Community Season 6: Is Chevy Chase Returning? It Depends Who You Ask

Chevy Chase Community Season 6

Might Community fans see another hologram of Pierce Hawthorne in Season 6? Hmm, not so fast.

During a Monday Reddit AMA, former cast member Chevy Chase said his longtime Greendale curmudgeon would make a brief appearance during the comedy’s sixth season, which will stream on Yahoo! Screen.

“I will be in a small cameo at the beginning… and if they ask me to come back and do one or two [more] appearances, it’s a possibility,” the actor wrote.

However, a rep for Sony Pictures Television, which produces Community, tells TVLine that Chase “is not confirmed to appear in Season 6 at this time.”

Chase left the series halfway through Season 4, following a series of clashes with showrunner Dan Harmon. His character briefly returned as a hologram in the Season 5 premiere, before the Greendale gang learned of Pierce’s off-screen death.

Would you like to see Chase return to Community somehow, in some way? Drop a line in the comments with your thoughts.

1. I’d like to see them bring Pierce back to life just to prove that his religion was right after all.

• What I’d like to know is if his ban against being in the Community set was specific to the one they used to film the show when it was on NBC or if it applies to any set anywhere in the world where they make Community, be it NBC, CBS, or someone’s garage.

2. Tran says:

This could be either good or bad if Chevy Chase is coming back in the upcoming season of Community or perhaps he may forgive himself about his bickering feud with Dan Harmon.

3. Tony Lang says:

Chevy Chase making an appearance in a show he had left mid-season after it had given him a sizable spike in popularity and visibility… why does that sound familiar?…

4. D'Arcy says:

He clearly doesn’t realize Season 5 aired and he’s thinking about his cameo at the start of that.

5. I.R.E. says:

Did this show passed over 100 episodes this season?

6. Tom says:

It’s entirely possible he faked his death, he’s the kind of guy who would do it. Do I want him back? I don’t know, not if he’s going to keep being a whack job.

7. bar says:

I guess I can’t blame them… They don’t have much of a cast left. From a longtime fan, this S6 is shaping up to be terrible. Kill it already, it’s time.

8. ayadec says:

I’d actually rather see a Shirley cameo than a Pierce return. Or a Troy return than a Pierce return. Or, in a perfect world a Troy return AND a Shirley cameo/return. But that’s just me.

9. TV Gord says:

At least it seems that he finally realizes that this show was the best thing that ever happened to him!

10. collectcall says:

Quick fact fix: Dan Harmon had been fired by the end of season 3; Chase left after an apparent disagreement with the showrunners of season 4 about his character’s racism. Although Dan Harmon and Chevy Chase had their disagreements in Season 3, and that might have been why Dan was fired, Dan Harmon had nothing to do with Chase’s firing.

11. Thomas says:

Definitely would love him back on. The show’s constant fourth wall breaking and self-awareness kind of allows the show to pull off the unrealistic stuff like him faking his death. I would definitely like to see Donald Glover return more, but as long as Chevy Chase knows his place as an actor (not a writer) he should be fine. Apparently him and Harmon are still kind of friends, so I think they can get over the past.

12. the culpable moose says:

Eff yeah I’d like to see pierce back! the stupidity of character made the other charcters more surreal. they were dumb too, but … they weren’t pierce!!! he was the “meg”. watching dumb people snob an even dumber person is hilarious and an element of almost any comdedy or toilet paper commercial. “I saved 75 cents. You should have switched to Ultra” or some other nonsense fictional adversarialness. Which is weird, btw. When fictional people making fun of other fictional people makes a product sell, how far are our heads up our own extretory ducts?

Pierce was essential and people can underestimate that, but he was not dispensable. chevy is a crazy old man, but pierce… is also a crazy old man! the show needs him. and donald. it just doesn’t work without them.

13. Anna says:

I think that Chevy Chase should come back. He kept the whole show together. Without him Community will never be the same.

14. Michael Cervantes says:

I would love for Pierce to make a return. He could have faked his death like he did in the darkest timeline.

15. Jose Angel Delgado Torres says:

I really want to see Pierce again as part of study group again, but I don´t think harmon would like to have Chevy Chase back in the show. So I just hope they understand they will need not only Pierce also Troy and shirly to bring again the amazing comedy stile they used to have.

If they are really interested in their fans, they will made happy many fans

16. waleed says:

Peirce Was the best thing that happened in this show. Its not the same without him