Exclusive

Empire OMG Trailer: 'You're Messing With the Wrong Bitch'

Taraji P. Henson is back, bitches — and from the latest trailer for Empire, the erstwhile Person of Interest star (and Emmy/Oscar nominee) is going to be infinitely quotable in Fox’s new hip-hop drama (premiering Wednesday, Jan. 7 at 9/8c).

Also on the agenda: Furs, cars, guns, music, boxing and a little bit of prayer. (I’ve already set a series recording, ’cause I’m succeptible like that.)

Press PLAY below for our exclusive one-minute preview, then hit the comments with your level of anticipation for Empire.

1. luke says:

this garbage gets cancelled in less than 6 eps… and if it doesn’t there something really is wrong with hollyweird…

2. Kevin B says:

Garbage…. Please this show will be a hit!!!

3. kirads09 says:

Taraji is a force of nature. I would prefer Carter were still alive & on POI, but I understand. Is Cookie (albeit very loosely) based on Kimora Lee Simmons – at all? Just getting that same sense and vibe from her. She will be what makes this show worth watching – I can almost guarantee.

4. Kimm says:

Can’t wait!

5. Temperance says:

I love Taraji, but I don’t think you could pay me enough to watch that.

6. Can’t wait! Taraji brings it in all of her roles! She is a force to be reckoned with! Take that CBS-Sony, Nolan and Tassler and every other studio executive who tried to marginalize her!

7. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

I like Taraji P. Henson, not sure if it will be a hit or miss. Overall good luck to her on this show.

8. t12 says:

She ws awesome on poi, she will be awesome in empire

9. kmw says:

No doubt this show has great actors and the action and music should be great, but we will see how well it does. This is another FOX show that they have put A LOT of money into. It is hard to say a show is garbage before you really see it. FOX really needs to have this show work, they are getting beaten badly this season.

10. I for one don’t think a Black experience is garbage, its a story if you don’t want to watch its not your cup of tea there’s other shows out here but I’m willing to give it a chance before I start hatin’

11. Chameleon says:

LOVE LOVE..LOVE this cast.
    this was a great project to be apart of and see these brilliant entertainers on set in action was Amazing. Get ready to be fully Entertained

12. codepink1908 says:

IT WAS OFF THE CHAIN! TARAJI KILT IT!!!! All the acting and music was great. It won’t appeal to everyone; nothing ever does. There are shows I would never watch. Again, Taraji is killin her role as COOKIE!

13. All the Haters the show was excellent just saying don’t watch there is 500 other channels