Red Band Society's First Season Ending After 13 Episodes; Season 2 Unlikely

Red Band Society Cancelled

The doctors are out… after 13 episodes.

Fox will not be picking up additional episodes of Red Band Society beyond its initial 13-episode order, TVLine has learned. Production on the rookie medical dramedy will wrap next month after completion of Episode 13.

Two more episodes will air — tonight and Dec. 3 (both at 9/8c) — at which point the show will be pulled from the schedule. The remaining three episodes of the season will be scheduled at a later date.

A network insider says Red Band could still return for a second season, but that seems unlikely.

Red Band Society opened low back in September, with 4.1 million total viewers and a 1.3 demo rating (while earning an average grade of “B+” from TVLine readers). Most recently, its eighth episode drew 3 million viewers and a 0.9 rating.

1. Christine says:

What!?! Nooo!!!!!!

• hayley says:

Ik I just watched the last episode and it ended at a good part they can’t do that

• Marty Whitaker says:

I like this show Rhino Fox likes to cancel shows they don’t have a high rating I’m terminally ill myself and I can relate to the show hopefully they won’t cancel itlf

• That’s the best part, Marty; they already have cancelled it. I don’t have to hear anymore about freakin Ciara Bravo.

• Miss persia says:

This show can Relate to people, can show kids the life of doctors in a fun way, makes being at a hospital brighter for more kids, sparks imagination, and had a real story line. Fox’s reputation of canceling shows is very likely, but if you truly love this show we can bring back up the ratings. My friend has one of these problems and she doesn’t feel so alone anymore, she told her counselor and parent about it and now is recovering, she says this is her favorite show and it makes her feel like even if she is in a hospital she still has a story.
            This show has changed many peoples life’s and still is. I know this little girl who gets sucked up in her room all day and never ever comes out, she’s always on her phone or chatting with friends, her parents say they don’t see enough of her and they miss her, the one time she really comes out is for family movie time on Wednesday nights and they always watch red band society, she stays there for an hour longer kist chatting with her parents and talking about anything and everything. I. They cancel this show they will be crushing more than 3 million people, they thing that’s not good but to people like us 3 million people is more than enoug to change the world. The world had flaws and this show appreciates us

• Miss persia says:

This show has changed many peoples life’s and still is. I know this little girl who gets sucked up in her room all day and never ever comes out, she’s always on her phone or chatting with friends, her parents say they don’t see enough of her and they miss her, the one time she really comes out is for family movie time on Wednesday nights and they always watch red band society, she stays there for an hour longer kist chatting with her parents and talking about anything and everything. I. They cancel this show they will be crushing more than 3 million people, they thing that’s not good but to people like us 3 million people is more than enough to change the world. The world had flaws and this show appreciates us

• Miss persia says:

Okay this show relates to people and if you red it say MIGHT GET CANCELED so it’s not canceled okay. Also we don’t care if you don’t like seira

• Spencer says:

You know that you don’t have to listen to people talk about the shows but it really has changed peoples lifes I have changed my whole school know so that I can become a doctor because I saw the fun side to it and changed my whole idea on how doctors and nurses dont just feel sad the whole time but really understand and love the kids as their own and make the kids feel accepted. They are like a mother or father to the kids but even better

• kailee bell says:

if they had already cancelled it it wouldn’t be on the app but it still is

• Susan Brooks-Cragun says:

I agree Haley says! They shouldn’t leave us hanging like that!

• Pamela says:

I just finished watching the last two episodes (I recorded it) and im sooooooo upset that it’s over, I was inlove with all of the characters and nurse Jackson and everyone in the cast. I don’t understand how fox could cancel it just because the ratings were low. I would have loved to see where this all went. I really hope that this comes back with a second season that fox rethinks this cancelation and gives the red banders another shot. But you can’t always get what you.

• RedBandSocietyIsOURlife says:

I love red band society and about all of my friends love it too. I just don’t see the point in canceling th show just because the ratings were bad. Fox, if you cancel shows like this, 4 million people at a time are going to stop watching his station. I hate how Fox worships shows like the following, which basically just show people how to kill people, when shows like red band society inspires people to save lives, like myself. By canceling this show, millions of kids aspirations will be destroyed because they no longer have the inspiration. I am never again watching Fox, and I hope many others do the same!!!!

• Autumn says:

I think you are absolutely right!! It is so stupid to cancel a show because of low ratings. I really really enjoyed watching this show. I have always been terrified of cancer that I think about it everyday. And when I watch r.b.s I’m not scared any more. This show showed us that even if you have deadly diseases and live at a hospital you still have a life!! So I 100% agree with you.

• achrafmabedi says:

i agree whith u ! the show is amazing and they cant just stop it

• unknown says:

Hey I can’t really relate to this show but I would make sure I pushed aside anything I was doing to watch it.i have wished forever now that they would have done a show like this.it shows that even though your locked away in a hospital kids have a life and they stick together to find out just what that life is.they are kids and even though there’s happy things there’s also sad stuff like teens dying.i can’t imagine life without this show guiding people to where they belong in life.it also shows that kids with diseases can live life normally like humans and good and bad things can happen because that’s life’s cycle.we all die and we all reborn I have a depression family heritage and my mom suffers greatly from it so continuing this show would make us happy.FOX IF YOU READ THIS YOU CAN GO F*** YOUR SELF FOR RIPPING CHILDRENS HEART OUT AND BURNING IT IN A FIRE YOU WOULD CRUSH THERE SOUL IF YOU CANCEL THIS SHOW. DAMN YOU AND YOUR STUPID WAYS.IF PEOPLE ARE READING THIS IM SORRY FOR US ING THERE CHOICES OF WORDS I AM JUST REALLY MAD.# abc family should take this show in and they could run chasing life and this show together*****

2. Ray says:

The only surprise here is that FOX may never air the last 3 episodes. Perhaps they will end up on Hulu or something.

3. wrstlgirl says:

Awww, that’s to bad. People really missed out on this one.

4. Fran says:

I knew it was coming but I’m still bummed. I really enjoyed it.

5. Lindsey says:

I expected this, but it still makes me sad. I just hope that we actually get to see the remaining 3 episodes, one way or another. Hell, I’d even subscribe to Hulu Plus for a bit if that’s what it takes. This is my favorite new show and my favorite show that is currently on the air until Parks and Rec comes back. I’ll miss it, but as long as I get to see all 13 episodes (and get a DVD?), I’ll be satisfied, I guess.

6. I am not shock that Fox will end the show after the 13 episode. I will be shock that the show will be renewal for the second season. Fox have a history of cancelling show that don’t get hit rating without warning.

• Moment says:

Without warning? The ratings have been poor for nine episodes. Isn’t that enough of a warning? You can’t blame the network when people ignored this warning.

• Nikki says:

HOW DO YOU SEE RATINGS!! SORRY IF I AM THE ONLY ONE THAT DOESNT KNOW THIS. I DONT THINK RATING MATTER, IF I HAD A TV NETWORK IT WOULD BE BASED ON PEOPLES OPINIONS NOT STUPID RATINGS

• Phil says:

I couldn’t agree with you more!!! As far as I am concerned, ratings are overrated and outdated. I wish the networks would give shows more of a chance. They start a show, then pre-empt it for a few weeks for award shows 9like there are not enough of them already) then bring it back again in a different time-slot and/or day. Very irritating, if you ask me.

• ruth says:

Yasssss! And some people cant watch the new episodes when they come out i watch them in on demand cuz i don’t got time but it don’t mean people are not watching the show i love this show and they are just gonna let us hanging here this is why i don’t watch new shows specially on fox

• Miss persia says:

I absolutely know what you mean

• RedBandSocietyIsOURlife says:

Totally!!! You rock Nikki!!!

7. Rachel says:

Dislike!! This is who I hate watching first season of shows.

8. Lainie says:

I truly enjoyed this show. It’s been one of my favorites. Big mistake, Fox.

9. David4 says:

The show felt odd to me, I couldn’t connect to anyone.

I think many others felt the same way. At least it wasn’t canceled after two episodes, and all 13 were made.

• Mike says:

Me too. I thought it was going to be quite good from the premier, but then it turned into more of a teen show, and I lost interest. It also seemed all over the map to me.

• Jane says:

Same here. Way too much teen age romance. I was actually hoping for something a little darker.

• Nikki says:

I love this show and I would really like it if you didn’t post bad comments on here, you may be contributing to the canceling. I don’t want to be mean but please try to refrain from negativity because FOX may just look at this. I know it’s unlikely but so is season 2. Unlikely isn’t impossible.

• Goth much? Enjoy life while you can, I know I will.

• Melissa says:

I feel like you’re kind of clueless. When you read the summary of the series it specifically says coming-if-age for adolescence. The whole show is about a bunch of high school kids fighting life threatening diseases. And if you don’t consider the struggle for life that these kids are portraying or the death of children dark then there is something wrong here. This show has some pretty strong actors and actresses that portray their characters well. There is also adult romance if you watch it enough. I feel like this show is highly under rated. It is comedic and dramatic. Just like most shows you have to get past the first episode (which really wasn’t bad at all) and then you can actually get into it. Also for the person way up there that said this is all across the board… So is diseases. Anyone who knows anything about life with a serious disease would know that.

• Mariana says:

Maybe you couldn’t connect but a lot of others could have especially those with illnesses as well

10. Scott says:

Aww, that sucks! I hope there’s a way that Fox will bring it back -it’s so much better than many of the shows they have on their roster!

11. Ray says:

No big surprise. Besides Glee and now Sleepy Hollow, Fox stays away from CW type shows. I could see this show doing better on The CW, ABC Family, or maybe MTV.

12. Thomas says:

WAT!?! THIS SHOW IS SO GOOD! I’M SO DISAPPOINTED!!!!

13. webly3 says:

I hope the finale wraps up the characters well.

14. twink465 says:

I should have expected this. Every time a show is different and not run-of the mill, then it gets cancelled. Why do I do this to myself!!!!!

15. Cameron says:

Not surprised but sad. Its a good one.

16. dragons3 says:

Drat! This show really grows on you. I wasn’t sure I liked it after the first episode but I stuck with it and now I’m hooked. The kids are all appealing and Octavia Spencer is wonderful.

17. Crissy says:

Because this totally makes sense. Get rid of the quality show and keep shows with horrible storylines and worse writing like Glee. FOX never knows how to keep the good shows. FOX, this is a horrible decision. Especially considering you’ve already gone and cancelled most of your other new shows. You’re setting yourself up for this same cycle of starting new shows and never following through.

18. Christa says:

i am the mother of a teen and 10 year old… We all love this show. It is real and gives my family something to talk about. Please keep the show going!!! It is a great show with teen issues.

19. Hev says:

Bummed this is such a good show. Any time I watch a show from the first episode it gets cancelled 👎😕

20. Drew says:

I honestly think “red band society” is one of the best shows out on television. I hope it does come back for another season because it teaches a lesson and is a very unique show!

21. JS says:

They get rid of good shows and leave on crap like the Kardashians and Cristela. Whatever. Lame.

• DV says:

Not E! s fault or ABC’s that a show on Fox got canceled

• Goblin says:

It’s all about ratings, which translate into advertising money. If people watch garbage, more garbage will be produced because that’s what brings in the cash. Disappointing, sure, but not at all surprising.

22. Amy says:

ugh! Love this show. Why wouldn’t they at least try it somewhere else? Not many shows are going to do great up against Modern Family.

23. johnhelvete says:

The show is good with only the Hunter character as a misstep IMO, but the last five episodes have gotten less than 1.0 in the 18-49 demo, the ratings are just there for a renewal. Instead of complaining posters should be grateful that FOX did not pull the show before airing 10 episodes.

24. Kellie says:

Of course they are, we can’t have a good quality show running two whole seasons. But stupidity like the Bachelor will be on forever.

25. Joey Padron says:

Sad news. The show is so good. Hope they’ll put the last episodes on hulu.

26. Me says:

No no no no no. I love this show I will die. IF it stops every show I love gets canceled 😭😭😭😭😭😭😩😫😩

27. Kj says:

NOO! THIS SHOW NEEDS TO CONTINUE! YOU CANNOT GO AND NOT FINISH THE SEASON AT LEAST! IF YOU HAVE MILLIONS WATCHING, KEEP IT. PEOPLE LOVE THIS SHOW AND THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO CONNECT TO IT, WHY GET RID OF A SHOW THAT PEOPLE LIKE! THIS IS WHY PEOPLE DONT LIKE FOX! SEASON ONE OF FINDING CARTER ENDED IN THE SUMMER AND SEASON TWO STARTS THIS SUMMER, THIS SHOE IS JUST AS GREAT! SIGN IT UP FOR SEASON 2 AND KEEP BOTH GOING!

28. Breana says:

Noooooo!!! There needs to be more episodes don’t cancel!! :(

29. Ashton says:

This is incredibly sad. Absolutely love this show. I was really hoping it would last!

30. barbara says:

They pull shows so early. ….it takes awhile for shows to find their stride….and i think this one has. Come on……DON’T PULL THIS SHOP. ….PLEASE

31. mack says:

This is the best show ever plz don’t take it off plz……

32. I really love red band society and can relate to Jordi! Because I have what he has and chemo sucks! I’m fighting and this show really gives me hope! I wanted to go to the tour but my doctors wouldn’t allow me to go! Right now the hope I have is coming from this show and Jake Miller! Plz if I can fight for my life than you can fight to keep this show going!

33. I love this show alot! If you agree join this conversation

34. b says:

I like this show.

35. Na'Quan says:

Omg no you can’t do this. This is the best show I’ve ever seen in ages plus watching this show solves my problems in life

36. Bill says:

That was predictable

37. Sandy says:

Red Band Society has to continue

38. Rachael Murphy says:

Hello, I am a viewer of Red band Society and would like to give you some imput on how I feel about the show being canceled. I watch this show every single Wednesday. Wednesday has became my faborite day of the week because of this show. Also I know plenty of people who watch this show and love it just as much as I do. People creat fan pages and buy fan tee shirts and bracelets because this show is so amazing. I have gotten so many people hooked on this series that we will call eachother whille we are watching it and talk about it! This show has made me laugh and put me into tears because its just so surreal. When I found out it is probably going to be cancelled I was really sad. Why cancel this show? It teaches and helps people out when the need it most. Us veiwers need to watch this show every Wednesday. Instead of looking at all the views look at all the FANS and how many people love this show. Please do not cancel this show because there would be too many broken hearts out there. We have all grown on these characters we could never bare to not see this show anymore.

39. Meghan says:

I liked it… up until a few episodes ago when they really started building up the noxious love triangle.

40. Cori says:

Sad. :( I expected thid was going to happen, but I still had hope. So disappointing. :(

Can they at least air Polseres Vermelles (the Spanish show it’s based on) in its place? That show is brilliant.

41. LaPiquante says:

That’s too bad, but I get it. It started off strong but soon lost its bite. Instead of being clever and smart, it spent forever on a love triangle no one cared about, focused on a girl as charismatic as drying paint. It’s like it deliberately avoided writing for characters with chemistry or compelling situations. I loved what this show’s first few episodes set it up to be, but I am completely disappointed with where/how they took it. If it gets a season 2, I hope it gets a new showrunner, who can get things moving in interesting directions.
    Also, that Iggy Azalea musical cue? I’m still trying to figure out WTH that was.

42. Norkir says:

I really like this show. I had hoped it would catch on with the younger crowd. Maybe too clean and nice for them. No vampires, werewolves or demons.

43. Urząd skarbowy w Polsce jest po to, by likwidować firmy załorzone przez uczciwych obywateli, które są konkurencją dla firm prowadzonych
    przez byłych komunistów i oficerów bezpieki !!!

44. Maggie says:

literly this is my favorite show i just watched the last epsode 2 times and with 2 minutes in between themDONT CANCEL IT

45. Diz says:

That’s a shame. I enjoyed it.

46. Felix the Cat says:

You’re making a mistake Fox

47. Jan Wilson says:

What a shame. Suppose they will put on more comic based shows which I am not interested in.

48. Jared says:

The show really had potential but for whatever reason kind of fell flat after the premiere. It certainly didnt help that it aired on Fox which seemed strange from the start. This would have been better on cable(ABCFamily..MTV) or maybe even ABC which is the studio behind it.

• Christian says:

FOX is seemingly the only major network to have success with young adult programming (The O.C., BH90210, Party of Five, Glee) so I don’t understand why people always say this show was on the wrong network. Besides the obvious like ABC Family or The CW, I think FOX was their best chance for success.

49. Lindsay says:

red band society needs to be renewed and have a season two. if people actually paid attention to how red band society inspired people and affected their lives, maybe it would show how much it is needed.