Ratings: Voice, MasterChef Junior Finish Strong; NCIS: NOLA Hits Series Low

NCIS New Orleans Ratings

NBC’s The Voice wrapped Season 7 on Tuesday night with 12.7 million total viewers and a 3.2 demo rating, surging 13 and 39 percent week-to-week and finishing within a tenth of a point of its previous coronation.

That said, it was the competition’s lowest-rated finale to date, though in total viewers it outdrew Season 6’s closer by 9 percent.

Opening the Peacock’s night, Elf: Buddy’s Musical Christmas premiered to 4.9 mil and a 1.3.

Elsewhere….

CBS | NCIS (17.2 mil/2.3) dipped 8 percent and two tenths (tying a season low), NCIS: New Orleans (14 mil/1.9) slipped 17 percent in the demo to a new series low, and Person of Interest (8.8 mil/1.3) dropped 23 percent (tying its series low).

FOX | MasterChef Junior drew 5.6 mil and a 1.7, ticking up week-to-week and improving on its previous (Friday) season finale by 33 and 13 percent.

ABC | The Disney Prep & Landing telecasts (4.2 mil/1.3, 3.6 mil/1.2) ticked up versus last year.

1. BrittBrat says:

For some reason, NCIS: NO isn’t really holding my attention. I really struggle to pay attention.
    I hate to see Person of Interest tie with their season lows. It really is a great show!

• Kim R says:

I’m having a tough time with NCIS:NO as well. I’m not sure why. Maybe I don’t really care about anyone yet??

• Mark says:

Not a fan of NOLA the RED team was a much better idea

• Jericho says:

Definitely agree here. Honestly, if they really want another spinoff they should go back full circle and return to JAG.

As for ratings… These episodes being new were a total surprise to me. I can only imagine that a lot of other people had assumed that the new episodes of all shows were pretty much over until January.

2. John NYC says:

NCIS’ promos made it look like more or a clipshow than it turned out to be, but I can understand the indifference. With the weaker lead in NOLA was bound to be hurt at least a little.

3. Tran says:

I’m so shocked that NCIS: NOLA hit a series low but it got crushed by The Voice season finale. Guess CBS needs more jambalaya.

4. Moment says:

NCIS NO will be fine and will be renewed. I could see POI moving to Friday or Sunday next season. As odd as it sounds, a triple dose of NCIS with LA on Tuesdays at 10pm could be interesting but I doubt it’d happen.

5. MATT says:

It shows how much better the Voice is currently than what Idol has become. Cant say I even care about the Fox show anymore and have no desire to watch it anymore, and wonder if it will survive past this year

6. ninamags says:

I was lucky i saw my onscreen guide to see it was a new episode of POI. I didn’t know it was going to be new. Maybe many people thought it was re-run.

7. John NYC says:

How has NCIS: NOLA performed YoY versus NCIS: LA for that time slot?

8. Erica says:

This weeks episode of NCIS-NOLA was one of the top 3 of the season. I’ll keep recording it to watch later in the week.

And POI, was a fantastic episode as always. I think people willbe scrambling to watch in time for January.

9. eddie says:

CBS killed POI. the show did so well on thursdays during its first two seasons and plummeted when it got moved to tuesdays at 10:00. a move to tuesdays at 9:00 would have been a much smarter idea. CBS needs to stop airing NCIS spinoffs after NCIS because shows like NCIS:NO and NCIS:LA cant pickup the slack once big daddy is gone. the mentalist was getting almost full retention out of NCIS during the 2008-2009 season and for the next season they moved it to thursdays at 10:00? CBS needs to get wise.

• Moment says:

I disagree. POI was getting close to a 2(Sometimes higher) in the same slot last season. If anything because the story has become heavily serialized and more bleak in nature, viewers have simply stopped watching. Also NCIS LA had fantastic retention out of NCIS, as did NO, so it’s a great idea to air them together.

• Rich Abey says:

You are hitting it pretty close as to why PoI is down in the ratings. The first two seasons, despite having a long-reaching arc, was still very much a procedural in the style of NCIS which is why it had managed to retain so much of the viewers following through (remember it averaging almost 15mil live viewers without adding in DVR figures). Since then..

10. Keep in my ratings folks that many of us dvr. I watch all these shows in my own time schedule. Love them all.