Parenthood Creator Jason Katims Confirms Series Finale Airdate, Title

Just when you thought Parenthood‘s farewell season couldn’t get any more emotional, we now know the exact date we’ll say goodbye to the Bravermans.

Creator Jason Katims joined Twitter on Thursday and, in his first-ever tweet, confirmed the series finale will air Thursday, Jan. 29.

Katims also revealed the final episode’s sentimental title: “May God Bless and Keep You Always,” a reference to the first line of Parenthood‘s “Forever Young” theme song, performed by Bob Dylan.

See Katims’ full tweet below:

The NBC drama returns Jan. 8 at 10/9c with the series’ 100th episode.

Parenthood fans, are you ready to say goodbye to the show? Your thoughts on the finale title? Drop ’em in the comments section below.

1. DL says:

I’m not ready to say goodbye! I love the Braverman clan, and at this point feel like I know them. Really hope Zeek doesn’t die (or anyone else, for that matter).

2. Paul says:

I started watching during Kristina’s breastfeeding cancer story. I was hooked ever since. The only real family show with real people dealing with real problems. What every family should be like.

3. Tran says:

The series finale come January 29th is going to be one emotional hour of television viewers will never forget and the Braverman clan always saves the best for last. Really going to miss Parenthood as one of the most groundbreaking dramas on network TV. Hope there’s one more box of Kleenex I need to bring with.

4. AK says:

Parenthood is the best show on TV. It’s so real and true. It’s going to be hard to say goodbye, but like anything in life nothing lasts forever.

5. Joey Padron says:

Good title for series finale. Parenthood such great show. Gonna miss the show a lot. Hope the ending will be good.

6. Jayne Ortiz says:

I love this show. I am going miss the characters. Please don’t end.

Good writing and honest topics.

Most of all family.

Jayne

7. Iakovos says:

NBC gets props from me for nurturing PARENTHOOD for six seasons even if it never generated the ratings and buzz it may have hoped it would. Great cast, great writing, always a fine hour of entertainment. Wish there were more shows like this. Tired of the anti-heroes, procedurals, conspiracies, and high concepts that cannot last more than a few weeks. Way to go, Bravermans!

I hope one of the cable networks will pick up PARENTHOOD for syndication. Doesn’t NBC/Universal have several of those that could make that work?

8. Sarah T. says:

I will miss this show so much and hate to see it end but I am thankful that NBC kept this around as long as they did considering it was more of a critical and fan darling rather than a hit by the numbers. I’m crossing my fingers the finale is a supersized episode of either 90 minutes or 2 hours. I’m a bit bummed that we didn’t get a Christmas episode with the Braverman clan.

A suggestion to NBC/Jason Katims: do a Christmas movie (Back to the Bravermans) next year so we can “check-in” on this family. It worked for the Waltons and in some senses, this is a modern day Walton’s. I think it would do well ratings wise if NBC advertises and places it around Christmastime.

• fangsmcwolf says:

We’re talking about NBC (No Brain Cells) here. The odds of them doing anything to appease the viewers is slim to none. Look at how they left “My Name Is Earl” end with a cliffhanger. They could have done a 13 episode final season or even a two hour TV movie as a final episode. They canceled “Believe” (NBC put it in the worst possible time slot) and “Growing Up Fisher” (which is funnier than “About A Boy”) and for years have been doing that sort of crap. It’s no wonder their shows get low ratings, it’s because people don’t want to invest time in a new show that’s going to get canceled even if it’s good and they like it.

9. Darrel says:

One of the very best shows on tv . I would love for it to go on for years .

10. Holly S. says:

I love the episode title. So appropriate. I hate saying goodbye to the Braverman clan, though. It makes me so sad.

11. sarah j says:

This is one of the best shows on TV and I am sad that it is ending.
    I enjoyed everything about this show.
    Wish it would have gotten a full season but at least it was given the time to wrap up storylines.

12. B says:

Will really miss the show it was the best on t.v. Thank you NBC for 6 years of pleasure waiting for Parenthood night.

13. Debbie says:

I cannot believe that Parenthood is ending. It is the only series that I have watched all of the way through. Every episode Is so well-written and reflects real life challenges and has stayed current. There is nothing else on tv like it. I also wish that it would be picked up by syndication or somewhere else. I just can’t believe I have to say goodbye…

14. Rowens says:

I am so sad this show is going off the air. It is a great show and wish that the network brass fought harder to keep it on. it never got the recognition that it deserved because of all the trash on TV I am so sick of the shows that are on these day. I have not watched any new drama for several years because nothing holds my interest. I don’t know what we will watch over the next couple of years all of our shows are leaving the airways.

There were so many storylines to come with this great cast and I hate that we won’t be able to grow old with them.. Love you Parenthood

15. josie says:

OK, so…I’m still very much in mourning, and stuck in the denial stage over losing “White Collar”, my favorite show ever. So I can’t even begin to think about losing another very good show like “Parenthood.” Although I didn’t watch it that often, I really enjoyed the episodes I did see. Like “White Collar”, there was a very nice “family feel” to it. And the actors were absolutely excellent. Sorry….

16. Ana says:

I absolutely love it! This is one of the best shows I’ve seen in a long time. Real life stories that make me laugh and then 5 min later it will make me cry. Amazing actors and scripts. Brilliantly balanced, I just love it. I could watch it everyday. So sad that it’s coming to an end. Really hard to say goodbye. There is nothing else on tv like it. I love Parenthood.

17. Dee says:

I have watched since day 1. So sad.

18. karen says:

We all know we will die someday however we do not watch TV for a reality check. Parenthood was a rare enjoyable occurance once a week on TV. Please dont make the last memory of this show gloom and doom.

19. Jessica says:

This has been the best show that has come out in a really long time… The best acting crew you paired them up perfectly. I’m so sad to hear that it’s coming to a end.. I really don’t want to say bye to the Bravermans. I hope they all get to work together again because they were great as a team. They really acted like a real family you couldn’t tell they were acting. I really could keep going on bout how much I love this show but I wont.. Bravermans you all will truly be missed. Thank you for such a awesome show..

20. iggy says:

how many chapters they have in season 6?

21. Edna says:

Parenthood is my all time favorite show. It’s so hard to find such a true-to-life and entertaining show today. I will really miss the Braverman family. They were all excellent actors. Would love to see them come back for another season. Please don’t let Zeke die.

22. Tracey Store says:

We are not ready for the show to end. It saddens my heart to see shows like this go off the air. I wish whomever makes decisions would reconsider.

23. Mary Levine says:

Quite simply the most exquisitely written, acted, and directed Drama ever on TV. A stunning, touching, beautiful understanding of life. Thank you NBC for rising above commercial success and presenting the Braverman’s for 6 years. Although we will miss being voyeurs, there is no good bye as they will remain in our hearts forever.

24. Gina says:

NO!!!!! I’m not ready for Parenthood to end :(

25. Erin says:

I hardly ever get to watch tv, let alone a series, and I have been faithful from the beginning….I will truly miss this show. Thank you for such true family values and heartaches wrapped into 6 seasons.

26. Donna Nelson says:

Devastated to lose a real portrayal of family life. Emotional beyond belief. Nothing could or can replace the beautifully crafted emotion. Please don’t go!!!!

27. Deb Sumner says:

I couldn’t agree more with all of the positive and heartfelt comments about this quality multi-generational family show being the best and I too, do not want this show to end. There is nothing else that comes even close to touching viewers in the many ways this show has done so. I wish thank all of those that have made Parenthood possible.

28. Natalie Paradise says:

So sad to have to say goodbye to the Bravermans. I am so mad that these kinda of shows don’t last. I truly will miss my 10:00 pm timeslot.

29. Ann hall says:

I can’t believe parenthood is really going off the air!! This show was always so real-
    Real life problems with families! Yet at the end of the day they all stood up for each other!!! I LOVE it!!! Hope maybe it will return!

30. Nadine says:

I too like others are’nt ready to say Good Bye to the Braverman’s :( love watching it and want to follow them more !!!!!

31. Ann says:

Can’t believe I just watched the last episode of Parenthood. I went through almost an entire box of tissues- because the problems are SOO real and because I hate to lose the show!!!! Love it!

32. carol says:

You hada do it! Grandpa had to die?????
    Great ending except grandpa.

33. Joy,heartache ,being a father,mother,sister,brother,children, all the reality on this incredible true heartfelt, funny,tearful show , I have never seen a tv series with so much true love , family reality and strength .the emotions that this show brought forward is true theater , true film success . I’m left with hope , of love and light,knowing good things are born and all good things move on ,thank you parenthood , thank you to all my family and friends ,

34. Susan says:

I dont want to see this show go! Neithe do my children. We are Going to miss this incredible family show!!! It’s so sad the good shows always go!!

Love the Bravermans what a great family to love watch and grow with!!!

No no Zeek passed away! OMG so sad#!!

35. Cheryl Green says:

I just love Parenthood. I wonder why this wonderful show would end. There is so much more the show can offer. It is crazy that a well thought out show that lots of people can relate to , the
    producer would cancel such a wonderful show. I love all the characters in this show. I have a
    16 year old with autism also. Seeing what the Bravermans go through with Max helps me with
    Ryan. Please ,please, please have the show return!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great shows are hard to find and this show was a great one. If you have any common sense bring back this show. It’s waht the people want. Go Baverman’s !!!! Love all of you and will miss you.

36. Roxie B. says:

I don’t know who told you I was ready for the show to end. I loved Parenthood. This show
    showed so many diverse families and their struggles that it was refreshing to have this type of show on the air when there are so many shows that have the worst language/story lines/ and characters. I wasn’t ready for it to go off the air. And I felt they rushed the ending with Zeek dieing/Max coming out of his shell/Crosby finally going on his own/Adam finding his nitch/and Julia and her husband getting back together and adopting another child and, of course, Sarah getting married. Please bring it back.

37. Realmuto says:

What a show. It will be missed so very much. To the writers, and actors, thank you for showing what family is all about. Thursdays will not be the same.

38. Neicey says:

I was a loyal fan of the show-though an On Demand viewer because Thursday evenings are my worship nights. I wasn’t aware they were struggling with viewer ratings until reading these comments. To my defense, VOD had its purpose!

A show that makes you angry with it’s characters, yelling at your tv & on the other hand crying is a well written show! I was glad to see Amber grow up, she was making me angry at one point. The family presented excellent lessons in forgiveness, love and reconciliation (Julia/Joel)!

I do agree the finale episode was RUSHED! Zeek died, they poured his ashes in the outfield, Max graduated, apparently Amber found love, had a 2nd baby, Crosby’s wife (name : o) has a baby bump and here I was expecting the wedding to be the main event!!!

Thank you for good, believable writing and a good show!!!

39. deb says:

have been putting off watching the finale just watched pissed that they killed off zerk. Not necessary