Celebrity Apprentice Recap: Food Fights

Kevin Jonas Gilbert Gottfried

Another two bite the dust!

The Celebrity Apprentice settled into its regular time slot Monday (8/7c), bidding a harsh farewell to a pair of beloved(ish) celebs.

In the first hour, Teams Vortex and Infinity were charged with producing commercials for Neat, a de-cluttering software company — which couldn’t have been more ironic, considering how quickly the competition became a total mess.

But let’s start with the good: The ladies, with Kate Gosselin as their fearless project manager, churned out a solid-if-slightly-limited ad, netting $40K for Gosselin’s charity, Camp Barnabas. (Side note: Is anyone else disappointed that Gosselin’s dig at Brandi Glanville didn’t result in all-out boardroom cat fight? I’m getting impatient over here!)

The guys? Not so successful. Despite the brilliance of Gilbert Gottfried‘s performance in the commercial, the Neat executives believed Vortex’s ad fell short — and the constant bickering between Geraldo Rivera and project manager Kevin Jonas was no help. (Yeah, those two. Again.)

First Celeb Fired: Kevin Jonas

The second hour found both teams designing a “bistro tasting experience” for Luvo’s frozen healthy foods with two very different results.

With a mustachioed Vivica A. Fox leading the ladies — and not accepting Shawn Johnson’s “moon cycle” excuses — Team Infinity easily, though not effortlessly, won the competition. (My only complaint: I would have loved to see Jamie Anderson and Kenya Moore come to fisticuffs. Maybe next time.)

Meanwhile, all of the guys on Team Vortex did a wonderful job — and by “all of the guys,” I mean everyone but Gottfried. Unless, of course, the Luvo executives wanted Iago from Aladdin to squawk at them about getting laid. No surprise here…

Second Celeb Fired: Gilbert Gottfried

So, Apprentice fans: Did Kevin Jonas and Gilbert Gottfried deserve the boot? Drop a comment below with your thoughts on their eliminations. Plus, who are you rooting for now?

1. Wtactualf says:

Kevin didn’t deserve to be fired, Geraldo should’ve been fired instead. Gilbert was the right choice.

• StephP says:

Totally agree. Looks like it will be hard for Geraldo to be Fired.

• Kvivik says:

Gilbert should have gone first…and I mean in yesterday’s show.

• Mike says:

Geraldo is piece of work, he is tracking to be the next male version of Omerosa or however you spell her name!!! He makes the real house wives seem stable.

Jonas was “fired” because he like many others before brought viewers to the show with his name, but is far more famous then the rest of those “celebrities” who have months off and was not going to stick around with his schedule and opportunities. For there last several seasons the ones left had nothing on their schedule.

2. Ironically I’m still not watching this. But I am a big Sig Hansen fan. I am curious to see how far he goes (since this was obviously filmed before any of the big crab fishing seasons). I might watch one episode to sate my curiosity. He’s no stranger to yelling.

3. Boiler says:

Big question is why is this on TV

• Ratings: Celeb Apprentice Returns Up

People, people.

The Celebrity Apprentice on Sunday night returned to 6.8 million total viewers and a 2.3 demo rating, rising 31 and 35 percent from its previous premiere (circa March 2013) and giving NBC its best non-Globes, non-sports performance in the time slot in two years.

4. Babybop says:

Kevin should not have been fired. Geraldo only stayed because he causes drama and is a friend of Trumps.

5. Kevin Ak says:

those were my two favs…. im done watching the show

6. Kastle says:

My opinion is, the producers should have kept Kevin Jonas on the snow; being that he is the only one on the men team willing to give Geraldo a run for his money. If I am correct drama brings rating, just ask Kenya (HWOA) and Brandy(HWOBH).

7. Jill says:

I wish Shawn would have stood up for herself a little more, or that they would have shown her doing so. Vivica was just picking on the young one, I think.

8. Dawn says:

Definitely Kevin! So arragant! Stuck up!

9. Kay says:

The Donald ‘ s comment that he “wanted” to tell Geraldo “You’re fired but I didn’t ” tells me that he has already chosen his winner. Now I can get on with watching more entertaining fare.

10. jen says:

Watching the first episode last night reminded me of why i often dislike Trump. So he fired Kevin Jonas only because he did something to try to show him up (by bringing back Ian t the boardroom)?? IMO Jonas was the strongest member of the men’s team. I was so impressed with how organized he was, and how he led the team (since i did not know him very well prior to the show). Great to get rid of the best person on the team.

Geraldo is not being portrayed well at all. I am shocked at how he is acting and cannot wait until he goes.

I was really enjoying Gilbert a lot. But he really screwed up his presentation. What a shame. He was so enjoyable to watch.

11. Roger says:

After Jonas got fired, I said, I’m done with this show. Geraldo was a complete ass. I’m sorry to see this Hispanic celebrity acting like a pompous spoiled brat. He does not represent our true Hispanic culture.
    Off, obviously the show is based on finding the dirtiest cutthroat apprentice the sore cab create

12. Roger says:

Oh, obviously the show is based on finding the dirtiest cutthroat apprentice the show can create. I guess that’s what true business is about.
    I’m out.

• JJ says:

The only Hispanic thing Geraldo has is his first name. Fox and friends anyone? Trump had already made his decision before any boardroom. He was trying to make Ian tell him to fire Jonas forcefully. I’m glad he didn’t budge. I officially dislike this show now.

13. Tyna SinghRandhawa says:

No – I think Geraldo should have been fired instead of Kevin. I’m rooting for Lorenzo Lamas or Ian Ziering

14. Stan the Man says:

Geraldo looked and acted like a spoiled 5 year old. Hard to watch an adult act this way, never thought he was like this. Not a team player at all unless he’s in charge.Geraldo looked very bad last night and hard to also believe he wasn’t fired. Trump is losing his mind, not as smart as he used to be and really dropped the ball on this one. The men will have a big problem with this guy still on their team

15. Renee says:

I think that none of the Vortex team should have been removed other than Geraldo. I know this is a game however he is trying to be cunning and manipulative Piers Morgen style. However its not coming across that way. Pierse played the game strategically. Geraldo is a self serving, egotistical bastard that thinks he knows everything. I can’t wait until he gets fired and i will never watch the show if he wins!

• Ella says:

I actually really liked Piers on the show. I didn’t like him in anything else, lol, but I liked him on Celebrity Apprentice. As well as strategically, I felt he played the game with integrity. He had his sass and his snark but her never crossed lines that other cast members (cough, Omarosa) did. Geraldo is just a megalomaniacal prick.

16. J W says:

Gerardo needs to go. He’s not current, a pompous bore, and Trump needs to get his head out of Geraldo’s arse.

17. Jim W says:

Geraldo should have been fired! He was a complete ass and a total distraction. It’s obvious that Trump only fires those who aren’t on Fox News or are complete asses! Failure! Not watching this crap anymore! Loved it when Gilbert called Trump ‘Mein Fuhrer!’ I guess that’s why he got fired really. Either that or when he said he believed in climate change. Trump didn’t like that too much! Boo Hoo!!

18. halina says:

GET RID OF KATE GOSSELIN – SHE’S A DUFUS……AND IS NO CELEBRITY, NEVER WAS NEVER WILL BE.

19. Ella says:

I have never been a Jonas fan but Geraldo is Trump’s effing puppet. He was never going to fire him. I wouldn’t be surprised if Geraldo won the whole thing, the pompous, egotistical, megalomaniacal git. Absolutely republican ridiculous. George looked disgusted.

20. I can not believe that Geraldo Riveria didn’t hear the words,”You’re Fired”!!! While Kevin Jonas was project manager he was rude and a cry baby. All he wants is to be the center of attention and is annoying!! I wish the rest of the men good-luck.

21. G says:

Geraldo is a a-hole and deserved fired since the beginning. But Trump loves to see his own personality win the show, so it’s no wonder. I’ve stopped watching after this mockery of a competition

22. GloppyGlue says:

As it is every seen Trump picks who he wants to stay for ratings. Geraldo should have been fired 5 times over. And see, he’s still here.