Gracepoint Finale: Who Killed Danny? Check Out the Suspects — And Odds!

Fox’s Gracepoint concludes tonight (9/8c) — with the inevitably awful truth about who killed 12-year-old Danny Solano.

Was it a member of his immediate family? Or perhaps a relative of family friend and local detective Ellie Miller? Then again, it could’ve been one of the collection of secretive, ominous townfolk Miller and boss Det. Emmett Carver have questioned over the last nine episodes.

TVLine has put together a photo gallery of the potential suspects — and set odds on who we think dunnit.

Click through our take on the case below, then hit the comments and tell us who you think struck the fatal blow (and how it all played out).

1. autumnd23 says:

When did they rule out Tom? Based on the “How did you not know” theme, it can only be a few people. I was thinking that both Tom and Joe were involved…

2. I thought the first episode of this show was really terrible but stuck with it. Now I’m really gonna miss it.

3. Alyse says:

I really hope they don’t make the killer the same as in the original. It’s been said before that it will be a different person but it seems like that might has been a mislead and that both shows will have the same killer.

• Tim says:

It actually doesn’t make sense not to have the same character be the killer—it wouldn’t have the same emotional impact.

• Anna says:

That Broadchurch reveal was soooo good! BUT it was only this good because it was so unexpected. So I was hoping for a different ending for Gracepoint… then again, how many Americans have actually watched the original? So for them, it’ll probably be a surprise either way…

• wgsecretary says:

They said prior to the show even airing that they were going to have a different killer. I saw that in multiple interviews. I think someone at TVLine missed that tidbit of information.

4. Sara says:

I’m going to be very mad if the same character is the killer, as they have promised since before the show premiered that it would be different.
    That said, I am 100% convinced the killer is connected to Det. Miller in someway. The line in the last episode to Susan Wright about not knowing what was going on in her own home/family was very significant story wise. Sorry to go slightly spoiler for Broadchurch here, but why keep such a significant line if the message doesn’t mean something?
    My guess is that Miller’s son did it with Vince as an accomplice.

• Alyse says:

If they stick with what they said about it not being the same killer as broadchurch my guess also was that it was Tom, Millers son, with an accomplice. It’s the only suspect that would have close to the emotional impact that the reveal of broadchurch’s killer had.

• Sara says:

I totally agree that this the only way to have the emotional pay out that they seem to be leading towards.
        And hey, if it ends up being totally disappointing, let’s just bask in the knowledge that BBCAmerica just announced (on twitter and facebook) that Broadchurch season 2 is premiering on Feb. 4!

• Stacy says:

With so much exactly the same as Broadchurch it’s frustrating sometimes. They’re adding all the same math to a different outcome. We know the killer will be different, but that doesn’t mean Miller’s hubby Joe is squeaky clean. I’m wondering if they’re going to tie him into abuse of Tom or Danny, and then have Tom kill Danny because he’s afraid he’s going to tell or is jealous for attention.

5. I could believe Tom, Chloe, or the Rev.

6. Drew says:

I think it’s Tom or Joe, but I’d hate to see the nice, normal stay at home dad turn out to be an evil pedophile or something. I’m tired of evil father figures on TV.
    Can we rule Ellie out? She was all set to get a big promotion with this case, before it was handed off to someone else. And she was pretty pissed about that. She’s been played as inexperienced and emotional at times, so it would be a twist to have her turn out to be really calculating.
    Whoever it is, I hope that it isn’t something that they pull out of thin air. I want to be able to think back and see all of the clues that we missed before.

7. Columbus says:

Me too….I think it was Joe protecting Tom.

8. Rick Katze says:

Don’t really disagree with your odds but while everything suggest the religious character, I suspect that it will be someone else.

No rhyme or reason but I’m going with the Psychic. I fully expect to be wrong but he’s the least unpleasant choice of options.

9. Julie says:

It might be semantics, but all I’ve read promises a different ending, not a different killer. The killer could be the same as Broadchurch, but for different reasons. Also, Broadchurch didn’t end with the killer’s identity being revealed. There was more after the reveal. That could be considered the “ending” and be different than Broadchurch. At this point, the plot line has held pretty tight to BC, so I don’t foresee a different killer.

• Tenney says:

Wow, what a great point. We’ve all been assuming a different ending meant and different killer, but that doesn’t have to be the case. I found an article on “The Wrap” where Fox chairman Kevin Reilly talking Broadchurch and Gracepoint said ““We have a different ending than they have, so there will be something to stay tuned for with a twist”. Hmmm….. There is nothing promising a different killer.

If they choose to keep the same killer I wouldn’t be terribly disappointed because they’ve really done a great job with this americanized version and I’d be interested to see how they keep the same killer but change the ending.

10. John Moshier says:

I thought they said it would be a new killer but they could of lied but maybe the son or somebody you would never think of

11. neaorlean says:

I guess I’m a minority, but I really hope for the same killer – I feel like GP wasn’t that much different from BC to justify a different killer. Unless it’s Tom, but it’s been so obvious the whole time that he’s hiding something, that it would be just too easy.

12. Laura says:

Of course it is Joe Miller. Last week’s episodes was so full of clues setting up this weeks episode, it was like a neon light going on while you are laying in your bed in the dark. There were numerous references to child-adult sexual crimes. But the clincher, the real clue was when Beth asks “How could you not know your husband was having sex with your daughter? How could you really not know?” So Beth — how can you not know?

13. The dad is taking the blame for his kid, so that it doesn’t destroy his life

14. TV Gord says:

Halfway through, I like it. It’s as though we’re getting an extra chapter.

15. I said right after the 1st show it was the boy check it out the father is taking the blame for his son doing it

16. Diane says:

Lousy ending…no indication ever of relationship between Danny and Joe…..

17. Rosalyn says:

Being an American who watched and loved Broadchurch I will be very disappointed if fox has the same ending. It would continue the trend that the American TV and film industry has lost all creativity. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

18. TV Gord says:

OH…MY…GOD! That was BRILLIANT! I never expected THAT!!!!

19. Nicholas says:

They kept you guessing! The one person no expected lead to Danny’s death ; and the one person everyone thought was killer ended up committing manslaughter. But this does not explain why Danny’s finger was bleeding before he left the house. In the first episode, Danny’s finger was bleeding before he even left the house, disappearing into night on his skate board. Or what about the fence that broken into. I didn’t get to see a few episodes, so i am not sure if any facts that have not been explained, but look forward to owning it. Wish there be another season to see what happens next.

20. Princess 29 says:

From day one, i knew it was the kid. But the father? I had no idea it was him. Then this last episode, wow powerful and now i KNOW the mother ellie had something to do with it. She said things and done things that points to her. Like the last words she said to her husband in the cell, “Keep this between us”? Really. What was she really saying. She knw something for sho.