Exclusive

DIG Sneak Peek: USA Network Drama Uncovers Israel's 'Darkest Secrets'

DIG Season 1

You could classify USA Network’s upcoming drama DIG (March 5, 10/9c) as a murder mystery, but you’d barely be scratching the surface.

TVLine has an exclusive first look at a new promo for the series, which finds FBI agent Peter Connelly (Jason Isaacs) stumbling upon “a conspiracy thousands of years in the making that threatens to change the course of history” during an investigation in Jerusalem.

No big, right?

Oh, DIG also stars Anne Heche as Peter’s boss/lover Lynn Monahan, so you can go ahead and add relationship drama to his already-full plate.

Hit PLAY on the new promo below, then drop a comment: Will you be watching DIG this spring?

1. Maryann says:

Will definitely check this one out!

2. After I watched The History Channel’s Bible mini, I came to the conclusion that everything that followed the crucifixion – particularly the resurrection of Jesus – was in truth an elaborate plot concocted by his followers to create the religion that became Christianity. For instance, what Thomas doubted was not that Jesus had come back to life but, but rather that their plan would work (which of course it ultimately did). If a show was to focus on a 2,000 year old conspiracy, that would be a good place to start, though I’m sure it’s not the direction this show will go in.

• Sha'Vonne says:

I’m a Christian and there was a time that I struggled with believing the resurrection. That was until I considered a few things. First, the disciples where present when Jesus was crucified. They watched the torture that Jesus endured and later died from. If anything was a deterrent to call off the “conspiracy” the great possibility of bring tortured like Jesus was one of them. Second, most of, if not all of Jesus’ disciples died gruesome deaths. For instance the Apostle Peter, many years after seeing the resurrected Christ and sharing that good news, was himself crucified for preaching the gospel. And Peter, having such reverence for Jesus Christ, asked to be crucified upside down, not counting himself worthy to die in the same way the Lord did. See, there were no earthly advantages for the disciples to create or continue a conspiracy concerning Christ, when in the end most received horrible persecutions and death. I can understand your doubts and I would even encourage you to read Lee Stroble’s book ‘The case for Christ’, it’s information is very worthwhile. Praying God’s blessing for your life, Sha’Vonne.

3. Jenna says:

Jason Isaacs… :) Most definitely looking forward to this!

4. vicki says:

Just to see Jason Isaacs I would watch this show.

5. Tony Lang says:

You had me up until mentioning Anne Heche. Can’t stand her.

6. Char says:

Jason Isaacs in anything will be worth watching.

7. Helen8 says:

I’ve been waiting to see this series since it was first announced. Bummed that it was postponed, but March is not that far off. (heh, heh) Can’t imagine a better actor than Jason Isaacs in this role. Soon I’ll be seeing him on my TV every week. Merry Christmas to me! Merry Christmas to me!

8. W M L says:

Not into conspiracy theory shows/movies, can’t stand Anne Heche, but I will even put up with those things to see Jason Isaacs do his thing, apparently, since I still want to see it. Best actor currently working/breathing, imho, and I’m actually kind of excited about this series now.

9. Deborah says:

Jason Issacs is reason enough to give this show a chance. He is a phenomenal actor, and has definitely not been seen enough! I have followed him for a long time……and even when he is handed a mediocre show or script, he always rises above it and explodes through!….. But I am questioning exactly where this new show “Dig” is going.
    So many new things out of Hollywood are bent on destroying and/or twisting God based Faiths, and if it turns out to be just another mud throwing piece of fictional crap…..not even the Awesome Jason Issacs can redeem it for me.

10. Kate says:

It is about time that the incredibly amazing actor, Jason Isaacs will be seen in such a deep and meaningful presentation. Being able to see Jason on a weekly basis is worth watching this
    series….he is the BEST imho.
    Thank you USA Network!!