Ratings: Sleepy Midseason Finale, State of Affairs Tick Up; Castle Ties Low

Sleepy Hollow Season 2 Ratings

Leading out of a Gotham repeat (which drew 3 million total viewers and a 1.0 demo rating), the midseason finale of Fox’s Sleepy Hollow did 4.5 mil and a 1.5, up 5 percent and a tenth versus last week.

Over on NBC — and with Dancing With the Stars now out of the way — The Voice (11 mil/2.7) rose 15 percent and a tenth week-to-week, while State of Affairs (7 mil/1.6) was up 20 percent and a tenth.

ABC’s broadcast of the CMA Country Christmas special did 8.9 mil and a 1.6, up 20 percent and a tenth versus last year. Castle led out of that with 8.4 mil/1.5, down 12 percent and two tenths from last week (where it followed the DWTS finale, Part 1), tying its series low demo.

1. Dean says:

Shame for Castle personally I blame the country special as its lead-in. Looks like state is getting more or less the same even if its only competition was Castle the shows future looks grim.

• maria says:

Hmmm…if we’re gonna play the blame game, then let’s put the responsibility for this show where it belongs. Squarely on the shoulders of the writers. Ever since that awful season 6 finale, the fans just don’t seem to be buying what the writers are selling. Personally, I’m only sticking around because I’m a fan of both Nathan and Stana, but I really hope they each find better projects in the future. With better writing.

• Kristine says:

The writing is not good. The episodes are cheeseball. It’s not the same quality show it used to be. I love all of the talented actors on it – especially Nathan – but it’s just getting so bad. I really do hope they are done at the end of this season.

• GREGO366 says:

…………..from your lips to your pillow.

• BetiSA says:

Castle writers are lucky to have Stana and Nathan on the show. Without these actors the show would have been cancelled after season 3 or 4. I love Nathan and that’s why I still watch the show no matter how painful it is to watch. The show will end this season, I don’t see any reason to continue. The new writers are good people but bad writers and that’s all.

2. Tran says:

NBC made my Monday nights even better. I was a little bit emotional by Matt McAndrew’s performance on The Voice and he’s one of my faves if Matt is going to make to the Top 5 next week. Last night’s episode of State of Affairs was much better than last week was and kudos to James Remar better known from his role as Harry Morgan on Dexter and even though I’m a huge fan of 24, Ike Dubaku (Season Seven) and Cheng Zhi (got his head chopped off by Jack Bauer in the Live Another Day finale) were both in the episode. #WhoIsNickVera

3. Moment says:

At least Sleepy Hollow isn’t reliant on Gotham. That bodes well.

4. Babybop says:

Yay Sleepy Hollow!! Last night’s episode was good too. I need Abbie and Ichabod in my life.

5. aditya says:

so what happened to major crimes????

6. KatsMom says:

I wonder if the Castle dip might also have something to do with people like me, who missed the end of last week’s episode because of the Ferguson news coverage, not tuning in this week because we were behind. Since I have to wait 8 days to stream episodes or get them on demand, I was behind until this afternoon. I didn’t even consider watching last night’s episode because of that.

7. John Bernard says:

Poor ABC. Now that DWTS has completed it season the only ABC program I watch is Shark Tank.

8. Christine says:

Is State of Affairs worth watching? I don’t really mind Heigl

• GREGO366 says:

Surprisingly, I found it engaging and well acted. AM TIVOing it with Castle as my Primary show in this time slot.

• trainwreck says:

I find it pretty gripping.. only show I am currently watching from the Peacock’s offerings

• mj says:

I watch it. It’s gotten quite interesting in the last couple of eps. I’m not a Heigl hater. And I’m really liking the subplot with Nick and Charlie. It’s the only thing I watch on NBC as well.

9. Jim says:

More Fillion and Katic working on screen together equals better ratings. Anything else means lower ratings. Just the way it works.

• maria says:

Agreed. That interaction, that chemistry, is the only reason I watch. They have a Sam-and-Diane level of chemistry (except Castle and Beckett actually like each other most of the time…)

• GREGO366 says:

Jim,remember, you are dealing with the mentality of a TV Critic here. Your insight, while accurate, requires an education above a 4th grade level to understand !!!!

10. Thanh says:

I just finished marathoning the first three episodes. Since the pilot, I’ve found it hard to like, let alone relate to, any of the characters. Now that I’ve finished the third episode, I think I have a grasp of the show; what it does well, and what it does poorly. The writing for the characters is the worst part about the show. The characters aren’t fully drawn out, and act too stereotyped. There are many moments in each episode where it seems like the writing, and/or editing, haven’t quite made the proper connection between one point and the next, but the story decided to jump to the next point already. The fluidity issues aside, the writing and acting for the characters is also too flawed to ignore. I actually dread having to watch the next episode that I have saved. Since my mindset is already at that stage, I’ve decided to drop this show off my watch list. I like Madame Secretary way better.