Exclusive

Home Improvement Reunion: Watch Tim Allen and Patricia Richardson Clash on Last Man Standing

Loading video...

Tim Allen and Patricia Richardson haven’t missed a beat.

Friday’s Last Man Standing (ABC, 8/7c) reunites the former Home Improvement spouses — this time on opposite sides of the fence — and TVLine has an exclusive first look at one of their (many) confrontations.

Don’t worry, though, there are plenty of nods to Allen and Richardson’s former lives as man and wife, including this little jab from Richardson’s tool-enthusiast character: “This reminds me of talking to my husband… you know, if he really let himself go.” (Cold, Jill. Real cold.)

Seriously, if you blur your vision and imagine JTT in the background, this could pass as an episode of Home Improvement. Allen and Richardson’s new fight is just their way of releasing all that pent-up tension from eight seasons of marriage.

Hit PLAY on the preview clip above, then drop a comment with your thoughts on the reunion below.

1. torimelching says:

I always loved Home Improvement, these 2 were great together. May have to check this out.

2. Wow they really haven’t missed a beat!

3. Tran says:

Great to see another Home Improvement reunion of sorts. Did they already booked Debbe Dunning because she hasn’t been seen in years.

4. Diz says:

I can’t wait!

5. Stacy says:

Love Patricia Richardson. Rarely watch this show, but I’ll be watching this episode.

6. Drew says:

I haven’t watched this show since they replaced the older daughter and brought in the annoying deadbeat dad guy… so I really just watched season 1. That said, I’ve been watching Home Improvement on DVD and it’s fun to see this clip.

• Tim says:

Agreed and the dead Dad can be annoying but I just try to think about Tim Allen and what he says along with the rest of the staff filtering out the dead beat Dad and daughter. I can see why you stopped watching but couldn’t..

7. Tim says:

I could not stop laughing at all the reference’s back to home improvement. LOVED Home Improvement and Last Man Standing is just as good!!

8. Nicole says:

I love how the kitchen looks like the one from Home Improvement lol

9. I miss them being husband and wife. I prefer Home Improvement better then last man sanding. But then if they can keep her on the show it would be great.

10. Kim (@AD76) says:

I liked the first season of LMS…. and then they changed it and I found it boring and annoying.

11. Gary Periord says:

These two are great…they still show the chemistry that made Home Improvement work!

12. richard says:

Great to see another Home Improvement reunion of sorts. LOVED Home Improvement and Last Man Standing is just as good!!

13. Gatha Murphy says:

I miss home improvement, and I do watch last man standing. I really enjoyed seeing Patricia Richardson and JTT on last man standing.