Kathy Griffin Replaces Joan Rivers on Fashion Police; Brad Goreski Also Joins

Kathy Griffin Fashion Police

The Fashion Police panel is getting a major facelift.

After much speculation, Kathy Griffin has been appointed to fill the seat left vacant by the death of Joan Rivers, E! announced Monday.

RELATED E!’s The Royals Crowns Joan Collins as Elizabeth Hurley’s Mother

In addition, the seat formerly occupied by George Kotsiopoulos will now be claimed by Brad Goreski. A celebrity stylist, Goreski got his start on Bravo’s The Rachel Zoe Project before landing his own spin-off, It’s a Brad Brad World.

Former panelists Kelly Osbourne and Giuliana Rancic are both set to return with the show for Golden Globes coverage on Monday, Jan. 12.

Your thoughts on the new panel? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. Tran says:

Really hope Kathy Griffin is a poor woman’s Joan Rivers. People still can’t stand her including me and earlier this year when she was on The Price is Right, Ms. Griffin ruined the whole show including the contestants and the entire staff as well as host Drew Carey and the models (worst episode of last season – January 24th).

2. Steven says:

Kathy is hilarious and I have a major crush on Brad Goreski so it looks like I may need to start watching. RIP Joan.

• Ninoska says:

This Brad dude is very handsome although I dont know who he really is and I cant stand Kathy Griffith she is very annoying with her voice and her cinism

3. Tom says:

This is the perfect person to fill the seat. Interested to see the chemistry with the new panel.

4. Sara says:

I think those are two really good choices to add to the show. It won’t be the same without Joan, obviously, but it will hopefully be something new and entertaining. I didn’t realize that George was leaving though. Sad, I liked him. He brought a bit of calm to the craziness of the 3 ladies. But Brad is VERY knowledgeable about fashion and styling, so I think he will add a lot to the show.

5. Sara says:

What happened to George? Did he resign or was he let go?

6. Stephanie says:

This is horrible news. I don’t find Kathy Griffin funny at all. She’s just obnoxious. At least with Joan, even though she could be crude, she was at least funny (most of the time). And what happened to George?

7. LADY_in_MD says:

As much as I do enjoy Kathy I wonder if she has the same knowledge of designers like Joan did I don’t want it to be just crude jokes at least Joan knew what she was talking about when trashing an outfit and designers still loved her for it Kathy I’m not so sure of but we shall see
    I’m sad to see George go but I do love Brad so that I’m ok with

• Tom says:

Kathy is VERY knowledgeable about fashion and designers and usually dresses well herself. I’m looking forward to this.

• Joe says:

Wasn’t one of her material was that she was always on the worst-dressed list?

• Brendan says:

I think they should have added Brad and Kathy, but kept all three other co-hosts. They could shift the way the set is and have Kathy in the center, with the other four around her so that nobody ‘takes’ the seat Joan sat in.

8. Iakovos says:

I would have let the show go, but if E! wants to reconfigure a 2.0, Griffin seems a logical choice. Joan was caustic but I enjoyed her calls for stars to be models of taste and to be ambassadors for fashion. Not sure Griffin has that cache as Rivers brought because of her age and underlying sense of decorum.

9. christine says:

Joan Rivers hasn’t been funny in decades. I love Kathy. I dont know if fashion is really her forte but we shall see.

10. NotSo says:

Joan’s untimely kicking of the bucket is the best thing that has happened for Kathy Griffin career. She must be dancing a jig of happiness that things are going her way!

11. GeoDiva says:

While I love watching Kathy with Anderson Cooper on NYE, I will not watch Fashion Police anymore. No one can replace Joan. I’m out.

12. LDS says:

Since E won’t cancel it out of respect for Joan – who made that show what it is – and they should, Kathy Griffin is the only possible replacement I could come up with – anybody else got an idea? And I think Joan would approve. RIP.

13. HAP says:

Kathy and Joan were close friends. Kathy referred to Joan as her mentor. This is the perfect choice, and I’ll bet that wherever she is right now, Joan is smiling.

That said, I heard a rumor that George was so devastated by Joan’s passing, that he just didn’t want to continue on the show.

14. Guest says:

Why did they have to replace one despicable woman with an even worse one..why could they not get someone likable.

15. Janelle says:

I will miss George but I have loved Brad since he was on The Rachel Zoe Project. I’m indifferent to Kathy Griffin.

16. clare hayden says:

Not happy about the replacements esp. Kathy griffin. Shows ratings will plummet .I think they should have kept George and replaced joanwith her daughter Melissa.

• Carm says:

Melissa is the executive producer of the show. She probably could have replaced Joan on the show if she had wanted to.

17. kates2424 says:

It will be sad to watch without Joan, but I’m glad it’s Kathy taking her place. Her humor is kind of similar and I’ve seen her live and loved it.

18. Deb says:

Joan mentored Kathy Griffin and I believe Joan would be thrilled to see someone taking the helm who will present the same “take no prisoners” attitude that Joan brought to the show. A lot of people didn’t like Joan for the same reason they are critical of Kathy, but they are very much like two peas in a pod — they both would tell it like it is, they both loved fashion, and neither was afraid of Holllywood. She’ll be perfect. She can never fill Joan’s shoes, but then, no one could. She’ll bring her own biting, yet spot-on criticism to the show. Joan is smiling down on Melissa for making this decision. Good on ya, girl. Also, so glad Kelly is staying on, and GR. Will miss George. Only one problem with this whole scenario .. they’re not on every Friday. I recorded that show religiously and watched ASAP after I got home. Specials are not enough. Hopefully that will change with time.

19. Michael says:

Kathy Griffin is mean. Joan Rivers criticized with humor while Kathy Griffin is just critical. And what happened to George?

20. Tamika says:

I love the fashion police, but I CAN’T STAND Kathy Griffin. So I’m out!

21. Ruth C. says:

Wish they’d kept George! Bad enough to lose an icon like Joan; then, you take George! Will be in interested to see how Kathy Griffin does as she’s not well liked because of her abrasiveness!

22. Mary says:

Well I know Joan is irreplaceable but I was willing to give it a shot; However, with Kathy Griffin they lost me. I cannot tolerate her at all. I wish them good luck.

23. Ronnie says:

People forget that before Joan was on the carpet for E!, the fashion review shows were just a bland rehash of the fashion. Joan brought humor and designers on her review panels before Fashion Police. Kathy can keep up the tradition of bringing humor and hopefully they will bring in designers as well into the show discussion.

24. Will says:

Was I one of the only people that watched this for the comedy aspect? I understand it’s “Fashion” but I only tuned in to watch Joan rip on delusional celebrities. Such a hoot!
    Also for those complaining that Kathy is so mean and Joan wasn’t… um Joan was recently criticized months prior to her death for making mean “tasteless” jokes in the media, so that point is moot.

• Jax&Juice's Girl says:

I don’t care much for the fashion but I love to laugh and that’s what Joan Rivers did for this show. I think Kathy Griffin is a fare choice though I understand why people don’t like her, but Joan had haters too so……..as far as this Brad guy he’s alright but are the ”REGULARS” returning? I think Joan will want them to carry on her legacy on this show.

25. Marcia A. Maltby says:

Next to Joan, George was my favorite. I want him on the show. I could easily live without either Kelly or Juliana.

26. RT says:

For those saying E should have let the show go, do you realize the show is produced by Joan River’s daughter? I’m sure whether to keep the show going was up to her. Im sure it was also up to her who her mother’s replacement would be and since her mother and Griffin were good friends I guess it’s not a big surprise. I can’t think of anything more boring then watching people talk about fashion so I don’t watch the show but just saying, I think both decisions are on Melissa Rivers.

27. Sally A. says:

While Kathy Griffin is the perfect choice, I am just sad over not having George K. back.
    He provided balance when the show got too “mean spirited” and I enjoyed him very much.
    Not sure I will watch without George on. I hope they keep a little fashion in the show and don’t just turn it into a vicious name calling session. Joan had an eye for classic fashion and
    elegance, while Giuliana would rave about a paper bag if she was told it was fashion forward.

28. Olivia says:

Sorry for your loss, even sorrier that you made such a poor choice hiring that piece of trash… What an insult to your wonderful mother…

29. Caryn says:

Just wont be the same….im out. Miss u Joan…

30. Lori says:

I liked George and don’t understand that change

31. Lori says:

Ugh there isn’t anyone worse they could’ve picked. Really? They couldn’t find someone better than her? I guess my days of watching FP are over. What a shame.

32. ola says:

Why is George not returning

33. Nj Doro says:

I really do not like either of the new hosts and will not watch it any more. Why ditch George, he brought class to the show and was so sweet. Brad is a poser and Kathy is just a nasty person.

34. rjflamingo says:

I adore Kathy Griffin and she is the perfect and logical successor to the late, great Joan. I find it amusing that people here are dissing Kathy as rude and crude, when Joan’s humor was the same, if not stronger. I’m not familiar with Brad and will miss George K., but I think there’s some great chemistry about to happen, and I’m looking forward to it.

35. sharon says:

E should not have brought back fashion police without joan rivers the show was lame and missing joans larger than life personality .it just made me realise what a comic genius joan was

36. Ms Marissa says:

We just can’t watch the “new” fashion police. Kathy G just brings it down several notches and you can definitely tell she is completely uneducated in fashion. George was more believable and came across more experienced than the new fella, but for sure Kathy has to go. I LOVE her but not as a fashion expert.

37. Ms Marissa says:

Sorry, we just can’t watch the new Fashion Police any.ore. Kathy G. just doesn’t come across as a fashion expert & it shows. Love Kathy but not in this genre. Miss you George. Hope E reconsiders getting a better replacement for Joan, she deserves better.