Pretty Little Liars Sneak Peek: Is This Emily and Paige's Last Goodbye?

Pretty Little Liars Paige Emily

Pretty Little Liars‘ winter premiere has an icy chill in store for Emily and Paige’s relationship.

ABC Family on Sunday night released this first look at the Jan. 6 episode (8/7c), which finds the couple preparing to say goodbye, following the drama’s three-month time jump. Despite all the major milestones they’ll miss as a couple — prom and graduation, to name a few — Paige is certain her parents won’t budge on her big move.

“They want me someplace safe,” she tells Emily, proving that not all parents in Rosewood are oblivious to the danger these girls are facing.

Are you bummed about the seemingly inevitable end of Paily, or is a little space exactly what Emily and Paige need? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. JJM says:

I’d say, “finally”, but like every other couple they’ll be back together in about 5 episodes.

2. tamara says:

Please stay gone!!!!! Pleeeeease stay gone Paige.

3. Riana says:

Hopefully they will. Alison can’t be redeemed without Emily.

4. Marco says:

Let’s hope they’re not. They’re the only sane couple (well, 50% of it, and that isn’t Emily) in Rosewood. And seeing Emily basically being manipulated by Alison so she would back her up (because, let’s be clear, that’s what Emison boils down to) is just disgusting.

5. I hope so. Paige is the most boring character on the show and that’s saying something when you have a character like Toby there as well.

6. sarah j says:

I like Paige and Emily.

7. Shane says:

What do u mean…. Won’t we see Graduation or Prom… That’s insane…. We need to see them actually graduate even they have been seniors for the last 3 years…

• Cassandra says:

No, I don’t think that’s what they mean. I think they are referring to Paige’s parents are making her move in the middle of her senior year so Paige will not be in Rosewood for Prom and Graduation. I haven’t seen anything that the show is skipping past those.

8. Alexis says:

Paily has never been a particularly compelling couple for me to watch but since early season 4, their scenes are beyond boring. The story is boring b/c there is no story for them as a couple. I have never thought they were an endgame couple but I was willing to sit through their scenes but I can’t find anything that remotely interests me about this couple anymore. I wish the writers would just end it and let Emily’s story move forward w/out Paige. It’s tv, I’m watching to see a good story, something that draws me in and compels me to stay tuned. This couple and their lack of story does the exact opposite. I hope the writers end this couple for good, enough of the back and forth. Give Emily a new g/f, bring in a new character and give them a story, hell, even Emison with as crazy as Alison seems to be is at least a good story. I’m compelled to watch that story. Paily may be “realistic” for shippers and I get that some queer women identify with Paige. I as a queer woman do not and never have so speaking as a queer adult female viewer, I hope that this is the end for Paily. I want to see a queer girl story on my screen that is interesting to watch and that makes me feel something.