TNT Renews Legends for Season 2

Legends Renewed Season 2

Sean Bean is somehow staying alive this time ’round.

Elite undercover operative Martin Odum will embark on a second round of missions, as TNT has renewed Legends for Season 2, it was announced Thursday. The news comes on the heels of the cabler cancelling Perception and Franklin & Bash, while efforts for Dallas to find a Season 4 home came up dry.

The spy drama’s 10-episode sophomore run will premiere sometime in 2015.

The first season of Legends averaged 3.2 million weekly viewers, with Live+7 DVR playback factored in.

1. Moment says:

I’m really happy about this, the low ratings had me worried, but TNT have made the right decision. It’s a great show and retaining the services of Sean Bean will only help TNT in the long run.

2. wrstlgirl says:

Great news. I’ve been wondering :-)

3. Meg says:

This show stayed while F&B and Perception were cancelled? Thumbs down, TNT.

4. Boiler says:

This stinks!!!! They cancel Perception and keep this. Guess I won’t need to worry about TNT anymore, especially with R&I still to be renewed. Does Reilly have a clue what he is doing???

• Lexi says:

Obviously not, because he destroyed Fox… can’t believe TNT hired him…think we will be saying Adios, Goodbye to TNT… Idiots.. getting as bad as A& E…

5. mdbchud says:

Dallas!!!! Sniff…….. Could have at LEAST given us closure :-( Congrats to the Legends fans tho.

6. kirads09 says:

Yes Bourne meets 24. Love it and Sean.

7. Susan says:

If R & I doesn’t get renewed, then nobody in my family will be watching anything on TNT!

8. B says:

Great news! They took so long that I expected bad news, but yay!

9. rainey13 says:

Very happy to see this news! I love a well-crafted, adult mystery, and this show had twists and turns galore to keep me guessing. And it’s nice to see a fine actor like Sean Bean survive in something!

10. James D says:

yay :) really good show

11. Alex Callahan says:

Yeah… I kinda still can’t get over the fact that there’s a long term project in which Sean Bean doesn’t die…

12. Tran says:

What a sigh of relief. I was so worried that I thought Legends was on the verge of getting canceled but I’m very happy about the news from TNT even though the network went through so much trouble with the cancellations of Perception, Franklin & Bash and the Dallas reboot.

13. Nick says:

Cancelled Franklin & Bash, renewed Legends….TNT must have a fever.

14. I am so excited about this news. Legends is different to other cop shows, so it stands out from the pack for the premise alone. Then it has Sean Bean, a superb actor. The rest of the cast surprised me with how very good they were, especially Tina Majorino who was last seen by me in Greys and was awfully annoying.
    Yay for a tv station making a smart decision for once!

15. tjchurch2001 says:

This could not be worse moves! Nothing mentioned that I could see about the far-superior, also-book-based “King & Maxwell” (instead sticking Rebecca & Christian in this tired “Librarians” crap that the network already did FAR too much of), cancel “Perception” & the legal version of “The Hangover”, & bring back this crap?!