The Originals Winter Premiere Photos: Cami Meets Hope, Haylijah Turns Tense

Originals Hayley Elijah

The holidays may be over, but it looks like The Originals still has a few treats in store for fans — especially those of the “Haylijah” variety.

New photos from the Jan. 19 winter premiere (The CW, 8/7c) reveal Hope’s reintroduction into New Orleans society, beginning with a visit from Cami — you know, the girl who blames herself for what she thinks happened to Klaus and Hayley’s baby? This ought to be… awkward.

There’s also a particularly interesting shot of Elijah and Hayley exchanging words in the kitchen, looking pretty uncomfortable. (Gee, I can’t imagine why. It’s not like anything earth-shatteringly huge happened between them last month. Nope, nothing springs to mind.)

Additional photos include Kol and Davina getting their magic on, as well as a nasty confrontation between Aiden and some of the Big Easy’s seedier residents. (Excuse me while I go light a few candles for #Jaiden.)

Browse the new photos below, then drop a comment: What do you “hope” (teehee) to see in the coming weeks?

1. diane says:

can cami the prison groupie just die already! and wtf is that belt klaus is wearing in the last one!

2. elanor says:

yeah klami is not a romantic at all sure and yes lol what is belt! This looks just about has interesting as watching paint dry!

• Pennie says:

Amen! So sick of this trash. I always look despite knowing it will still suck and it just gets worse. I also heard they are killing off Kol, AGAIN! which makes me laugh because what is the point of calling it the originals if its about this stupid baby?! There isn’t going to be any originals left on this show at the rate they are killing them all off. All of these writers are the worst. I will never watch a show from any of them again.What they call artistic integrity, the world calls recycled story lines and to much exposition. If they get a season 3 its because the CW was desperate to fill a slot.

3. Lia Solime says:

Why the hell is Cami there? Didn’t klaus kill his own dad for knowing about Hope? Why did he bring Cami. I don’t care about Haylijah and there nasty ass romance the writers keep forcing down my throat. Get it away from me

• If you don’t like something about a show just ignore it. Ain’t nobody forcing nothing down your throat. The only nasty thing here is your attitude about something you claim not to care about. Get over it already and stop whining.

• Who cares says:

If you don’t like something about a comment just ignore it. Ain’t nobody forcing nothing down your throat. The only nasty thing here is your attitude about something you claim not to care about. Get over it already and stop whining.

• Hope says:

There is nothing nasty about their relationship. At least they were sober. I guess another hater if you dont like it then you dont need to watch it. Should be used to haters by now

4. LAOP says:

All I want to know is when will Klaus find out that Elijah killed Tatina (Elena’s doppelganger and Klaus’ girlfriend). I smell brother ttension right there.

I do not mind the romance of Haylijah at. All. Sue me.

5. Letti says:

I’ve also heard that a sibling will die, and I guess it’s 100% it’s Kol. Why does Plec hate him so much? He’s a huge fan favourite,yet he’ll be killed again. If he dies for good, I’m done with this show. I honestly hope they’ll just kill Kaleb so Kol can return to his body. But anyway, I hate Cami and I find her useless and annoying, I hate body-jumping a.k.a. recasting, I couldn’t care less about Haylijah and while the baby is cute, I don’t want to watch a whole show revolving around her. I used to have such high hopes for this show. :(

6. pebbles51 says:

Can’t wait for this show to return! Finn plans on getting some revenge. I wonder if Esther chose death or to be a vampire! I hope Kaleb and Kol both stay around.

7. Sharon says:

Cami is such a boring useless character…I wish she would go away already.

Love Kol, they better not kill him again! He is an Original, which I thought was the point of the show.

8. Fran says:

Yikes, guess I’m the only one still liking this show. I think the baby storyline is interesting and I don’t mind Cami at all. And while I like Kol, I was never that incredibly crazy about him so him dying again wouldn’t make me stop watching the show (although I DO think it would be a BIG mistake). The only thing I still hate is Rebekkah not being there but since that was Claire Holt’s choice, I have to live with it. Oh well, I’ll still watch and enjoy it.

• Jane says:

No you aren’t the only one. I pretty much agree with everything you said. We’ll just continue watching and enjoying it.

9. Jenna says:

I am sooo confused that one of the Original siblings is about to die and yet the most boring characters imaginable like Hayley, Cami, and the baby are still around after a year and a half of nothing. I also don’t get what the show is doing in general, it’s starting to feel like a hybrid of General Hospital and Modern Family in the worst way possible. When I was picturing a show about the Mikaelson family I was kinda imagining badass vampire family dynamics (WITH THE ACTUAL ORIGINAL ACTORS), not a bunch of people fawning over the baby and obsessing over their romantic entanglements. Also I wonder who’s idea it was to recycle every storyline the Mikaelsons went through on TVD, because honestly I feel like everything they’re throwing out there is something they already did better on TVD. Ugh, I’m just kinda fed up with the recasting and ridiculous storylines.

• Quit complaining then and just cut the show loose if you don’t like the story. It’s not that hard. Man all you haters do is complain you never just move on from a show. Instead you bash it like you have nothing else better to do. It’s annoying. Grow up.

• Letti says:

Anyone has the right to complain. I complain about shows I love (or loved) when they do something that I don’t like. And it’s also awful when shows waste their great potential and do stupid storylines. It’s everyone’s own business if or when they stop watching, and yet everybody can have an opinion about it. If you enjoy it it’s ok, no one told you not to. Complaining has nothing to do with growing up anyway.

• Jenna says:

Ummm I haven’t cut the show loose because I love the Mikaelson characters? Although honestly now that the baby is back full time and seems to be the main focus of the back half of the season I am considering quitting. It’s really nice to see that the shows rabid fans are still dedicating themselves to getting rid of as many viewers as possible though, because that’s exactly what the show needs at this point LOL.

• Hope says:

I agree with everything you say

10. Hope says:

I would like to say I am a Elijah and Haley fan. And I have been a fan since day one. I can understand some people dont like them. They have amazing chemistry and they have been thru so much and they will be seperated again. There is nothing nasty about their relationship they care about one another and they were sober when they were together. If you dont like it dont watch it. And I like Cami and Klaus and I guess that will take its time and Hope is part of the family. And Klaus has done far worse than Elijah. I do agree I dont understand why Cami knows Hope is alive.

11. Justine says:

Am waiting for klaus and michael 2nd meeting…