Ratings: Amazing Race Ticks Up; Grimm, Constantine, ABC Comedies Dip

CBS’ The Amazing Race this Friday drew 6.2 million total viewers and a 1.2 demo rating, up 15 percent and two tenths versus its post-Thanksgiving outing.

Leading out of that, A Very Grammy Christmas did 4.7 mil/0.8.

Over on NBC, Grimm (5 mil/1.1) and Constantine (3.1 mil/0.8) each dropped a handful of eyeballs plus a tenth in the demo. How Murray Saved Christmas — which TVLine readers gave an average grade of “B” — opened the night with 3.6 mil/0.9.

The CW’s Top Model finale (1.2 mil/0.4) was steady in the demo week-to-week but down a tenth from last cycle’s closer.

At ABC, Last Man Standing (6.6 mil/1.2) and Cristela (4.7 mil/0.9) each ticked down a tenth, while Shark Tank (7.1 mil/1.8) slipped 10 percent and two tenths (yet still led the night in both measures).

The fine folks at TVByTheNumbers have pointed out that Cristela, Grimm and Constantine all slipped to series lows.

1. Dennis says:

I love Cristela!

2. Moment says:

The Amazing Race simply loves to yo-yo. Up one week, down the next unexplainably, and so forth.

3. DL says:

Grimm! Really hoping that, as it’s probably not a terribly expensive show, that it’ll get another season. I must know what the deal is with the keys! And Adalind’s baby! They’re really slow-playing those storylines.

• thisismenow says:

Even if the ratings are mediocre they are a season away from episode 100. I would imagine NBC would push it out to hit that.

• Moment says:

I think purely on the basis that NBC will have to rebuild Friday if they get rid of Grimm, and with Constantine dying on its feet and looking like a good bet for cancelation, I would say Grimm has a shot. I think The Mysteries of Laura may have a home on Friday too.

• Bill says:

It’s safe. They sold it to syndication not too long ago

4. Cristela’s episode was pure gold. The funniest yet !

5. I love the amazing race .it is always an adventure in what’s next and what team will win. You always look forward to Phil say this the amazingrace and your ?

6. robinepowell says:

Well Grimmer might get a little more interesting, now that it looks like Juliette might be pregnant.

I will miss Truble and I hope she comes back soon.

• Kay says:

I’m going to miss Truble too…..she grew on me as the show went on! Bad time to have another baby on the show, Adeline would try and steal it…