Exclusive

Chasing Life Winter Premiere Promo: Is There Still Hope for Leo and April?

Loading video...

OK, Chasing Life fans, we’ve got some bad news — and some potentially great news.

Let’s start with the bad news: Based on TVLine’s exclusive new promo for the ABC Family drama’s winter premiere (Jan. 19, 9/8c), April’s life is only going to get more complicated in the new year, especially with regards to her feelings for Dominic.

Now, for the potentially great news: If April still has to choose between Dominic and Leo, as this promo seems to hint, doesn’t that mean it’s safe to assume Leo survives his surgery, despite flatlining in last week’s Christmas special?

Hit PLAY on the promo above, then drop a comment below: Do you still have hope for April and Leo?

1. Kira says:

I’m really pulling for April and Leo!!! There’s just something about the way they connect to each other that pulls me in. She brings out the best in him and he helps her see life in a different way. They balance each other perfectly!!! And while I would have loved for them to kiss before the surgery the fact that they didn’t only seemed to deepen how they feel about each other. Now bring on the romance!!!

2. Carrie says:

i love Leo. I didn’t at first but the character has really grown on me. I am looking forward to the show coming back.

3. phuong says:

If Leo doesn’t pull through from the surgery and they kill him it would make it hard to watch the show I have nothing against Dominic but Leo and April have that spark and understand each other in a way Dominic cannot

• johnhelvete says:

The Christmas episode was the last episode filmed (episode 21) but it is in the timeline before the final 10 episodes of the season, so I really doubt that the show would have killed off Leo before the next episode which involves a time jump because his death would have happened off camera months before the show picks up the rest of the season.

Leo is a great character played by a dynamic actor, but the show is about a young woman fighting cancer, I think Leo will survive for now, but the show has to deal with cancer honestly and if Leo eventually dies, I am prepared for that.

• Nancy says:

This actually proves nothing. Yes they are doing a time jump. But that does not mean he survives. Or that he won’t have serious problems.

• johnhelvete says:

Leo having serious complications from the surgery would not surprise me. I do think it is extremely unlikely that the show would kill off Leo in what was originally going to be episode 11 and off camera unless the episode involves flashbacks to his death. Again episode 21 aka the Christmas episodes was the last episode filmed and ended up being the actual 11th episode. Also the above promo would be cruel for the fans of Leo/April if he does in fact die at the end of the Christmas episode.

• Nancy says:

How is the promo cruel? Seriously? Why would it be “extremely unlikely that they would kill him off? Flashbacks are possible. I love how people try to justify why the show would not dare kill him off. Are you forgetting the show is about APRIL?Not Leo.

• johnhelvete says:

I am not trying to justify not killing off Leo. In a lot of ways I am very open to the idea because the show is about a young woman with cancer, and I at least want some suspense that April could actually die, that there are real stakes on the show, and Leo dying would accomplish that. I dont really care which guy April ends up with because I think the show is more interesting than which guy April ends up with. Once again it is a show about a woman with cancer, and I am invested in April’s journey and her love life is only part of who she is. My point though was to the original poster above, Phoung, who posted how it would be difficult to watch the show if Leo dies, that I did not think it will happen by the next episode, but I did post that Leo might eventually die on the show.

I do think a promo about the love triangle between three characters with the knowledge that one of the members of the love triangle is dead in the very next episode seems a little foolish on the part of ABC Family (I will drop the use of cruel) because Leo is a popular character and it does seem like toying with his fans.

• Nancy says:

Leo has cancer. Of course he does. But she never gave Dominic the chance

4. Nancy says:

Sorry but this promo actually proves NOTHING. It does not prove that Leo is even still alive. I read that April and dominic get closer in season 1B. So I am not worried about Leo.

5. Leslie Solis says:

Yup…For a while, I wasn’t quite sure who to pull for, but, especially after that Christmas episode, I’m Team Leo all the way! First, I didn’t like the way Dominic left April in the mid-season finale. Yes, he had every reason to be upset, and to even cut off the romantic relationship. But he could’ve stuck by her as a friend and helped take care of her through something so tough. Easy to do? No. But it would’ve shown him as a man of character. Then, he sowed his true colors when he was about to go back to April out of fear of how people would look at him for leaving her in the hospital instead of out of any real care or concern for her. But it’s looking dicey for Leo! Yeah, they can bring somebody back from flat-lining, but as far as I know, if he signed that DNR (Remember the list of forms he’d been given and showed to April?), he’s probably as good as dead!

• Nancy says:

You are serious right? So she broke his heart but he should stick by her as a “friend? In what universe do you live in? He DIDN’T go back to her. That is not what he said. He said “I am the one who got screwed” and then booked a flight back to finish his assignment. Until you are in his position? Do not judge the man.

6. Megan says:

I’m completely in love with leo and april! They just have a connection, and a fun and spontaneous relationship. I think they are perfect for each other. As much as I like dominic I just don’t see him and april lasting.. They don’t have that spark that you see between april and leo. I Really hope that the producers make april and leo happen this season, and for more then one freaking episode..

7. Leo needs to survive, he can’t die! And nothing against Dominic, but I just don’t care about him, Leo is the guy I want to see with April!

8. Lauren says:

How April could have feelings for Dom after he acted so selfishly I have no clue. I liked him at first but can’t stand him after that.

• Nancy says:

The only one who is selfish is APRIL. She broke up with him, didn’t tell him she had cancer and then slept with Leo telling Dominic “I need to think about things”? If that is how she sorts things out and deals with things? Then that is pretty crummy. I love how people are SO quick to judge him when they don’t know WHY he acted the way he did. We will find out soon according to the producer of the show

9. Kate says:

Am I not seeing something here? All I see is sort of the trailer of first season shots and then the pictures are all the Christmas episode from last week. I saw the coming up on this season at the end of the Christmas episode which are clearly about April’s return to work and seeming relapse (or maybe its just the treatment didn’t work at all, that’s unclear) and it doesn’t really show anyone else, maybe an awkward Dominic run in at work, but no answer about Leo (even if he survived, he likely has a lot of time in the hospital to recover from).

10. angi says:

I Feel Leo brings out the very best n April. They actually compliment each other very well. The attraction they hav is wat everyone dreams about n urns for. Please let him live n let them get together

11. savanna says:

I’m so into Leo and April love theme than dominic april….

12. Abida says:

I really hope Leo lives! I definitely think that April should end up with Leo. Although the trailers hint that April and Domonic are going to be a thing, I really don’t think they’re good together…

• Nancy says:

Based on things I have read I think Leo is gone. They said that this season will focus on April and Dominic. To me that means Leo is gone as if he were still alive I think that she would be more focused on him. And also they referred to her feelings for Leo in the past tense.

13. Bree says:

What’s the theme song for the winter premiere does anybody know? Thanks.

14. Aliyah Tatum says:

I think Leo’s going through a hard time and that once he recovers and feels like his old self again, he’ll feel better and apoligize to April and they’ll start something and probably go around fir awhile and then I bet something will happen between April and Dominic and Leo will fin out and

15. Nancy says:

Funny. Because so far? this season has NOT focused on April and Dominic AT ALL. Dominic is barely even in the show at all. I do know i am sick of Leo and want him GONE