Fresh Off the Boat Comedy Gets Premiere Date at ABC

Fresh Off the Boat Premiere Date

Fresh Off the Boat has found a place to dock.

ABC will sample the new comedy on Wednesday, Feb. 4 — with new episodes at both 8:30 and 9:30 pm — before the show settles into its regular time slot of Tuesdays at 8/7c, starting Feb. 10.

Inspired by a true story and set in the year 1995, Fresh Off the Boat follows our narrator, 11-year-old hip-hop enthusiast Eddie Huang (played by Hudson Yang), as he and his family adjust to their move from Chinatown in Washington D.C. to suburban Orlando, Fla. There, Eddie’s dad, Louis (Veep‘s Randall Park), pursues his version of the American dream: a Western-themed restaurant.

Fresh Off the Boat also stars Constance Wu, Forrest Wheeler and Ian Chen.

1. Tran says:

Even though I’m Asian American, really looking forward to it but it’s going to be tough on Tuesdays @ 8 p.m. against NCIS (CBS) and The Flash (The CW).

2. MeJ says:

Really excited for this! Hope ABC gives it a fair chance to find itself, especially after Selfie (and Trophy Wife… and Happy Endings…)

3. Bryce says:

So excited for this show but really want to know when The Whispers will premiere

4. Desmond says:

00 or maybe more to thread a serger sewing for their customers.
    No matter sort of cloth you wish to choose, the appliance can stitch any kind of pattern inside a
    stipulated time frame. The one I am discussing here’s
    the model 9800 and is also this is a computerized machine.

5. King says:

I can’t wait for this. The preview I saw looked hilarious especially when they showed the mom in a very noisy marketplace!

6. I hope that Fresh Off The Boat will be available on demand because Tuesday night is a killer night. I hope that ABC will give the new show a chance.

7. silverwings says:

8:30 and 9:30? Does that seem weird to anyone else. Why aren’t they back-to-back?

• ABC is hopping that no one will used their remote device to change the channel between 8:30 pm and 9:30 pm and everyone love the Modern Family at 9 pm. ABC believe that no one would watch the show that air back to back.

8. David4 says:

The problem with ABC is they have room for 4-6 comedies and they already have 4-6 comedies. I honestly think it might be time to move Modern Family to a different day and stick Blackish at 9pm Wednesdays.

• ABC until Forever debut at 10 pm was having trouble to get the rating to watch ABC at 10 pm. It look like the Tuesday night between 8 pm-9pm any show debut at that timeslot is having trouble because NCIS is number one. Good luck to Fresh Off The Boat at 8 pm and the second show at 8: 30 pm.

9. maria says:

Well I happen to live in suburban Orlando, and the previews look pretty funny for this show, so I will definitely give it a try. That is one competitive timeslot, though.

10. Heathers says:

This is what we get in place of Suburgatory?! And I hate Modern Family- not funny at all.

11. Lauren Park says:

The title is absolutely wrong and racist.

12. Ally Oop says:

I much preferred the title Far East Orlando. The promos look great but it’s getting the same slot as ABCs failed call comedies. Not looking good for it…

13. Canon says:

White People lunch? I have a problem with that. In America we have every kind of food from every country out there. Our lunch could be any one of them. Granted, if it’s looking like worms, it may not be a smart move for the lunchroom, but geez, can we stop acting like to be an American you have to be a white man, successful, and judgmental of anyone NOT those things? There’s more to us than that. People shouldn’t have to conform to live here. Learning the language and being a good person is really all you need. Be you. It’s enough. Shows need to highlight how we can accept each other rather than all the ways we don’t. Somehow it’s made it cool to discriminate against others and that’s just not cool. We built this country so all people could feel accepted, let’s start acting like it shall we?

• soso says:

That’s a wonderful sentiment, but kids are unthinking (not necessarily mean). I went through a similar experience when I brought Indian food for lunch to school, nobody would sit next to me because they couldn’t stand the smell of my food. At age 6, that was pretty traumatising and I had a long argument with my mom when I got home to get ‘white people lunch’. You have to try to conform, especially on the small stuff, to be accepted. It’s just a part of being a minority sometimes.

14. jengreene22 says:

Time slot should be 10pm. I know it’s set in 1995 but young children won’t get that. This show makes you dumber. Showing a white family celebrating their kids straight C’s and having the asian kids in trouble because their son got straight A’s. Come on.