Exclusive

Galavant Enlists Gilmore Girls Vet to Rock Musical's Soundtrack

Sebastian Bach Galavant

Galavant, are you ready to rock?!

Skid Row lead singer Sebastian Bach — who played Lane’s bandmate, Gil, on Gilmore Girls — will lend his rock ‘n’ roll cred to ABC’s upcoming musical comedy, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Bach’s song will be heard in Episode 2, which airs in the second half-hour of the series’ premiere on Jan. 4 at 8/7c. The tune, featuring Bach’s vocals, will play during a sequence in which Galavant (played by Rogue‘s Joshua Sasse) trains to joust Sir Jean Hamm (guest star John Stamos, Full House).

The eight-episode series, which will air back-to-back episodes for four Sundays, tells the story of a dashing knight who fights — and sings — to reclaim his happily ever after from the evil King Richard (Psych‘s Timothy Omundson)

1. Et al says:

I’m surprised abc allowed this story considering how hard they’re trying to hide from the public that this is a musical. They should be proud this “comedy extravaganza” contains songs from the amazing Alan Menken.

2. Carla Krae says:

Second *half* hour. Each ep is 30 minutes.

3. Moment says:

I really hope this show does well, I think it looks funny. If it can get through its 8 episodes with mid 1s I would be confident of renewal. But part of me thinks this will flop pretty badly and I’ll be disappointed when its canceled lol.

4. Lyn says:

Thank heaven they got SB and not Bret Michaels! This show reminds me of Mel Brooks’ old sitcom When Things Were Rotten. Can’t wait!

5. christine says:

This sounds awful

6. AnnieM says:

Really looking forward to this show. Looks like fun.

7. Wordsmith says:

I love that Stamos’ character is named Jean Hamm (no doubt pronounced in the French manner)

8. Hannah says:

This sounds fun! I think more networks should do one-off series. Something that wraps up after one season. Kind of like an extended movie. Then we don’t always have to worry about new shows being renewed.

9. Jennifer says:

This is either going to fabulous (I’m thinking a cross between Mel Brooks/Men in Tights and Monty Python/Spamalot) or so SO horrible. There isn’t going to be an inbetween. I think it looks hysterical and can’t wait.