ABC Family Orders Teen Addiction Drama Recovery Road to Series

ABC Family logo

ABC Family junkies, prepare for your next major addiction — wildly inappropriate puns intended.

The network on Tuesday announced a series order for Recovery Road, an hour-long drama about Maddie, a teen party girl who’s suddenly faced with a life-changing ultimatum: rehab or expulsion. But how long can she keep her new digs — a rehab facility amongst other addicts — a secret from the other kids at school?

Written by Bert V. Royal (Easy A) and Karen DiConcetto (Ruby & the Rockits), Recovery Road is based on Blake Nelson’s novel of the same title.

No casting or scheduling information is available at this time.

Will you be heading down Recovery RoadDrop a comment with your thoughts (on the show, not my tasteless language) below.

1. Et al says:

There’s no point in watching any abc family show until it’s been renewed for at least a second season (unless you’re a Neilsen viewer). They’re the most cancel-happy network on television.

• Juniper says:

No they aren’t. Alot of times they’ll give a show 2 seasons when it was crap from the start. Examples The Lying Game.

I’ll watch if Sam Logan is still the lead

2. johnhelvete says:

The book is great. Sucks if they recast Samantha Logan as the lead, not that familiar with her as an actress but I did see her episode on the Fosters and was hoping she would be the 2015 Italia Ricci when the show premieres.

3. Laura says:

I feel like this could either be wonderful and horrible for the young recovery community…only time will tell I guess!

4. Jess says:

Sounds interesting. will definitely check it out.

5. bri says:

it sounds interesting.. i already enjoy the other shows so another one to the list is awesome.. i would really be excited if you all picked “Ravenswood” back up for a second season.. I loved that show

6. It is ABC family. at least ill watch the pilot, and then decide

7. Connie Klenke says:

I am so excited that Recovery Road has been picked up! I am a retired teacher and this plot sounds so interesting! Think I’ll read the book over the Holidays!