TVLine Items: George Clooney's Full Downton Spoof, Gabba Guests & More

Only Downton Abbey could spin a visit from George Clooney into a nightmare.

The UK’s ITV over the weekend posted both halves of its “Text Santa” charity spoof, in which Lord Grantham discovers what life at the abbey would be like had he never been born — courtesy of a Fabulous angelic tour guide — and it turns out, it would be a lot boozier.

In addition to Clooney, the dual videos — watch Part 1 above, Part 2 below — also include a cameo from Entourage‘s Jeremy Piven.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* ABC Family is re-airing several classic Disney Channel series and movies for a special year-end lineup, beginning Monday, Dec. 29, with a two-hour block of Lizzie McGuire episodes from midnight to 2 am. On Tuesday, that block will be filled with episodes of That’s So Raven; on Wednesday, Even Stevens; on Thursday, The Cheetah Girls; and on Friday, Halloweentown.

* Nick Jr.’s Yo Gabba Gabba! has a slew of celebs lined up to guest-star in its next crop of new episodes, beginning Saturday, Jan. 3, at 1/12c. Guests include Anne Heche (The Legend of Korra), Patton Oswalt (Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), The Roots (The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon), Busy Philipps (Cougartown) and Matthew Gray Gubler (Criminal Minds).

1. James says:

When you say “reviving”, that usually means new episodes

2. Et al says:

Oh dear. If those are classic series, I must be ancient.

3. Hope Nick Jr. has episodes online…

I dislike I have to work Saturdays. I don’t want to miss Matthew Gray Gubler’s episode. Not often you see him outside of Criminal Minds.

• Angela says:

Yeah, it’s always a neat surprise to see him pop up outside of the show (he does movies on the side, too, but so often those are films that don’t get into theaters in places that aren’t big cities, unfortunately). I hope you do get a chance to see the episode-I’d imagine it’ll pop up online somewhere, if not the channel’s site then maybe another place.
      I’ll definitely be on the lookout for that episode. I’ve seen bits of “Yo Gabba Gabba” before and it’s a very…interesting…show, so Matthew being on there should be very amusing and fun :D (I seem to recall he was on there once before, too?).

4. Pia says:

Harry Selfridge at Downton is perfect.

• Jenna says:

I feel the same about Matthew Goode. He seems to be made for Downton and I look forward to seeing him in the Christmas episode. The previews of it look terrific.

5. Eric says:

Oh gosh, how I wish I were American (you’ll never hear those words out of my mouth again). I loved Lizzie, Raven, and Even Stevens as a kid. Here’s to hoping that ABC Spark (the Canadian equivalent of Family) does something similar.

• Carol says:

In reading your post I had to laugh. I’m American and my favorites as a kid was Mr. Dressup and The Friendly Giant. The grass is always greener I suppose – lol

• Angela says:

I loved “Lizzie McGuire” when I was younger, too. May have to check out those reruns. That’s cool that the channel’s giving people a chance to revisit those series.

6. Gail says:

Loved the Downton spoof. Was that the first time we heard Mrs Hughes’s first name, Elsie ?
    Poor Edith. Referred to and seen but I don’t think she said anything. Thomas was great. Loved how he started taking the silver when he heard the family was broke again. Sketch was almost as good as the Downton / Breaking Bad mashup on the Colbert Report a few years ago.