Exclusive

Under the Dome's Stephen King: How He Gave Season 2 His 'Stamp'

Loading video...

How did Under the Dome author Stephen King ensure he’d like the sci-fi drama’s Season 2 premiere? Well, he wrote it.

In a behind-the-scenes interview from the show’s sophomore DVD set (available Dec. 9), King looks back on his time as a screenwriter for the CBS series.

“I wanted to get a chance to put my Good Housekeeping seal of approval, if you will, on the show,” King says in the exclusive sneak peek above. “If they will allow me to do the first episode, I can kind of guide the course of the season.”

Considering Season 2 kicked off with Angie’s shocking murder, we’d say King made quite the impression on Dome‘s sophomore run.

Press PLAY on the video above for a look at the interview, then hit the comments and tell us: Would you like to see King write more Dome episodes in Season 3?

1. C says:

I lost interest in this show the further it strayed from the source material…. should have been only one season and ended the way the book did.

• JW says:

The book was amazing, well except for possibly the lamest ending ever for s book. I’m glad IT diverged from the source material.

2. Letti says:

I also lost my interest last season. Angie was my favourite, and after her death I hoped it will still be ok, but I just didn’t like the storyline.

3. Bark Star says:

No surprise that King had a heavy hand in Season 2 as it was jsut as bad as the original book.

4. disonba3 says:

Absolutely!! He is the king of horror, except for Dean Koontz!

5. Mark says:

Killing one of the most liked characters yeah a really good idea — it went down hill rapidly from there I stopped after episode 5

6. MiamiHeat says:

Well, I enjoyed Season 2. Is it the greatest show ever? No, but it keeps me wanting more. Since Angie has ‘reappeared’ later in Season 2, after her death, I wouldn’t be surprised to see her in Season 3 either…

7. Brian G. says:

I couldn’t believe how horrible Sherry Stringfield was as an actress, and Grace Victoria Cox was so incredibly wooden, that it just made the whole season TERRIBLE…..The actors who are actually OK, Dean Norris & Mike Voegel were then given nothing to do, because the other actors that were bad, were given more time on screen. Just awful.