Vikings Season 3 Premiere Date Set

Vikings Ragnar Floki

Attention, all loyal Vikings subjects: King Ragnar’s reign will begin on Thursday, Feb. 19 at 10/9c, the network announced Tuesday.

The 10-episode third season of History’s epic drama will follow the farmer-turned-leader as he navigates his newfound power.

The upcoming installments also will introduce a bunch of new characters, including Kalf, Lagertha’s good-looking second-in-command (played by Ben Robson, Dracula: The Dark Prince); Harbard, a wanderer (played by Kevin Durand, Lost/The Strain) who shows up in Kattagat while most of the town’s men are away raiding; Emperor Charles of France, a fan of the Vikings (played by Lothaire Bluteau, The Tudors); and Princess Gisla, Charles’ beautiful and courageous daughter (played by French actress Morgane Polanski).

Vikings was renewed for a third season in March, four episodes into its sophomore run.

1. Jose says:

Finally!!!

2. Ally Oop says:

Can’t wait to see what happens next. I hope Aslaug bites the dust this season as she really annoys me.

3. Ari says:

They were going to air season 3 in the fall of 2015, but I guess they realized that was an asinine decision. The series is great, both in dialogue and in its authentic fight scenes.

4. lechatnoir says:

Dang! so soon ? I ain’t thru season 1 yet. Time sure flies.

• catNhouston says:

I did a binge watch of both seasons. Just set aside about 5 to 6 hours at a time and get through it if you can. haha

5. Alex Mindev says:

Looking forward to Vikings S3! One of the best shows all around, doesn’t get a lot of press and fan fair (could it be the channel it’s on:)…and anyone that misses Charlie H. from SoA on their small screen should check out his evil twin brother Travis F. on Vikings!

• Ginger Bell says:

This show is fantastic!! The actors are amazingly talented and the “sets” and locations are wonderful! They make you feel like you’re there! I for one am so excited for this great series to return.

6. John Jacob says:

If you haven’t checked out this show you…YOU NEED TO. When you watch it the first thing to come to mind will be: “I can’t believe this is a show aired on the History channel”. It’s so above and beyond anything you’ve seen before on a channel like this. EXCELLENT and fast paced show

7. RUCookie says:

Here’s hopinG Lagertha stays put and continues to kick vicking bootie! S2 had a huge hole in it when she left Ragna (for good reason)!

8. Rob Smith says:

The last episode of season 2 had us all worried and guessing. All I know is that Vikings rocks and Lagertha is sooo hott!!

9. Ginger Bell says:

10. I LOVE LOVEE LOVE this show.. But , Seriously?? 10 Episodes is not enough..True Blood did the same thing and It always pissed me off.. We have to wait aprox a year to see 10 shows instead of the usual 18 episodes per season.. I LOVE this show, and hate the fact that Its almost forgotten by the time it comes back on.

11. Susan Clark says:

I love this show! Good job History Channel for acquiring such a gem of a show!
    Most of the characters are intense and I love that! Please keep them coming!

12. Sean gill says:

Yeeesssssss so happy to see a third series being released :-)

13. ajan says:

ohh.. can’t wait ill 19th

14. Suki says:

I can’t believe the Vikings was moved from Sunday. Now that football is over, that was the perfect night for it. Messed up a good thing :(

15. Jillian says:

Teresa … 100% agree that 10 episodes is NOT enough! It seems to be the new thing with many popular shows now. But still an amazing show! I don’t mind it being on the history channel because you won’t have any interruptions like other popular channels and having to pay more for the channel either.

• i agree that the Channel makes no difference, Though it seems nore like a HBO, Starz, or Max kinda of show.. But maybe the budget is better on this Network. All I care about is that the season is OVER just when its started.. It should be a 14-18 show season. That still gives them Plenty of time to regroup, take some leisure time off.. Write scripts and shoot them.

16. catherine says:

Can hardly wait for the opening of the next season. One of the best TV shows ever, and it’s in History channel. More power to History Channel … finally you have a show worthy of your name. Thank you. Love you all!!

17. Drew says:

Can’t wait! My wife wondered why I liked this show till she watched it…now she’s hooked too! Lagertha! 😳 She’s so awesome!

18. Drew says:

Oh…and the opening score gets me pumped! “Give me more give me more give me more”! My thoughts exactly History Channel! Give us more!

19. Ryan says:

Can we give this series the credit it deserves!!! This show is unbelievable !!!!

20. Pattreker says:

This show is totally awesome. We need more shows about warrior people and strong people who will fight to the death for loved ones and their beliefs. Get away from sappy crappy shows and teach people how to stand and fight and be strong people, even in today’s world.

21. Eric says:

Vikings, season 3, will be epic. Someone will die, someone will fall in love, and someone will become more powerful than ever before. This series is based on historical mythology and and historic fact. Can’t get enough!

22. This show is sooooo addictive…..most def one of my favs…..and i agree with you ally…i hope aslaug bites the dust to…diddn’t like her from the very start.

23. Debbie Smith says:

I really love the show, Vikings. The historical series has had me hooked since the first episode.
    I hope it will continue for many years.

24. Brian says:

Awesome show for

25. nikki says:

When is the season starting