Macy's Thanksgiving Parade 2014: The Rockettes Goof, Scary Newbies & More

macys-parade-featured

NBC’s broadcast of the 86th annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade went off without a shart Thursday — but that didn’t stop TVLine from having a little extra fun with the festivities.

RELATED What TVLine Is Thankful For: A Good Surprise, Homeland‘s Revival, Sexed-Up Murder, Sweet Jane and More

While you were enjoying the obvious entertainment, led by American treasure Tony Danza, we kept our collective peepers peeled for the less-noticeable oddities — like Mother Nature riding on a giant flamingo. (Yes, that happened.)

If you match any of these descriptions…

1. You accidentally slept right through the parade, either to save your strength for the day’s feast, or because you got wastey-faced last night.

2. You did watch the parade, but have faith that I noticed all the weird stuff you overlooked.

3. You made no attempt to watch the parade whatsoever, but you still want to sound cool and cultured when you talk to your family this afternoon.

…I highly recommend you click through our gallery of discussable moments.

Then, feel free to drop a comment with your own favorite moments — for any reason — below. Happy Thanksgiving!

1. Betty says:

Where were the rockettes?

2. paco prior says:

This year’s parade was almost as exciting as watching paint dry or water boil…and what in the Hell were KISS doing on a float???

3. emman says:

And they are all lip-syncing.

4. Wolf muller says:

Tooooo much Kevin and Thea and certainly too many adds, you don’t pay for this parade!!! So show much more of the bands, floats etc…

5. MelindaB says:

Just so your cross is all you bare… :-P

I didn’t see all of the parade, but I saw enough of the weird moments pictured here. Some were truly head-scratchers.

6. Did you notice the guy not singing when the music was playing? Uh oh big boo boo.

7. BonnieW says:

i watched from beginning to end….loved your article. Made me laugh!

8. Steve F. says:

NBC – you scored getting Idina Menzel in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade, and you wouldn’t let her sing, “Let It Go”? C’mon!

9. Kristen says:

Tinnitus comes in some different forms and can start as early as birth.
    It’s not just the tinnitus that destroys lives, but the
    signs and symptoms that include it. The Tinnitus Miracle is accessible in PDF format and
    can be downloaded on both pc and on your Mac.

10. Chris says:

Since I didn’t watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade, can anyone tell me what Al Roker said to the “Constantine” stars that made them feel uncomfortable because of its shortened season order?

11. Mary says:

The toothless balloon was in last year’s parade.

Also, awkward for the Constantine actors.

12. I am actually grateful to the owner of this web site who has shared this impressive paragraph at here.

13. anna says:

paddington bear is actually peruvian, not english

14. Kevin H. says:

Andy, you’re the best! I’m thankful for all your sass.

15. NotSo says:

“that’s my cross to bare”???

Oh dear, you really shouldn’t be baring your cross when the children are watching…..

16. I’m impressed, I have to admit. Rarely do I encounter a blog
    that’s equally educative and interesting, and let me tell you, you have hit
    the nail on the head. The issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about.
    I am very happy that I came across this during my hunt for
    something concerning this.

17. Pat says:

Oh my gosh, Andy, I went through the gallery of the pictures and was laughing so hard at your remarks. Thank you for making my Friday morning enjoyable!

18. It is important to use a good quality motor oil such as those approved
    by the American Petroleum Institute. For example, paraffin, a common refined oil component, causes refined oils to thicken and flow poorly in cold temperatures.
    As a possible example, if you’re using stiff card stock or a stiff business card (which you really should be) simply set the card across the top
    of a cup or mug of some sort.

19. Anne Barringer says:

Seeing Pentatonix was an awesome moment and I love the marching bands However, seeing Santa is always the best part because he signals it’s time for the holidays. :)

20. Tee says:

The little girl from beasts of the southern wild was nominated for a freaking oscar, but she couldn’t manage to lip sync well enough with the cast of Annie to save her life!

21. Kieran says:

Bóg wiedział, że Izrael widzi na co idą jego podatki.

22. In the final quest, you have the chance to earn $2.one million and a gold medal.