Bella Thorne to Appear in Scream Pilot as Drew Barrymore's Character

Bella Thorne Scream Pilot

Bella Thorne is ready to Scream it up.

The former Disney Channel star says she will appear in the pilot for MTV’s upcoming Scream series as an iconic character from the original 1996 film. (No, not that one.)

RELATED Scream Ordered to Series at MTV

Thorne recently revealed during a Facebook Q&A that she’ll be slipping into a role inspired by Casey, the girl from the beginning of the movie played by Drew Barrymore. If you’ve seen Scream, you know why Thorne is only slated to appear in the pilot. (Spoiler alert: Casey gets murked.)

TVLine has reached out to MTV for confirmation.

Will you be watching Scream when it premieres in Oct. 2015? Drop a comment with your thoughts on the new series below.

1. Sooo, it’s a remake, not a sequel?

2. Tran says:

I’m NOT going to watch Scream on MTV come October 2015 but I adore Bella Thorne when she was on Shake It Up on Disney Channel.

3. Alex says:

This quote is being taken out of context!!!

I think she meant she is the “opening kill,” not that she is specifically playing the same character.

I’ve read the pilot script, Casey Becker doesn’t appear! No character from the movies appears. There is no mention of anything from any of the movies.

• Actually, i think by her saying she is re-enacting the Drew Barrymore scene it is quite clear what she meant. If she said she was doing a scene like the DB scene or doing one of the opening deaths that the series became known for it would be different. But, re-enacting the Drew Barrymore scene seems pretty clear cut.

BTW, if you have the script, I would love to read it.

• Alex says:

I guess we will see in 2015….

But trust me – she’s not playing Casey Becker.

She is playing “smoking-hot mean girl NINA PATTERSON (17).”

Or, at least that’s what the script I read dated April 23, 2014 calls her.

• alistaircrane says:

I read their version of the article at Entertainment Weekly and it contains Thorne’s quote from the Facebook Q&A. She doesn’t say she is literally playing Casey Becker, just that she will “re-enact the famous scene of Drew Barrymore”. Obviously her character is the first murder victim but not literally Casey.

4. Dennis says:

There is NO way they can do this series without referencing the movies in the past at some point…I mean, this show is obviously a “sequal” with a wink to the original…obviously everything that happened at Woodsboro (right? Woodbury? Ehhh w/e lol) has to serve as some kind of foundation to this show.

5. K says:

Yeah, she’s not playing Casey. I think she’s just the girl in the opening scene who gets killed in the same way as Casey BUT she’s not Casey.

6. dee123 says:

NO1CURR. This will stink to high heaven.

7. Hope she wears that black shirt! Hubba hubba.

8. short url says:

Thanks , I’ve recently been looking for info approximately this
    topic for a long time and yours is the greatest I havge
    found out till now. But, what concerning the conclusion? Aree you positive concerning the source?

9. tsevca says:

The most iconic thing about the character was that Barrymore was the face of the movie, on posters, the biggest star, so people assumed her to be the lead – until she dies in the first few minutes. That was the genius of the movie. What´s the point of recreating the character, when they immediately say she dies in piiot?