Agent Carter, Kyle Chandler's Comeback, iZombie and 7 Other New Shows to Get Excited About

Best New Shows Winter 2015

After unveiling more than two dozen shows this fall (for better or for worse), the TV gods have another batch of fresh fare — full of singing knights, monkeys and Kyle Chandler — waiting just around the corner in 2015.

TVLine has been hard at work combing through midseason TV screeners — holidays? psh! — to weed out the best newcomers, from the highly anticipated (such as Marvel’s Agent Carter) to the sleeper surprises (like VH1’s Hindsight).

We were also impressed by Ellie Kemper’s return to the small screen and laughed it up with two ABC comedies. And because we couldn’t contain our anticipation, we also ate up iZombie and thus included the yet-to-be-scheduled CW drama among winter’s most promising offerings. (So let’s get that on the schedule ASAP, please.)

Start flipping to meet your new obsessions and then hit the comments to let us know what you’re excited to watch!

1. wrstlgirl says:

I’ll be checking out Empire, Galavant and IZombie for sure but the one I’m really excited about is 12 Monkeys!!!

2. DarkDefender says:

The Agent Carter preview at SDCC looked promising. I hope the show is as good as it seems it will be.

3. Demi says:

I will try out Bloodline, Fresh off the boat, Marvel’s agent carter and maybe Hindsight because It may fill the Being Erica hole (had to go on YouTube to see snippet of it just because it was mentioned)

4. Tea says:

Galavant, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Agent Carter and will try out 12 Monkeys.

• Dave says:

NBC will not be airing Unbreakable KENDY Schmidt. Netflix has bought exclusive rights to air the show and also has ordered a second season for it

5. alistaircrane says:

I want to like iZombie, but at the same time I resent it because it’s keeping Rob Thomas from working on a Veronica Mars sequel/fourth season. :-/

• Esteban says:

Why, has someone handed him the money for either? Silly to “resent” what no one has the money to make.

• alistaircrane says:

He could easily do another Kickstarter if he wanted. The fans have already proven we’ll pay for more Veronica Mars.

• Abby says:

One film that takes a couple weeks in L.A to shoot is a big difference from the money he would need to lock all those actors down for multiple episodes. He needs to convince a network to air it even though it’ll get a million viewers a night and most networks need more than than… Lots of reasons why there no new Veronica Mars at this time and it’s not at all down to iZombie alone.

• wrstlgirl says:

Some people like to broaden their horizons and move forward with their life and career rather than stay stale in the past.

6. BadZombie says:

iZombie look really great! I’ll be checking out DEFINITELY!

• Delirious says:

I’m quite disappointed with the whole thing, tho… Why call it iZombie and constantly mention its link to the comic, if it has almost nothing in common with it? I mean, yeah, a chick who eats brains and gets the memories. And the title. Other than that, nothing.

Yeah, it might be a cool show, but even before it starts, I’m already meh about it.

• alistaircrane says:

I agree, but iZombie’s comic book creator Chris Roberson doesn’t have a problem with the tv series and views it as the “Earth-2” version of iZombie.

7. Elisabeth says:

I’m excited to check out Hindsight and Agent Carter. Super excited for Schitt’s Creek, airing in CBC in Canada on January 13 and POP (TVGN) in the states. It’s Eugene Levy and Catherine O’Hara. Look’s super funny.

8. Jess says:

I’ll be checking out 12 Monkeys, Bloodline, Empire, Eye Candy, iZombie and Agent Carter. Not sure if Hindsight will air here in Canada or not. If it does then I will try it.

9. Tran says:

I’m so excited for Fresh Off the Boat but Allegiance wasn’t on the list so I’ll be checking that one out which should give a big boost for a Blacklist lead-in. Hope Galavant is going to flop big time (like Glee in medieval times).

10. Eric says:

There are a bunch that I’m looking forward to: Fresh Off The Boat, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Agent Carter, Galavant, iZombie… it’s gonna be a pretty good winter methinks.

11. Joey Padron says:

Excited to watch Agent Carter. I’ll check out 12 Monkeys.

12. The Beach says:

I loved Damages so Bloodline has a lot of appeal for me, plus the great cast.

13. Jared says:

I wish The CW would release a teaser for iZombie or at least a premiere date.

14. BrittBrat says:

I really want to check them all out and see if I’ll stick with them long term.

15. Kalee says:

There’s a Real Housewives version of Jenna Maroney? How is that possible? What is that? Jenna with bangs?

16. bj says:

Bloodline – Kyle Chandler- “nuff said. I’m in. Also Agent Carter. Maybe 12 Monkeys. I’m weary as I saw the movie and if it’s the same twist that’s revealed I’ll be disappointed. I may also try Fresh off the Boat.

17. Letti says:

I’m really looking forward iZombie and Rose McIver is just awesome. I hope the series will be given a chance.

18. Rick Katze says:

Obviously Agent Carter.
    12 Monkeys is problematical since SYFY’s shows tend to be consistently inconsistent. I will check it out but have low expectations at best. Hope I’m wrong.
    IZombie sounds interesting but we shall see.
    Hindsight has an intriguing premise.

19. Fido says:

12 Monkeys, Agent Carter and IZombie are shows I’m in for the duration. Nothing else jumps out for me.

20. Ally Oop says:

My Top 10 New Midseason Shows
    (according to trailers & descriptions)
    Secrets & Lies
    Texas Rising
    Fresh off the Boat
    American Crime
    The Royals
    Empire
    Killjoys
    Agent Carter
    Astronaut’s Wives Club
    Schitt’s Creek

21. herman1959 says:

Agent Carter still sounds so much like Wonder Woman to me (a good thing). I’ll watch.

22. Abby says:

I’ll want to try out:
    – 12 Monkeys
    – Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
    – Hindsight
    – Bloodline
    – Fresh Off the Boat

I am most excited about 12 Monkeys (even though this means Louis can’t hire back Katrina on Suits and keep up the super-awkward animal attraction for each other that grosses them both out) and Kimmy Schmidt, because the combination of Ellie Kemper, Have Krakowski, and Tina Fey is to good to ignore.

Both Galavant and iZombie have elements that intrigue me, but not enough to feel like I haven’t already watched these shows before either on TV or on film. Eating brains to earn memories that solve crimes? Singing about love in a fairytale setting? I’ll skip unless I get word that these shows are way less predictable, and edgier, than they look.

The title of FOB makes me cringe, but the promo I saw looked too good to skip it over that race-baiting title.

23. Kevin says:

If izombie does not get Flash as the lead in for best possible viewership then something is really wrong with the CW