Ratings: Five-0, Blue Bloods Return Up

CBS’ Hawaii Five-0 this Friday night drew 10.3 million total viewers and a 1.4 demo rating opposite a repeat-filled line-up, rising 17 percent and three tenths from its last 2014 outing.

Blue Bloods in turn did 11.6 mil and a 1.4, up 5 percent and two tenths.

Opening the Eye’s night, Undercover Boss‘ time slot premiere (8.6 mil/1.4) was up from its most recent Friday outing (6.6 mil/1.2 circa March 2014) and what The Amazing Race last did here (5.9 mil/1.2), but down from last Sunday’s controversial episode (9.2 mil/1.8).

Blue Bloods drew Friday’s largest audience, while all three CBS programs tied for the demo win.

1. love says:

Yea so I hope this final round of 5-0 settles steve’s love life. .it’s becoming a drag!

2. Moment says:

None of the CBS shows had competition. Once other shows start returning I expect the numbers to drop accordingly. Probably 1.1-1.3 for Undercover Boss, 1.1-1.2 for Five-O and 1.2-1.4 for Blue Bloods.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Moment, your email was forwarded to me by our tech team (who tried to reply to you directly but the email address you provided was invalid). It appears your “lost” comments were the victim of our Spam/language filter, which we recently needed to ratchet up a notch to fend off a particulalry aggressive, virulent commenter. Measures have been taken to remedy the situation; please contact us (with a valid email, ideally) if issues persist. — Mgmt.

3. Kevin in CT says:

I liked the William Forsythe character, maybe they will bring him back a couple of more times?

4. Ugh… I remember when 5-0 became a trainwreck in season 2. And now it just, keeps, going…

5. Carlos Lee says:

I liked William Forsythe character as well. Anybody remember him as the main villain in Steven Seagal’s “Out for Justice” movie? He was an out of control thug.

• Kevin in CT says:

Oh yes, he was brutal!! He also did a very interesting interpretation of Al Capone in the TV show “the New Untouchables” some years back

6. cookie says:

OMG-GOSH, blue bloods finally pissed me off. I have always loved Tom Selleck’s re as commissioner’s role until last Friday episode. I hated that he asked the new detective to get his father’s confession. Usually Frank finds ways of getting the job done without using underhanded means. But he is informed that his father can’t recall a specific details from 40 year old case, he puts pressure on man’s son to get his man. I wished this had been a carry-over storyline. Because of his interference it proved he’s just like any dirty cop trying to make a bust stick. When he interviewed the man’s son and asked him to wear a wire, just to save his father embarrassing bad memory, It made me angry. He said he can’t order him, but he was ordering him to do it. I don’t think in real life this guy would have ruined his parents marriage. He would have told the commissioner to find another way. This is the first time I have not liked Frank behave, like some desperate cop trying to make his case. I was so pissed, I was yelling at the tv. It just reinforced how cops will use underhanded tactics, this was just wrong.

• Really? says:

So, you are basing a FICTIONAL television show as fact to encompass real life law enforcement and slander law officers everywhere–to “reinforced how cops will use underhanded tactics”. Wow, I suggest you turn off your television set and go out into the real world–you seriously need a reality check. SMDH

7. Rick Katze says:

Liked Blue Bloods. It felt more gritty and realistic. For whatever reason, twice I tried to watch 5-O and it’s still in my recorded program cue. For some reason, this particular show just irritates me.

8. genie says:

Let´s see how it will fare when the competitions come back