Outlander Teaser Video: Claire Sobs She 'Never Counted on Loving' Jamie

Here’s something to get Outlander fans’ kilts a-twirling: Starz has released a brief-but-tantalizing video sneak peek at the rest of Season 1.

In the 20-second clip, scenes from the second half of Diana Gabaldon’s epic novel flash by while Colum’s voice warns brother Dougal that his actions will cost him his head “right onto a pike.”

PHOTOS What TVLine Is Thankful For: A Good Surprise, Homeland Revival, Outlander Is In and More

Meanwhile, Claire is led in chains, Jamie bleeds on the ground, Geillis looks worried, various people fight, Claire cries that she “never counted on loving” her husband, and Mr. and Mrs. Fraser sit locked in what seems like a very dejected embrace. (Those in the know will be aware of what they’re seeing; for the uninitiated, let’s keep it spoiler-free, shall we?)

The drama returns Saturday, April 4, at 9/8c. And if you’re behind, dinna fash don’t worry: The network will air all eight episodes of Season 1 (so far) on Dec. 25.

Press PLAY to see what’s ahead.

1. christine says:

I cant wait!

2. Lara says:

That’s it?????

3. July Lark says:

Thank you Starz, other than the ridiculous 6 month break, you treat us well. Bring it on.

4. IMHO says:

Great show BUT the midseason break is too long.
    2 to 3 months is long enough 6 or more is ridiculous.

5. Rose says:

Can it be April now please?????

6. pam says:

Also can hardly wait! For those of us who read the books looks like another winner for starz!

7. Lori says:

OMG Can’t wait! Still angry at the ridiculous mid season break!

8. Winter says:

So I picked up this book over the holiday break and I have not been able to put it down. I’ve had very little sleep in days and right now all I want to do is leave work, go home and read it.

Needless to say this made my day and I can’t wait until this show is back on my screen.

9. So cannot wait for the rest of season 1. How can Claire not love Jaime LOL

10. Joe says:

Claire you’re such a drama queen, suck it up! lolz.

11. Alichat says:

Hmmm….doesn’t look like anything from the end chapters is there…..except perhaps the dead dude. I’m quite nervous about those last bits.

12. Fosho says:

I get why shows break up a season but this one was too long. I was just starting to see and hear more people and places buzzing about Outlander then it was over. Momentum people, look it up.

13. Gwenna says:

Re not showing the next series of Outlander until April 4th, Caitriona Balfe made the comment
    she thought it “mean” to make watchers wait. I heartly agree with her. Now munching through
    “Voyager” with plans to continue through all the subsequent books. No spoilers given here!!
    Rather more curious to see how close the producers/directors/writers et al stay with the adventures and love story of Claire and Jamie. It will be a long winter wait but we WILL have repeats as a Christmas gift for which I am sincerely grateful.
    Happy Yuletide and Hogmanay to all !!

14. Liz says:

JUST CAN’T WAIT!!

15. dman6015 says:

Arrghhh! April!!! I think the Starz executives missed the polling data that strongly suggests viewers don’t like long breaks in a season. This isn’t network TV, after all.

16. Yvonne says:

Just killing me having to wait for this to come to our screens. Now on my fifth read through of the book series.

17. Ashleigh says:

Amazing show and got me on to the books but have to admit have nearly lost interest in the series as I started reading after the second show and nearly finished the books. Break was way too long

• Yvonne says:

Patience will be rewarded a hundred fold. I’m on my fourth read through of the books whilst waiting for the series to air in the U.K. However I’ve seen hundreds of clips from the series and read and seen avidly all reports and cast interviews I can find The books are great but the series looks to be very much a beautifully and lovingly created addition to them.
      There is so much action and character development, as well as darker and intensely moving storylines to come.
      I urge all viewers to stay with the show no matter how long the wait.
      I’m both dreading and needing to see the next half of the first series but I will be keeping my hankie supply close. The book had me both weeping and shaking with tension at this juncture.
      Yet readers will know that Jamie’s trials never really end.
      Sam Heughan is doing a brilliant job with his role and Caitriona Balfe is getting stronger as the series progresses.