Ratings: Celeb Apprentice Returns Up, Galavant Has Decent Debut

Galavant Premiere Ratings

People, people.

The Celebrity Apprentice on Sunday night returned to 6.8 million total viewers and a 2.3 demo rating, rising 31 and 35 percent from its previous premiere (circa March 2013) and giving NBC its best non-Globes, non-sports performance in the time slot in two years.

Elsewhere….

ABC | Galavant — which TVLine readers gave an average grade of “B+” — averaged 7.3 mil and 2.0 across its two half-hour airings (7.9 mil/2/1 > 6.8 mil/1.9) , up 28 and 18 percent from Once’s midseason finale. Resurrection (4.1 mil/1.0) was flat, while Revenge (3.9 mil/0.9) dropped 15 and 25 percent.

CBS | Madam Secretary returned to 11.6 mil and a 1.4 (down 11 and 26 percent from its last episode), The Good Wife (10.2 mil/1.3) ticked down one tenth and CSI (8.5 mil/1.2) slipped two tenths. CBS notes that all three shows were even with their last outings not buoyed by NFL overrun.

FOX | Leading out of football, The Simpsons (10.5 mil/4.6), Brooklyn Nine-Nine (6 mil/2.9), Family Guy (5.5 mil/2.8) and Bob’s Burgers (4 mil/1.9) all saw significant gains.

1. Joe says:

I think the writers of The Simpsons were stoned writing that episode last night ( not a good one)

• TL says:

I think viewers were stoned for their continued watching of CELEBRITY APPRENTICE.

• Terry says:

Yeah, I tend to stick up for the latter day Simpsons. Yes, the classic era is long gone, but more often than not, these lesser episodes can still have charm and fun.

But last night’s was BAD. The episode itself even seemed to address it’s own badness (like bad episodes of Family Guy do) which, like on that show, does not excuse the badness. You would have thought they were forced at gunpoint to produce that episode. It may have been Fox execs’ idea for an episode and they were forced to make it – that’s the only excuse I can imagine why they bothered.

2. the girl says:

I spent the break getting into Madam Secretary. Pretty good show! Glad to see the ratings aren’t terrible. Hopefully that means I got into a show that might see a second season.

3. Matt C. says:

Revenge just keeps dropping and dropping. I really wish ABC would announce the show is ending after this season. I wouldn’t mind letting the show go this year as long as the writers have enough notice to come up with a decent conclusion.

• Patrick says:

Agreed. I bailed in S2, and I haven’t read anything online to make me regret my decision. ABC needs to let this one die, this year. And then announce OUAT will end next year. They shows have declined in viewership and quality, and are about to get very expensive. I’m sure that the market for OUAT in syndication will be nice, if not spectacular. But IDK where Revenge will be desired or wanted. Further, the loss of Daniel might really impact viewership.

• The Beach says:

I agree. I liked Season 1 then struggled through Season 2 and finally bailed.

• anne says:

After daniel’s death, I’m fine letting Revenge go. I’ll surely miss Emily and Nolan though. Hope they give the fans a proper ending for sticking around this long.

4. DL says:

So glad FOX shifted Brooklyn Nine-Nine to Sundays. I was worried after the first season’s ratings, but now it looks like the show has real legs. Such a great ensemble cast.

5. Abby says:

Quasi-Celebrity Fake Apprentice is ridiculous. Same viewership as FOX News’ best numbers…which doesn’t surprise me at all. Yeuch.

• LAOP says:

Yup. That is what I am saying. As much as I love the show, it is time for ABC to let Revenge go this season. Please ABC for the cast’s sake and the viewer’s sake.

6. Nick says:

Make fun if you want, but Celebrity apprentice is entertaining as crap!

7. herman1959 says:

I’m sticking with Resurrection, the writers actually know how to come up with new story arcs based on the foundation episodes. You can’t say the same about a lot of shows now.

8. Boiler says:

The fact that The Simpsons and Celebrity Apprentice have higher demos than the Good Wife and Madam Secretary says 2 things. The demo is out of date and the public they are advertising to has absolutely no idea in what is a good TV show. The CBS shows were the 2 most watched shows of the night and you would think they flopped.

9. Bill says:

Wow ABC needs to re-tool Sunday’s next season. OUAT is good at 8 but after that……

10. Sparky77 says:

They really need to end Revenge this season….they beaten this horse to death brought him back and beaten him to death again!! Please put us all out of our misery and give the Producers a chance to write a decent finale