Ratings: Bad Judge, A to Z Return Way Down; Big Bang Rerun Tops Quiet Night

A to Z Cancelled

NBC’s Bad Judge and A to Z resumed their one-and-done runs on Thursday night with slashed numbers.

Bad Judge returned to 2.1 million total viewers and a 0.5 demo rating, plunging 45 and 55 percent from its last outing. Similarly, A to Z (1.3 mil/0.4) dropped 48 and 50 percent.

Opening the Peacock’s night, The Biggest Loser (3.5 mil/0.9) slipped 12 percent in audience while steady in the demo.

Broadcast TV’s only other original offering, ABC’s The Taste (2.7 mil/0.7), dipped 13 percent and a tenth.

A Big Bang Theory rerun dominated the repeat-laden night in both total audience (with 8.1 million viewers) and in the demo (scoring a 1.7 rating).

1. Tran says:

A to Z really breaks my heart. Sad world for rom-coms.

2. Kate says:

I personally have been taking advantage of a Christmas gift (Roku stick) and a free trial of Netflix…last weekend was Salem, yesterday was the first season of OINTB and I am just waiting out when it would be best to duck out of work so I can pick up season 2 and also, well, get some cleaning done in my apartment. I put Christmas away yesterday too and, eek, my apartment is actually a mess.

3. ChicagoDan says:

ESPN airing the college playoff last night is the real winner. I’m sure those ratings were quite high.

4. Cory says:

Who assumes that new episodes of something are going to be airing on New Years Day??? I had no idea there’d be anything on yesterday at all so I just watched a movie. Poor A to Z.

• Moment says:

Both shows are dead anyway, NBC are just burning off the episodes at this point, so when it airs doesn’t matter much.

5. Kevin in CT says:

I realize I’m part of a very small minority but I will miss Bad Judge, Kate Walsh was perfect in the part! No disrespect Ms. Walsh but you play the wild girl parts great.

• Network says:

I LOVE it and I’m crushed it’s being cancelled but kind of understand because a lot of the jokes are very specific and probably things only people who work at a courthouse would find funny. Like me.

It should be mentioned that this show brought us the glorious return of Chandler Massey

• ana rz says:

I don’t know how to like your comment or if it possible to do it, so here, I liked your comment :) And yes! Much-missed Chandler Massey returned to our TVs, as charming and gorgeous as always.

6. GuessWhat says:

I didn’t even know they were on. Obviously NBC doesn’t care where or when they burn these off. Who schedules a return on a holiday? Morons, that’s who!

• NJMark says:

In this case, it was smart programming. The shows have already been cancelled, hence burning episodes off during what would be a low-viewership night anyway.

7. dman6015 says:

Gee, let’s see. We’ll take two already canceled shows and put them on New Year’s Day, against college football, and see if there are any ratings. No promos, no viewers NBComcast.