Kathy Griffin Joins E's Fashion Police Squad in Arresting First Promo

Fashion Police Kathy Griffin

With awards season right around the corner, E!’s Fashion Police is ready to collar some red carpet outlaws — with newly minted squad member Kathy Griffin leading the charge, as seen in this first promo.

Griffin of course is filling, the best anyone can, the void left by the passing of entertainment icon Joan Rivers, while another newcomer, celebrity stylist Brad Goreski, has replaced George Kotsiopoulos. They join veteran panelists Kelly Osbourne and Giuliana Rancic in time for Fashion Police‘s review of Golden Globes hits and misses, on Monday, Jan. 12.

Do you think Griffin will suffice as a successor to the famously caustic Rivers?

1. amy says:

Can someone please replace Kelly!!

• wyattzblogg says:

That’s funny! But I think she is an educated fashion critic. She’s a good straight man to the headline comedian in the show. I’m not sure the chemistry will work with her and Kathy though like it didwith Joan Rivers. There’s chemistry, however, between Kelly and RuPaul though. I think RuPaul should’ve replaced Joan Rivers. Having a man in the spot and someone distinctly incomparableto Joan Rivers would’ve breathed new life into the show!

• delores says:

Huge ru paul fan and it would have been interesting. Not sure he would be right for straight fashion but would have watched anyway.

• LOL I logged on to make this exact same comment — really missed a great opportunity to overhaul the cast even further and dump the useless, vapid Kelly Osbourne.

Ah well … I’ll still watch an episode here and there. I was not a faithful viewer even when Joan was around.

2. T says:

Grrrr….. George was my favorite – new guy better be good or I don’t know if I can watch. I like Giuliana but Kelly has no real opinion and usually just copied what George said. Unless the person was British and then she liked it no matter what.

3. LADY_in_MD says:

I still don’t get why George left? Or was he let go? I like Brad he was the sun shine to Rachel Zoe’s cloud of rain but I will miss George a lot he was never afraid to go against the ladies and even Joan ugh still not over her not being here anymore it will be a less exciting awards season for me

• HAP says:

George loved Joan and did not want to continue without her.

• TG says:

So sad George won’t be back. No one can replace Joan but KG is the closest comedienne – no holds barred and will say anything. I hope they have a portrait of Joan on set. It would be a nice nod to the woman who we all miss terribly.

• Ian says:

It wasnt a rude thing, he suports the continuation of the show, but he personally jist cant continue. Its a shame because George was part of the chemistry of that group and Joan probably would have given her blessing.
        George is a good replacement though

4. M says:

So not going to watch now with her addition.

5. Dennis says:

LOVE Kathy! Can’t wait to see what she can do!

6. Tran says:

Hope the new and improved Fashion Police is going to flop because of Kathy Griffin replacing the late Joan Rivers. I mean when she appeared on The Price is Right nearly a year ago, she was a huge failure to Drew Carey, the models (when they never stop waving their hands on camera with zero talent) and the contestants (when they break the rules sometimes). We’ll see if Kathy is a poor woman’s Joan Rivers.

7. LDS says:

I think they should have shown some class and cancel it as a show of respect to Joan Rivers. She made that show what it was. But if they had to do a revamped version, Kathy Griffin is the logical choice. Ironic though, since E fired Kathy years ago from doing the red carpet. I’m sure Kathy is laughing all the way to the bank.

8. paul says:

You cannot replace an unusual icon like Joan Rivers and expect a show to be worthy of burning an hour of our precious entertainment time. Who votes that it will be higher ratings than before? Investors like to bet on a winning horse, so what gives in this case? I never liked Joan’s dirty jokes, but just couldn’t help but laugh like crazy anyway. Joan & the chemistry between the other hosts will be sorely missed.

9. BrookeB says:

I miss Joan. No one can replace her. I don’t get why George is gone. I’ll have to wait and see how the new shows are, but Kathy Griffin is kind of annoying. I really don’t think she’ll be very funny even if she has the same writers Joan had- its all in the delivery. UGH. Joan Rivers was awesome and I miss watching Fashion Police every week!

10. Tim says:

I hope George wasn’t let go to snag Brad. I watched Brad on some reality show and he came off as stuck up to me.

11. Steven says:

Love Kathy and I have the biggest crush on Brad who was so funny in the Comeback on Sunday. I’ll be a first time viewer.

12. arial2 says:

The new guy may be good, but I want my George K. back! Kelly’s become a great commentator. Giuliana is often just plain mean when there’s no need for it.

13. kirads09 says:

NOPE. I don’t mind the fashion makeover shows that actually help a real person be more stylish. (Thinking back to How Do I Look and What Not To Wear) But to have these D-lister-s sitting around criticizing other celebs on what they wear. I just have never gotten it. As far as Kathy G goes, being just plain horridly mean spirited and vulgar is a very poor substitute for being truly funny. Joan probably could have taught her that.

14. RUCookie says:

Sad to see George go – I loved that he stood on his own and had a real point of view! If he left on his own accord, then okay, BUT if he left because of E!, then “bad” on them. I love Kathy and feel like she was the only real choice to replace Joan. Not sure if she can replace the lovefest between Joan and her crew, but at least she will be biting and ridiculous. As for the other ladies – I feel like the say the same thing, so either E! didn’t want too much change or someone has “something” on someone over there…

15. I’m skeptical how it’ll work without Rivers, but really she was the only contributor to the show that I thought made it work. Just don’t see anyone as compelling in the current roster.

16. m3rcnate says:

So disappointed. I didn’t want Kathy Griffin to be the one who took over, IMO shes just not the same as Joan. Dont get me wrong im not saying find a Joan clone, i’m saying i think they tried to and got someone who is kinda like Joan but not in the right ways IMO. Joan poked fun and made mean jokes but had this twinkle in her eye, this “its just a joke” aura…Kathy just comes off as crude and loud and sharp tongued because thats her.

And i dont know how i feel about the new guy, I liked George quite a bit….overall it will take me a few episodes of this show before I actually give my real opinion based on experience and if i dont like it, i will stop watching.

• Chloe says:

ITA about the difference between Joan and Kathy.

• paul says:

Wow! You feel exactly like I do about the mean d-lister. I liked George too. It just occurred to me…why didn’t they find a man to take Joan’s place as the comedian? They may have tested them and it came off wrong for a guy to be critical of a woman. Other fashion shows have guys who speak frankly about fashion and it could have been a nice twist. Oh well… Either rebel (like me) or suffer thru a new season of the mean redhead.

• wyattzblogg says:

I think a man would be an interesting choice here, because Joan’s shoes will be tough to fill by Kathy. Kathy is funny but does she know fashion? I don’t think she has the chops for the show and it won’t work. RuPaul would be an amazing replacement. He has the same wit and is wicked fast at the punchlines that take you five times to think through and stop laughing. I think people would’ve tuned in just to see what he was wearing, let alone what he’d say. He also is different enough from Joan Rivers to avoid comparison and has a huge enough Fanbase to bring the numbers.

17. B says:

No George I’m not watching

18. ChrisGa says:

Joan is irreplaceable but I do think Kathy is probably the closest you’ll get to the next best thing so I’m good with it. Not sure about Brad however; I’ll miss George not only for his viewpoints but also for his overall hotness. :)

19. Mary says:

I wish Fashion Police good luck but I can’t even bring myself to give it a chance. Kathy Griffin is like nails on a chalkboard. Do not find her amusing at all.

20. Bernard Lasse says:

Thank God Brad Goreski has finally stopped crying and plotzing every two on-camera moments–but Hon, where do you get off dishing Mrs. Clooney’s blown-dry hair? Yours looked like a three cans of hairspray morning-after-the-baths redo. Someday we will all look back on ourselves barefoot in suits and formal wear and wish we’d invested in a pair of socks.

21. Joolz says:

Kathy is doing a great job! No one can replace Joan, but she’s a welcoming second. Brad is a breath of fresh air compared to George. Giuliana is getting more ballsy on her comments, but Kelly has a sweet tooth that needs to be pulled out.

22. delores says:

Kathy is a real pro. She seemed a little nervous on first show but was more relaxed and herself following oscars. You are the best Kathy stay true to your unique style. Luv

23. T says:

kick her ass off ……………………. YOUR NOT JOAN AND SHE HAD CLASS HANDS DOWN BAR NONE

24. T says:

and am not talking Ms. Griffin ,I must say she is the only person I could see walking this walk in Joan ‘s shoe’s .

25. Stefanie Morgan says:

There is NO one who can replace Joan Rivers. However, Ms. Piggy would do a better job. I sure do miss Ms. Rivers.

26. al lambert says:

I don’t believe anyone believes that the statement that Giuliana made about how a persons hair smelled is racist unless you are a liberal and can’t take criticism so everything is racist. that is the only come back they have. If her hair smelled like pot then she was probably some where that some one was using it so how can that be racist because everyone of all nationality’s uses pot in America.