Outlander Stars Tease 'Epic Battle,' High Stakes for Jamie and Claire

“If you enjoyed the first half of the season, the second half of the season’s a lot darker.”

Outlander fans, you have been warned by Jamie Fraser himself.

In the sneak peek below, Sam Heughan, Caitriona Balfe and more players from the Starz drama preview the second half of Season 1, bowing April 4, 2015 — and it’s not going to be pretty.

“The stakes are going to change, and a lot of the relationships will deepen,” EP Ronald D. Moore hints.

Among the other highlights: Claire and Jack Randall get too close for comfort, Dougal proves his loyalty, Claire is accused of lying — and there’s not nearly enough shirtless Jamie (if we’re being honest).

If you have yet to catch up on the series, fret not: Starz will air the entire first half of Season 1 in a Christmas Day marathon.

Press PLAY on the video below for a sneak peek (then scroll further for a glimpse at Jamie and Claire’s sweet embrace), then hit the comments with your thoughts!

Outlander 2014

1. Winter says:

Still 4 months away! I want to watch it now!

2. christine says:

The wait is killing me!

3. So cannot wait for this show to return.

4. Wo says:

Our Jamie is perfection and I am so glad I have read all the books so the wait, tho killing me, isn’t so bad since I know whats to come. It is beyond words to get to see Jamie and Claire come to life on Starz. Love the books, love the Starz series. If you haven’t read the books do so while you wait for April to arrive. I’m rereading them and no matter how many times I read them, I still find new things to love about them.

• Winter says:

I couldn’t hold out until April so I read the first book into the second now. It’s so good I didn’t sleep for days because I couldn’t put it down. And they aren’t kidding about the second half being darker.

5. SxGG says:

please Jamie keep your shirt on for a while and no more near rapres for Claire for at least another 30 minutes

6. Corinne says:

LOVE OUTLANDER STARZ SERIES, .. and recently read that it may be cancelled from continuing into other books.. THIS WILL BE A TRAVESTY!!!! OUTLANDER SERIES IS THE BEST THING GOING ON TV NOW!!! BAR NONE!! It is Soo authentic and detail, history, and has an impact on fans far reaching to more than just the book fans. Not Gender specific in it’s fan base.. if Starz is sooo short sighted and pedestrian not recognize an amazing epic and the value of continuing this series under their mantle, then I hope another sponsor picks it up and shoves it in Starz face.. a Fan first of the show.. have now become a fan of the books, purchased all 8 and now into book 5 after only 2 months.. DEVOURING all of Diana Gabaldon’s literature.. truly a gift writer and Ronald Moore a Very gifted developer. as all ALL THE CAST AND PRODUCTION TEAM.. This is an Extraordinary Epic Program.. finally something WORTH WAITING FOR !! Even though I am hating the wait.
    Jamie and Claire ( Sam & Caitroina) ARE the characters and when I read, it is only thier faces and voices I hear.

• Winter says:

Wondering where you heard that because by all accounts I’ve seen Starz loves the show. It by far has given them the best buzz of any of their orginals and has been the most watched. Besides which it was renewed for a second season before even the second episode aired.

• Corinne says:

So glad to hear it is a hoax.. I surely hope so.. love Love LOVE the Books too!!! The richness of this read boggles my mind… the details, even the olfactory descriptions…continuously draws on all senses.. puts me right there with them. I sure hope Starz does ALL the books. We Want Years of Outlander, Claire, Jamie et all.

• Lizzie says:

It’s already been renewed for season 2.

7. christine says:

It was a hoax. It isnt in any danger of being cancelled. They are working in Season 2. The show is a hit for Starz

8. sigrid28 says:

To impatient followers of the “Outlander” television series I say, “Don’t stop now!” (Fans of the novels know where THAT quotation comes from!) Starz and Sony should be credited with having made an inspired decision to back Ronald D. Moore’s team that is doing such a great job of bringing to life Diana Gabaldon’s books. A superb production like this one takes time. So stop whining about the haitus. Take up these months with reading the novels. I also recommend Sarah Mesle’s article about “Outlander: Season 1” in the Los Angeles Times Review of Books 9-19-2014, which knocked my socks off (a Christmassy critical term), especially when she pegs the series’ appeal to the perennial fascination with captive narratives. For savory Outlander humor, read the articles published in “Scotland Now,” especially advice to husbands of wives who are besotted by the series. It’s winter time: Curl up with a big Gabaldon book by the fire (or by the Outlander yule log video) and a wee thimble of scotch. You’ll thank me.

9. Diane says:

OMG … If they aren’t dating… they should. What chemistry.

10. Liz says:

CAN’T WAIT!!! April is still 4 months away, darn it!

11. wingal says:

Just started reading the first book, I couldn’t wait to see what happens. So if you can’t wait, pick up the book.

12. TXherbncowgirl says:

The casting on this show is absolute perfection. I caught the first 2 shows before I started reading Diana’s books, so had the characters’ look/sound in mind while reading, and the TV characters match the book’s characters to a tee. Best show on TV right now, and I’m almost embarrassed to admit I’ve watched the episodes multiple times! (also, am “reading” the books via books-on-CD, and the actress who brings the books to life is brilliant!)