The Originals Photos: See Klaus' Adorable Reunion With Baby Hope

The Originals Klaus Hope

“Cute” isn’t a word often used to describe Klaus Mikaelson, but these new shots from The Originals‘ midseason finale (Dec. 8 at 8/7c on The CW) might change all that.

RELATED The Originals Scoop: Will the Holidays Bring Hayley and Elijah Back Together?

Finally reunited with baby Hope, Klaus is practically unrecognizable as he smiles and plays with his daughter like — well — a normal dad.

Of course, it won’t be long before the Mikaelsons’ holiday is interrupted with more pressing matters; lest we forget, the finale finds Rebekah and Klaus concocting “a plan to take their mother down once and for all.”

(Good luck with that, you two!)

Browse photos from the midseason finale below, then drop a comment: How do you hope 2014 will end for the Mikaelsons?

1. morgan says:

so dark so mature so supernatural yeah right this is shows is nothing but a attempted lifetime movie special! How i mourn the real originals this thing is just no no no no no

2. Kristen says:

Wow, initially I thought Joseph Morgan was guest starring on another show or some Hallmark holiday movie 😄 I never thought I would ever see Klaus holding a baby and smiling like a typical dad. It’s definitely strange but if I forget he’s supposed to be this original hybrid, etc. it is a really cute pic😊

• morgan says:

i know right it´s so sad really i knew when that awful pilot aired that it was doubtful that TO was gonna be the show i had hoped it would become aka a show about bad ass vampires NOT this baby drama, hardly any vamps, non original originals and well tears so many tears and angsty stare offs….

• Kristen says:

Yes, I really wish they would stop having Klaus cry in almost every episode. I remember how out of place I thought it was to see Klaus tear up in the pilot when Cami was looking at the painting. Little did I know it was going to be habitual :lol. I understand that this is probably their way of making Klaus a more sympathetic protagonist, but I sure miss confident, charming, unapologetic Klaus who was always one step ahead of everyone else!

3. zed says:

The Originals on TVD were badass…loved them there so much! That was like alternative universe! In the TO universe- there is the attempt to show Klaus’ human side, I guess… Hope is supposed to be the key to his humanity?!
    Joseph Morgan with the baby is adorable!
    Klayley family pictures adorable! For a day they get to be like human again, I suppose!

4. B says:

The Originals is one of the best series on TV. I’m not a fan of TVD but I’ve been hooked since the pilot. The first season was superb. Intriguing storylines, a talented cast that has chemistry, and a darkness that I’ve haven’t seen since the glory days of Joss Whedon’s run on Buffy and Angel it’s the cws best attempt at recapturing the smart genre crowd they had back in the day this season the series has bested it’s only genre competition Sleepy Hollow by somehow making must see tv while following through with the plots the set up in last seasons finale not that I don’t still love Sleepy Hollow

5. pebbles51 says:

This show is so great! Klaus finally gets to see his baby girl that he has been killing everybody, including his bio dad, to keep safe. I’m surprised there are any witches or werewolves left in NOLA! The vampires have been run out! Mikaelson family drama and all it’s dysfunction! I’m glad they get a little time gor some normalcy before the killing starts again!

6. frani downey says:

Well let’s see their parents both have been hell bent on killing them seems like everyone wants to knock off Klaus but if you really look thru his bulls hit u will realize he is petrified he will live eternally alone and unloved he’s really not that evil but you gotta love him when he’s bad he’s really bad let Klaus and his family by happy finally at least for a little while

7. vanessa says: