 15-28 year olds, the people that vote/watch the Peoples Choice Awards.

4. Becca says:

We also had a Cote de Pablo sighting. Pretty exciting for the remaining ncis fans

5. Sally says:

Hahaha. My Big Bang Bad hahaha thats the funniest caption I’ve ever read you should write tv… Jk that’s hella sucky lol check out my blog recounting the best and worst coverage of award shows at who cares dot poop

6. dj says:

HORRIBLE show. Those two ladies did a terrible job. It was the most boring awards show I’ve seen in years. I, usually, enjoy the People’s Choice Awards, but last night was a real yawner.

7. Tran says:

Who knew Iggy Azalea was a huge Parenthood fan?

8. Kim says:

Steve Rogers was just helping a younger woman. He is Captain America and awesome.

9. Gail says:

Chris Evans helping Betty White was my favorite thing of the show. How Sweet:-)

10. KT says:

Chris Evans is awesome. How cute was that? I can’t believe they snubbed Outlander! Not cool. Dave Annabelle is also quite the gentleman. Awww.

11. Lori says:

So happy Outlander won. How can they not put the Outlander stars on stage? They deserved to be up there.

12. Kate says:

I doubt I’ll be watching the PCA’s in the future, or voting. The skits were a total miss, and the entire show could have done without the constant promotion of Mom by the hosts. At least half the categories weren’t even presented, and as shown by when Grey’s Anatomy won for Favorite Drama, it was mentioned that Ellen Pompeo won for Favorite Actress as the cast walked on stage to accept the award. I don’t know about the other people who voted, but if a show or actor/actress wins, I’d like to see them up on stage accepting the award and being able to thank the fans for voting for them. That is the point of the People’s Choice Awards right? to let the fans see their favorites accepting an award that they voted for them to win?
    For Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe to be shown sitting with their award in their seats rather than on stage was one of the biggest mistakes of the PCA’s, amongst other things. The entire show just ended up making me feel annoyed, and that voting was pointless.

13. abz says:

The PCAs were absolutely terrible. I like both of the hosts but they just weren’t funny. The Chuck Lorre shows skit could have been so much better.
    And seriously, do they only invite the people who won the award to the show. There was absolutely NO surprise whatsoever. I called each and every category winner because they were physically at the show.
    Don’t think I’ll bother watching next year.