Mysteries of Laura Adds Boardwalk Alum Meg Steedle as Series Regular

Mysteries of Laura Meg Steedle

NBC’s The Mysteries of Laura has added Boardwalk Empire alum Meg Steedle as a series regular, TVLine has confirmed.

Steedle will make her debut in Episode 15 as Francesca “Frankie” Pulaski, a young detective who scored so high on her detective exam that she was initially assigned to headquarters at One Police Plaza — a placement that proved to be underwhelming for her.

When she joins the 2nd Precinct, Frankie’s sunny demeanor and optimism initially gets her pegged as naive and impressionable, though Laura will discover that the noob is using that disposition to conceal a dark secret.

In addition to her Season 3 run as Boardwalk‘s Billie Kent, Steedle’s TV credits include a scene-stealing turn in the NCIS episode “The Admiral’s Daughter” and a recent visit to Grey’s Anatomy.

NBC’s Laura, currently on holiday break, airs Wednesdays at 8/7c.

1. Nice. She was captivating on BE. I wouldn’t watch Mysteries of Laura unless you paid me, but I’m glad she’s got a new gig.

2. Dean says:

The only thing I recognize her from is her episode of NCIS she was the alleged party girl DiNozzo had to babysit.

3. Gwenna says:

I watched the first two episodes…Bored to tears…but always happy to see a talented actor getting work…Doubt she’ll be employed too long in this show as I forecast it to be doomed.

• Moment says:

I could see the show being renewed personally. It has improved the slot massively in terms of viewership, though it does skew a little old. I could see WB reducing the license fee enough for NBC to pick it up for a second season.

• David4 says:

Harry’s Law had a lot of old viewers too and it was (rightfully) canceled. It depends on what NBC has for pilots.

• Moment says:

I can honestly see it stabilizing at around a 1.3/1.4 for the rest of the season once episodes return to a weekly(Non messed about because its the holiday season schedule). It would only be a few tenths behind most of NBCs better performing shows. Remaining stable in what arguably is NBCs death slot could be hugely beneficial.

4. JAO says:

We enjoy the Mysteries of Laura. Debra is delightful. I hope it is renewed !

5. Moria says:

I’m convinced most people who hate on this show haven’t actually watched. I really like it & look forward to new episodes. Unfortunately it’s yet another show given a terrible name. I have no idea what these executives are thinking giving shows awful names that kill shows (Selfie, Cougar Town, etc).

6. Mary says:

I love The Mysteries of Laura, and Meg Steedle is a perfect addition to a great cast!

7. RB says:

My wife and enjoy this show very much but can’t understand the addition of Meg Steedle. Her character takes time away from the other actors and doesn’t seem to add much value. Was the show in need of something that we are both missing that it needed to add her character?

• I agree. I wondered if she was friends with the producer or something along those lines? Her character is so sweet it’s sickening and grating on the nerves. I wince every time she appears.