Exclusive

American Idol Sneak Peek: Check Out Two Auditions Ahead of Next Week's Season 14 Premiere!

Not yet squeeeeeing about Season 14 of American Idol? How about a couple of exclusive audition videos to whet your appetite?

OK, so one of these tryouts isn’t entirely serious — but if you’ve been in a car with a child under the age of 10 anytime in 2014, chances are you’ll appreciate it.

The second clip, however, finds a WGWG an acoustic troubador putting his spin on Bonnie Raitt’s “I Can’t Make You Love Me.”

Warning: J.Lo uses the dreaded G-word, but still, it’s exciting to have the Original Flavor Reality Singing Competition back in business.

Press PLAY below on both videos, then hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. Alienate says:

I keep telling myself it’s time to call it quits on this show. These two vids make it a tad easier for me to stay away. But I’ll prolly still watch. Damn it!

2. Tran says:

Harry, Keith and J. Lo should give Randy, Paula and Simon a run for their money.

• Timmah says:

How can you even speak of them in the same breath? HKJ are the worst judges ever and are only interested in promoting their own careers.

• Chris says:

*cough cough* Mariah Carey/Nikki Minaj *cough cough* Aside from the originals, these three are the best, and why I tuned in again.

3. vicky says:

I know him! We bought our house from his parents! Go Corey!

4. Judy Hyder says:

Kory is a fine young man and very talented. I know his parents and he was raised right! Go Kory Wheeler!

5. Jeff Marley says:

I’m rooting for r&b powerhouse Loren Sharice Lott and Savion Wright from last season!!!

6. ChellemaBelle says:

If you’re trying to promote the next star, it would probably be a good idea to aim the camera in their direction.

Still want to show unending (and unnecessary) close-ups of the judges? Put it as a feature on the American Idol app. I don’t need 20%+ of the contestant performance time to show me someone else watching them. Save the judge’s reaction for when they are actually talking and hopefully providing some actionable advice. And no, “Goosies” doesn’t count. Seriously, how old are you that you still even try to say that?

7. Fran says:

The Voice has way better singers