Sons of Anarchy Alum Maggie Siff Joins Showtime's Billions Pilot

Maggie Siff Billions

The cast for Showtimes Billions continues to look very flush.

Maggie Siff, whose credits include of course a six-year ride on Sons of Anarchy as well as a stint on Mad Men has joined the buzzy drama pilot, which already counts Emmy winners Damian Lewis (Homeland) and Paul Giamatti (John Adams) among its cast.

Taking a forensic look at the world of high finance, Billions tracks the approaching collision between hard-charging U.S. Attorney Chuck Rhoades (played by Giamatti) and brilliant/ambitious hedge fund king Bobby “Axe” Axelrod (Lewis).

Siff will play the central character of Wendy Rhoades, Chuck’s wife, who after graduating at the top of her medical school class and training as a psychiatrist is now an in-demand performance coach who counts some of the most powerful figures in the world of high finance among her clients.

Neil Burger (The Illusionist) will direct the Billions pilot, to be filmed in New York in early 2015.

1. Tran says:

Fans of SoA knew how bad Tara was until her demise in last season’s finale but Maggie Siff was so good on Mad Men.

• Sara says:

Actually, Maggie Siff was arguably the best actor in SOA. Her scenes with Katey Sagal were always so deliciously great because they were two great actors going head to head. She had so many great scenes. Remember Season 4 – “Hands” – the scene in the hospital with Jax. God, that was so so great. I loved the character of Tara and Siff was excellent in the role.

• wrstlgirl says:

Absolutely agree. Tran clearly doesn’t speak for everybody.

• Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Amen to that hahaha!

• Tran says:

You people are crazy. I go by my own rules so don’t test me not even if Jax from SoA is going to mess you guys up.

• The Carpooler says:

Right or wrong I appreciate Tran’s candor. LOL. “I go by my own rules.” Reminds me of Techno Viking.

• Shannon says:

I absolutely agree! SoA wouldn’t have been the success it was without Maggie Siffs character Dr Tara Knowles. She embodied and solidified the changes from beginning to end in the series. She is a fantastic actor!! I completely agree with Sara. Yes, she was great in Mad Men as well!

• Shannon says:

I look forward to watching her in the new Showtime series “Billions”. (Alongside Damian Lewis/Brody from “Homeland” and Paul Giamatti).

• Don says:

Tara was my favorite character – even in Season 6. All the hatred directed at her character was ridiculous. She suffered Skyler White syndrome – a strong, opinionated female character that dares to defy her criminal mastermind of a husband. Oh no! Siff was perfect for the part – probably a little too perfect because she acted circles around the rest of the actors.

• Fard says:

Funny you say that…to be perfectly honest….acting wise, her Theatre background probably makes them all look like toy actors…She is such a “solid” person and actress.

• Don says:

• (Probably spoilers) For me, she was the only redeemable character in season six. I found myself rooting for her the whole time since everyone else was just ridiculous. Haven’t watched the final season yet, since the only draw for me isn’t there anymore.

• Tim says:

One of her best scene’s was in the prison visitor’s room. All alone. She cried perfect timing to the slam of a door

• Enri says:

Tran you don’t speak for every SOA fan. Tara is/was my favorite character on the show. Glad Maggie will be back on our screens again.

• Netty says:

I don’t know which fans of SoA you talking on behalf of…Tara was simply the best character on this show, She stole almost every scene she was in.

2. wrstlgirl says:

Love Maggie Siff and have been really missing Tara on SOA.

3. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Good for Maggie Siff nice to hear she’s coming back on tv. Wish her all the best……4ever SAMCRO bitches!!!

4. Tom says:

I miss Tara so much on SOA. I hate that we have to look at the gross ex-junkie and her overdone face versus beautiful Tara.

• Jena says:

To be fair, Wendy is like 50 or something (the actress) and Jax/Charlie Hunnam is like 30ish. Maggie Siff is older than Hunnam but she just has a very youthful face. I think they cast Wendy/Drea because she had a very “hard” look – like she looks very very rough, and she plays the junkie part well. I do think Tara was the best female character on the show alongside Gemma and unfortunately the show has suffered without her.

• d4h8a15r16m23a42 says:

Drea De Matteo is 42 and Maggie Siff is 40.

• Julie says:

Wait, are you serious? WHOA. I seriously was convinced Drea was closer to 50. Damn. She has not aged well. Maggie Siff looks like she is in her 30’s – that’s crazy. She does have a very youthful look. I didn’t know she was older than Charlie.

• Fard says:

SUFFERED IMMENSELY…Charlie even said, he is most proud of the “relationship/bond” that they pulled off with them two…needless to say, some of his acting naturally died with her.

• T says:

Tara is now playing a Wendy haha.

• Fard says:

The show died with her and so did Charlie’s acting and character…but I guess that’s what Kurt Wanted…..To me the ending of the Series was so predictable it was stupid. Shakespearean motiffs are getting old. I get it, he was a genius, but does it have to permeate everything? He had way too many inconsistencies and loose ends with the storyline. I think the show could have easily ended after season 4…just end it with her leaving or staying and he gets the gavel…..maybe season 5, but season 6 and 7 were just tired.

5. Lauren says:

YAY TARA! I love her. She’s so beautiful. Siff was great on Mad Men too.

6. Jenna says:

Excited to see her again, and I love Lewis.
    I definitely miss her on SOA. I’m really only hanging in there because it’s the final ride.

7. Eliza says:

Love her. I missed her/Tara dearly during the last season of SoA.

8. Brooke says:

That is a killer cast, hopefully the writing lives up to those three powerhouses.

9. Lia says:

Maggie is sublime, SOA made a huge mistake letting her go, Billions gain! Can’t wait to watch her on screen again

• Fard says:

This message is for Kurt Sutter…Huge MIstake killing her off….If he was going to do it, let her get caught in the cross hairs when Clay was trying to have her killed….It was a tired traged and a joke. The way the show ended? predicable….in fact so predictable its gross…

10. Fard says:

I am happy for My Boogie Down Bronx Friend Maggie Siff! I was so grateful for her complex conflicting performance in Sons of Anarchy. She is so good in Theatre and I cannot wait to see her wrestle with the “real” criminals…lol…It should be interesting

11. Harold Pottle says:

Love her like BAD!!! She’s so PERFECT. CANT WAIT to watch her AGAIN!!! TOTALLY GORGEOUS WHOLE-HEARTED SWEETHEART. ur Biggest from Maine Maggie