Degrassi Surprise: Spinner Returns — and He's Still Working at the Dot!

Degrassi Spinner

Degrassi is willing to do “whatever it takes” to make its viewers happy — including bringing back a fan-favorite character from yesteryear.

RELATED Degrassi Season 14 Premiere Recap: Whoa, Baby!

Tuesday’s episode welcomed back original cast member Shane Kippel as Gavin “Spinner” Mason, who hasn’t been seen on the show since he married Emma (Miriam McDonald) in the 2010 TV movie Degrassi Takes Manhattan.

Speaking of which, we noticed ol’ Spin wasn’t wearing a ring on his wedding finger. Might there be trouble in paradise?

Either way, fans were elated to see Spinner back at his old stomping grounds — yes, he’s still working at the Dot, fortunately for a very desperate Eli — as they banded together to make #SpinnerOnDegrassi a trending topic on Twitter.

Were you surprised by Kippel’s cameo? Drop a comment with your fond memories of Spinner below.

1. alistaircrane says:

Bring back Joey Jeremiah and Caitlin! I still hate Kevin Smith for breaking them up!

2. paris says:

No wedding ring since Emma ran off with Sean :)

3. David4 says:

I rather not see characters I like knowing they are happy than working in a coffee shop for years and years. If they made him the owner I would be happier.

4. Reda says:

Bring back Alex, Paige, and Marco…just for ONE episode!

5. Kalee says:

Yes, let’s remind prior and current fans of Degrassi that Spinner and Emma RANDOMLY GOT MARRIED.

6. Rich says:

Bring back Stephanie Kay!

7. K says:

Some men don’t wear their wedding rings. My parents are happily married and my dad never wears his wedding ring. I’m not sure he even knows where it is.

8. vilma meloche says:

I long for the old Degrassi…a show of depth, wisdom and honesty. The new show is way too glam and MTV’D up.

• Rita says:

I agree with you. I just got to season 9 when stupid Jenna came on and ugh… what’s with that crap she calls music? Degrassi used to be real, now I dunno. I’m still going to watch it but it’s just not the same.

9. I don’t know if they are still together but all you spemma haters that want to focus on him not wearing a ring guess what he never did thats right he never got a ring when they got married.